PDA

View Full Version : Vandy Scouting Report

Dallas_Dawg
06-07-2018, 09:20 AM
Can we take a few minutes away from melting about the coaching search and discuss our HUGE series with Vandy this weekend? Can some of you baseball guys chime in with your insight on what Vandy has, who will be pitching, how we match up, etc?
The coaching search meltdown is getting ridiculous.

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2018, 09:26 AM
So you would rather actually talk about baseball instead of a bunch of rumors that no one seems to know exactly what is happening?

I hope Henderson keeps the same lineup because the guys are clicking. As far as pitching, I think you just let Pilk see if he can reach down and do something now that the MLB draft is over. He would have a full week and he finally threw less than 100 pitches. Maybe his arm will be fresh for Friday.

Is Hatcher healthy? I would DH one of Westburg, Anderson, or Hatcher. Hopefully Vansau is just a late pinch hit possibility. He seems to be lost at the plate this year. Poole should only be a pinch runner, defensive replacement, or if you need a bunt put down.

msstate7
06-07-2018, 09:30 AM
Don't know a lot about vandy, but don't let bleday beat you. Don't hit the ball around SS bc kaiser can really pick it.

FriarsPoint
06-07-2018, 10:07 AM
They absolutely hammered Clemson. I have no idea how good that pitching staff was supposed to be, I just hope their hot streak cools off.

ScoobaDawg
06-07-2018, 10:24 AM
They are Vandy. We are gonna kick their ass.
Wait...that's football.

I just got a damn good feeling about this.. would of been over the top if it was in starkville. But our guys are just getting it done right now.

I'll let someone else drag up stats and shit..

msstate7
06-07-2018, 10:37 AM
Stats. Vandy/state

Hitting...
Ops = .793/.755
Bb = 11.4/8.9
K = 18.8/18.5

Pitching...
Era = 3.71/4.23
Whip = 1.24/1.41
Bb9 = 3.66/3.74
K9 = 8.77/9.07

Pretty evenly matched

WPDawg
06-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Can we get some discussion on how the match up looks for the Bulldogs baseball this weekend?

Weather looks good for Friday and Saturday nights with some chance of rain for Sunday.

Hawkins Field
Location 2600 Jess Neely Drive
Nashville, Tennessee

Vanderbilt University
Capacity 3,700
Field size Left Field: 310 feet (94 m)
Left-Center: 375 feet (114 m)
Center Field: 400 feet (120 m)
Right-Center: 375 feet (114 m)
Right Field: 330 feet (101 m)
Surface AstroTurf GameDay Grass 3D
Construction
Opened 2002
Renovated 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2018, 10:50 AM
Stats. Vandy/state

Hitting...
Ops = .793/.755
Bb = 11.4/8.9
K = 18.8/18.5

Pitching...
Era = 3.71/4.23
Whip = 1.24/1.41
Bb9 = 3.66/3.74
K9 = 8.77/9.07

Pretty evenly matched

You forgot to mention girodos, we are heavily favored in that category.

Dallas_Dawg
06-07-2018, 01:27 PM
Any insight on Vandy's starting pitching/bullpen? Do they have 1 or 2 1st round pick starting pitchers per usual? Is their bullpen deep or thin?
Where you at Todd4State?

Dawg61
06-07-2018, 02:26 PM
Vandy beat St. John's 2-0, Clemson 4-3 and then erupted for 9 HRs and 19 runs vs Clemson in the final game. Let's hope they used up all their bats in that one game. They had a guy hit 3 hrs, two others hit two apiece and two guys hit one each in the game they beat Clemson 19-6. 9 HRs in one game is absurd. Must of been a hurricane blowing out when only they were up.

Dawg61
06-07-2018, 02:30 PM
Any insight on Vandy's starting pitching/bullpen? Do they have 1 or 2 1st round pick starting pitchers per usual? Is their bullpen deep or thin?
Where you at Todd4State?

Fellows on Friday went 7ip, 3H, 0R, 8ks

King on Saturday only went 4 ip, 3R, then 4 relievers came in and shut the door. 0 runs combined over last 4.2

Hickman on Sunday gave up 5 over 5 and there was an unearned run later on.

