PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen it mentioned but Kindell Rodgers

dawgoneyall
06-07-2018, 01:21 PM
took a dig at MSU and Starkville when discussing why Vandy is hosting instead the obvious choice....MSU.

Something about the quality of the student-athletic experience or something to that affect being better at Vandy,

Irondawg
06-07-2018, 01:27 PM
that was from the NCAA as I recall

BeardoMSU
06-07-2018, 01:35 PM
It wasn't a dig, but simply about how Vandy's players already visited Starkville this year during the reg. season.

The Federalist Engineer
06-07-2018, 01:39 PM
It's going to be fun to dog pile on their shitty little field, f**k these clowns

ScoobaDawg
06-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Dude. The sky isn't falling everyone isn't against us....
https://78.media.tumblr.com/19f284a66fa79c5c710ce3f329578a35/tumblr_o187akIA4z1v4hxv9o1_500.gif

ScoobaDawg
06-07-2018, 01:41 PM
It's going to be fun to dog pile on their shitty little field, f**k these clowns

One thing I like about texas baseball is they don't dogpile unless they win the National Championship. Hopefully we get to that point in time. Getting to OMAHA is special but something we should expect.

dawgs
06-07-2018, 02:05 PM
One thing I like about texas baseball is they don't dogpile unless they win the National Championship. Hopefully we get to that point in time. Getting to OMAHA is special but something we should expect.

Then we need to go more regularly. And with the way this coaching search is going, I don't expect things to be any better than they've been anytime soon, which means clawing thru loser's brackets as 2 and 3 seeds and going on the road for supers and cos dieting that a wildly successful season.

AlSwearengen
06-07-2018, 02:58 PM
I think that had to do with construction and Vandy was here earlier.

Steakonastick
06-07-2018, 03:28 PM
from what I have heard the two major knocks were no visitors locker room. And the lack of a true press box.

Rick Danko
06-07-2018, 04:45 PM
Then we need to go more regularly. And with the way this coaching search is going, I don't expect things to be any better than they've been anytime soon, which means clawing thru loser's brackets as 2 and 3 seeds and going on the road for supers and cos dieting that a wildly successful season.

Panic much????

dawgs
06-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Panic much????

Just a realist tired of underachieving and not hosting regionals/super regionals on the regular.

Dawg61
06-07-2018, 05:27 PM
Just a realist tired of underachieving and not hosting regionals/super regionals on the regular.

You are the furthest thing from a realist right now.

dawgs
06-07-2018, 06:28 PM
You are the furthest thing from a realist right now.

There's 1 sport we can actually expect (and are long overdue) to win a natty. That's baseball. We have facilities and support that can't be topped. If we can't demand better in baseball than we've had, then what's the point? It's embarrassing to have all your targets publicly turning you down every damn day to stay at programs that have virtually no support. Win a title at MSU and you get the Saban treatment, win a title at Louisville and they just yawn and look at the basketball schedule.

Dawg61
06-07-2018, 06:35 PM
There's 1 sport we can actually expect (and are long overdue) to win a natty. That's baseball. We have facilities and support that can't be topped. If we can't demand better in baseball than we've had, then what's the point? It's embarrassing to have all your targets publicly turning you down every damn day to stay at programs that have virtually no support. Win a title at MSU and you get the Saban treatment, win a title at Louisville and they just yawn and look at the basketball schedule.

Did you read the articles written in Fort Worth and Louisville about us? Both schools and cities were very complimentary of our program and they both desperately wanted to hold onto their coaches. Be patient man you're caught up in the middle of the search when it's impossible for anyone to reveal to you the inner workings of what Cohen is doing. He's on it man. The baseball program is his baby he aint gonna **** it up.

dawgs
06-07-2018, 07:00 PM
Did you read the articles written in Fort Worth and Louisville about us? Both schools and cities were very complimentary of our program and they both desperately wanted to hold onto their coaches. Be patient man you're caught up in the middle of the search when it's impossible for anyone to reveal to you the inner workings of what Cohen is doing. He's on it man. The baseball program is his baby he aint gonna **** it up.

They can be desperate all they want, but there's no way they will ever put the resources into baseball that we have and will continue to put into the program. How we seem to be failing to effectively make that pitch is baffling to me.

You're right, I don't "know" what is going on behind closed doors, but I've watched enough coaching searches to know that it's not good when 3 of your top 4 targets have either publicly withdrawn or signed an extension at their current gig after you've been talking up the great hire you are gonna make AND you have a 3+ month start on everyone else in the coaching carousel.

Dawg61
06-07-2018, 07:14 PM
They can be desperate all they want, but there's no way they will ever put the resources into baseball that we have and will continue to put into the program. How we seem to be failing to effectively make that pitch is baffling to me.

You're right, I don't "know" what is going on behind closed doors, but I've watched enough coaching searches to know that it's not good when 3 of your top 4 targets have either publicly withdrawn or signed an extension at their current gig after you've been talking up the great hire you are gonna make AND you have a 3+ month start on everyone else in the coaching carousel.

What's our worst case scenario here? Henderson, Guatreau or Cohen is the coach next year. Oh the horror. That's our WORST case scenario.