PDA

View Full Version : The hiring process.....

Liverpooldawg
06-07-2018, 08:20 AM
This is how it works in EVERY field. You do your investigations. You compile a list of people you think you are interested in. You investigate them some more. You might even interview them. Then you go back and make a prioritized list of who you want to hire. You offer the first person on the list. If that works out then that is fantastic. If it doesn't you move on to the next one and so on. It's not a failure and it's not a negative for anybody. I have to hire people from time to time. I've been turned down by people before. So what. They may not have liked me or what I was offering. They may not have liked the facility or somebody else here, who knows. That's life. I didn't lose sleep over it. One more thing, I've made a bad hire or two too. You move on from those too. Life ain't never perfect, esp when dealing with humans.

I seen it dawg
06-07-2018, 08:23 AM
Good talk

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2018, 08:39 AM
Coach34 mentioned it at the beginning, baseball coaches rarely move from one Div 1 to another. Almost all of the time, a big time program has assistants that become head coaches. How many in the SEC were head coaches at a major program before coming to the SEC?

Cohen said we were going to pay at the top of the range so that lets you know that money will not be a deciding factor in the decision except maybe someone like Schloss, McDonnell, or Corbin. All of those guys make over $1Mill per year so I am not sure how much money would entice them. They are also well established at their colleges so it would purely be down to our facilities and possible administration being a better fit. Also, living in small town Mississippi isn't for everyone just like living in a big city isn't for everyone.

Cohen will get a great head coach, we just have to trust the process. Cohen might have set the bar too high but we will get someone good. People just need to come down off the ledge. Hell, I wouldn't be mad if Gatreau ending up being the guy but that is going out on another limb after Canny just screwed us. We are also hiring at the right time this year instead of in the middle of fall ball.

Martianlander
06-07-2018, 10:19 AM
This is how it works in EVERY field. You do your investigations. You compile a list of people you think you are interested in. You investigate them some more. You might even interview them. Then you go back and make a prioritized list of who you want to hire. You offer the first person on the list. If that works out then that is fantastic. If it doesn't you move on to the next one and so on. It's not a failure and it's not a negative for anybody. I have to hire people from time to time. I've been turned down by people before. So what. They may not have liked me or what I was offering. They may not have liked the facility or somebody else here, who knows. That's life. I didn't lose sleep over it. One more thing, I've made a bad hire or two too. You move on from those too. Life ain't never perfect, esp when dealing with humans.

Good post. I've always said management would not be hard if you didn't have to deal with all those people.