Looks like we can get to the starters some but the bullpen didn't allow a run the entire weekend. Need to get out on top early obviously.

Dallas_Dawg
06-07-2018, 11:11 PM

King on Saturday only went 4 ip, 3R, then 4 relievers came in and shut the door. 0 runs combined over last 4.2

Looks like we can get to the starters some but the bullpen didn't allow a run the entire weekend. Need to get out on top early obviously.

Thanks for the info, 61. Good insight. Makes me think Vandy just caught lightning in a bottle that one game.
Anyone else watched them play?

Pit Bull
06-08-2018, 02:32 AM
Well...they whooped us pretty good in Vegas, so I would think it's obvious they can whoop us good in Nashville. Hopefully, we've improved a great deal since the Vegas series. Otherwise, could be a long weekend.

dickiedawg
06-08-2018, 06:31 AM
Hopefully, we've improved a great deal since the Vegas series.

It?s fair to say we?ve improved a great deal since that series.

basedog
06-08-2018, 07:30 AM

Interesting 61, I'd say Msu and Vandy are really close and evenly matched, I think it comes down to who makes the least mistake in the field such as crucial errors.

The Federalist Engineer
06-08-2018, 08:14 AM
My Vanderbilt scouting report is:

Mississippi State has real Engineering, Business, and Kinesiology students that pay their own way or EARNED an academic scholarship

- We have Will Clark (4.0 Petroleum Engineer), Sam Frost (4.0 in Business), Preston Brown (Med School Biological Engineer), Ryan Gridley (4.0 in Business), Brent Rooker (2 Degrees and Triple Crown), Keegan James (Ag Engineer) and many others

Vanderbilt is a collection of Undeclared, Undecided, and "Media Studies" fake-students that are being tricked into a free "Education" that lets them watch TV and play video games all day.

WPDawg
06-08-2018, 08:27 AM
My Vanderbilt scouting report is:

Mississippi State has real Engineering, Business, and Kinesiology students that pay their own way or EARNED an academic scholarship

- We have Will Clark (4.0 Petroleum Engineer), Sam Frost (4.0 in Business), Preston Brown (Med School Biological Engineer), Ryan Gridley (4.0 in Business), Brent Rooker (2 Degrees and Triple Crown), Keegan James (Ag Engineer) and many others

Vanderbilt is a collection of Undeclared, Undecided, and "Media Studies" fake-students that are being tricked into a free "Education" that lets them watch TV and play video games all day.

May 16, 2018
Story Links

Full SEC Community Service Team

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Having recorded community service hours across 13 different events during the 2017-18 academic year, Mississippi State redshirt junior Hunter Vansau has been named to the Southeastern Conference's Community Service Team for baseball.

The league announced Vansau as State's representative on Wednesday, with each of the SEC's 14 baseball programs boasting a representative on the team.

A native of Crawford, Texas, Vansau has volunteered many hours since the start of the 2017 fall semester, including tome as a classroom assistant at MSU's TK Martin Center for Technology and Disability.

Vansau is also an active Student-Athlete Advisory Committee member, along with being involved in Mississippi State's M-Club (community service club for MSU varsity letter winners).

A recent graduate of MSU with a degree in finance, Vansau is MSU's 2018 Newsom Award recipient for baseball, an award that honors academic excellence, personal development, community service and athletic success.

WPDawg
06-08-2018, 08:36 AM
May 21, 2018

Mississippi State held a special graduation ceremony for several Diamond Dawgs who were unable to participate in the university’s spring commencement due to out-of-town baseball competition. University officials recognized the academic milestone for three baseball players and two managers. MSU President Mark E. Keenum, along with members of the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning Board of Trustees, conferred the players’ degrees during the pregame ceremony before the baseball Bulldogs took on the Florida Gators May 18.

MSU baseball players Hunter Vansau, graduating with a degree in finance;
Blake Smith, graduating with a degree in business administration;
Cole Gordon, graduating with a degree in business administration and marketing;
student manager Will McDowell, graduating with a degree in business administration;
student manager Brett Spring, graduating with a degree in kinesiology;