PDA

View Full Version : Plumlee and ford

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 09:33 PM
What's the chances that plumlee has been working hard and comes back to play next season. Also where is Parker ford at ?

Cooterpoot
06-06-2018, 09:35 PM
Both are done.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 09:40 PM
What's the chances that plumlee has been working hard and comes back to play next season. Also where is Parker ford at ?

About the same as coffee being sold on this website.

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 10:48 PM

Clever. Smh.

MzTerry
06-07-2018, 12:53 AM
Both are done.

Someone needs to tell Plum that. He and his dad def plan on him trying out this year (and why wouldn?t he make it?).

ScoobaDawg
06-07-2018, 12:59 AM

https://www.viralviralvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-oh-you-GIF.gif

The Federalist Engineer
06-07-2018, 09:37 AM
Plum is an ok talent that will try-out in Fall but Ford evidently quit baseball entirely. Maybe Plum has sharpened and developed his craft over his suspension period. He did get a huge amount of SEC and NCAA-Regional experience in 2017

Real pitching variables for next year are:

(1) Rest and physically develop Small over the summer
(2) get Ashcraft ready to go
(3) get Keegan James sharper and stronger
(4) leverage JP France and Neff success (being drafted) to recruit 2 more Senior transfers
(5) We need to get Cerantola and Halter on Campus (Draftees)
(6) get McQ smarter, sharper, and ready with Summer ball
(7) get Cole Gordon a challenging Summer ball experience
(8) see what we get from Eagan, Elkins, and White (the new JC transfers for 2019)
(9) we have Freshmen pitchers next year! I bet we get some contributions from this this group in 2019
(10) Tyler Spring is also intriguing as a prospect, he is D1 transfer to JC, we have Nate Lowe and Jack Kruger as recent examples of such players

MzTerry
06-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Plum is an ok talent that will try-out in Fall but Ford evidently quit baseball entirely. Maybe Plum has sharpened and developed his craft over his suspension period. He did get a huge amount of SEC and NCAA-Regional experience in 2017

(4) leverage JP France and Neff success (being drafted) to recruit 2 more Senior transfers
(8) see what we get from Eagan, Elkins, and White (the new JC transfers for 2019)
(9) we have Freshmen pitchers next year! I bet we get some contributions from this this group in 2019
(10) Tyler Spring is also intriguing as a prospect, he is D1 transfer to JC, we have Nate Lowe and Jack Kruger as recent examples of such players

I like it. I did read where Cole Gordon is done after this year, but I read that on here so not sure how accurate.

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2018, 09:47 AM

With Small locking down Friday night, who will be up for Sat and Sun? Ashcraft for Sat if he is healthy? McQ definitely has the talent if he can put it together consistently. Is Keegan James or Kale Breaux in the mix?

bostondawg
06-07-2018, 09:49 AM

Am I missing something? What about Price? Is he done?

DawgRockur
06-07-2018, 10:39 AM

Internet winner of the day.

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2018, 10:48 AM

When did he get injured? I honestly can't remember if it was the beginning of the year or fall.

The Federalist Engineer
06-07-2018, 11:08 AM

Price and Breaux, especially Breaux are two more potential big contributors

Considering that a college team will get 95% of the innings from just 8 pitchers. We have lots of candidates to be our top-8 guys. Small and Small are locks, so we just need 6 more to emerge from a field of 15 prospects. Ashcraft, James, and McQ are next best 3. So just 3 more from a field of 12.

ejdallas322
06-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Plumlee is playing on a summer baseball team so that he can prepare for college. I honesty expect the same Plumlee or even better. He has been working hard behind the scenes. Definitely would have nice to have him on the roster this season.