PDA

View Full Version : Pat Casey HC Oregon State?

Dawg61
06-07-2018, 12:44 AM
the more I think about this guy the more it makes sense. He checks all the boxes Cohen said. He's had a top 5 program the last 15 years. Multiple NCs, multiple Omaha trips. If anybody was to want to move on from a top job to another one and get a fresh start I can see it being Casey with the dark cloud that's been hanging over his program from his top pitcher being a convicted child molester when he was 15. Oregon State looks to have the best team this year and they just beat the shit outta LSU so they maybe winning another Natty. Their stadium sucks compared to ours and we know Cohen knows him fairly well since we beat them twice in Omaha to play vs UCLA. Casey makes 900k this year.

deadheaddawg
06-07-2018, 12:48 AM
You brought the TN coaching search comparision around full circle.

Reps given

ScoobaDawg
06-07-2018, 12:54 AM
the more I think about this guy the more it makes sense. He checks all the boxes Cohen said. He's had a top 5 program the last 15 years. Multiple NCs, multiple Omaha trips. If anybody was to want to move on from a top job to another one and get a fresh start I can see it being Casey with the dark cloud that's been hanging over his program from his top pitcher being a convicted child molester when he was 15. Oregon State looks to have the best team this year and they just beat the shit outta LSU so they maybe winning another Natty. Their stadium sucks compared to ours and we know Cohen knows him fairly well since we beat them twice in Omaha to play vs UCLA. Casey makes 900k this year.

No chance in hell. Casey hasn't left Oregon his ENTIRE life except for a few years he was in minor league ball. Grew up. went to college (Portland), start his career at George Fox in Oregon and has been at Oregon State since 1995. He is a lifer. He is a devout roman catholic and after winning a national championship in 2006, Notre Dame offered him the job. He said no thanks. Plus He's won 2 national championships there. He can live out being a God there the rest of his days as long as he wants at age 59.

Dawg61
06-07-2018, 01:01 AM
You brought the TN coaching search comparision around full circle.

Reps given

Lol everyone's already said every other name.

The Federalist Engineer
06-07-2018, 07:11 AM
I think we gotta face facts with this coaching thing, we are not getting a multi-CWS, hall of Fame coach unless we hire a geezer like Polk, Jim Morris, or Skip Bertman

This project is looking botched.

If we here about Tadlock getting extended, that's the 4th door slamming shut

Todd4State
06-07-2018, 07:45 AM
I think we gotta face facts with this coaching thing, we are not getting a multi-CWS, hall of Fame coach unless we hire a geezer like Polk, Jim Morris, or Skip Bertman

This project is looking botched.

If we here about Tadlock getting extended, that's the 4th door slamming shut

I bet we end up with the Purdue coach unfortunately. Probably will do a good job- but it won't be popular.

Jack Lambert
06-07-2018, 08:35 AM
No chance in hell. Casey hasn't left Oregon his ENTIRE life except for a few years he was in minor league ball. Grew up. went to college (Portland), start his career at George Fox in Oregon and has been at Oregon State since 1995. He is a lifer. He is a devout roman catholic and after winning a national championship in 2006, Notre Dame offered him the job. He said no thanks. Plus He's won 2 national championships there. He can live out being a God there the rest of his days as long as he wants at age 59.

Maybe he is wanting to get around women who shave their arm pits and don't bring up Oregon cheerleaders. They go out of state to recruit them. :)

Turfdawg67
06-07-2018, 08:36 AM
Just... stop.

DownwardDawg
06-07-2018, 10:38 AM
It’s Henderson.