PDA

View Full Version : Now that big names have said no; Let's promote Gautreau

Bulldog1
06-06-2018, 09:23 PM
Now that the big name Head Coaches across college baseball have said "no," I say we just promote Jake Gautreau to Head Coach.

Why?
1. He's a great up and coming Head Coach in waiting.
2. He has done a phenomenal job as our hitting coach.
3. We could save money and hire elite assistants.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Lol it's obvious you're not.

KOdawg1
06-06-2018, 09:29 PM
Nope. I'm all for it

mparkerfd20
06-06-2018, 09:30 PM
I'm for this 100%

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Post like this devalue all that has been built at MSU.

Gatreau has been on staff at an SEC school for 1 year.

Putting one of the top 10 baseball programs in the country in his hands would be absolute insanity.

Bulldog1
06-06-2018, 09:35 PM

Putting one of the top 10 baseball programs in the country in his hands would be absolute insanity.
As much as I hate to say it- we're not a top 10 program.

Anonymous
06-06-2018, 09:36 PM
We really have the worst fans. This is why we have 0 championships.

confucius say
06-06-2018, 09:37 PM
Won't happen.
But if we go past Tadlock, I think Hindu becomes more of an option with the understanding that Jake stays and is groomed, Hindu handles the mindset/maturity aspect and day to day things, and spend the million you'll save to hire an elite pitching coach. Hindu takes a Kang role.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 09:42 PM

No it's not. Of course if the guy doesn't blow away the interview process with ideas, vision, and direction then of course you don't give him the job. But you never know...

tcdog70
06-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Shit why not just Hire Butch, and Keep Jake. Snaking a HC from The Barners would be icing on the cake. who's to say Butch isn't a better fit than McDonnell or Schloss. I'd be good with it.

mparkerfd20
06-06-2018, 09:48 PM
We really have the worst fans. This is why we have 0 championships.

Yep you're one of them

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Shit why not just Hire Butch, and Keep Jake. Snaking a HC from The Barners would be icing on the cake. who's to say Butch isn't a better fit than McDonnell or Schloss. I'd be good with it.

This.. hire butch and keep Jake.

confucius say
06-06-2018, 09:55 PM

Based on what metric? Facilities, fan support, Money, winning?

We are One of two programs in America (fla) to be in a super the last 3 years. And how many have been in supers 5 of last 8 years other than us?

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 09:59 PM
Yeah i want to hear this

Bulldog1
06-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Based on what metric? Facilities, fan support, Money, winning?

We are One of two programs in America (fla) to be in a super the last 3 years. And how many have been in supers 5 of last 8 years other than us?

Based on we have 3 CWS appearances in the last 20 years.
I know there's at least 15 teams who have been to the CWS more than us in the last 20 years.
You can have all the attendance records you want, but at the end of the day- you have to win championships to be considered elite IMO. How many do we have?

confucius say
06-06-2018, 10:10 PM
Based on we have 3 CWS appearances in the last 20 years.
I know there's at least 15 teams who have been to the CWS more than us in the last 20 years.
You can have all the attendance records you want, but at the end of the day- you have to win championships to be considered elite IMO. How many do we have?

So your sole metric is cws titles? Using your metric, we were not a top ten program in 1990 either, a notion with which not one single college baseball person would agree.

Let's make it easy. Name the top ten programs in college baseball.

deadheaddawg
06-06-2018, 10:12 PM
We are probably 10-15. It's all pretty subjective, but we are definitely around there

Fan support and financial support doesn't hold as much weight in baseball as other sports. As we can clearly see.

The way I would look at it

Better program
Florida
South Carolina
LSU
Cal State Fullerton
Florida State
Miami
Texas
Arizona
North Carolina

Maybe
USC
Stanford
Arizona State

Right there with us
Arkansas
TCU
Louisville

starkvegasdawg
06-06-2018, 10:12 PM

We're at least top 16 this year.

confucius say
06-06-2018, 10:17 PM
We're at least top 16 this year.

Last three years. With three different coaches. That's why the emphasis here is in "program." We are not a one trick pony like a tcu or Louisville, where if you remove their coaches, their programs go down immediately.

Dawg61
06-06-2018, 10:23 PM
Gatreau has been on staff at an SEC school for 1 year. .

What he's done with our hitters in one year is miraculous. Imagine always hitting like we did in this regional. How many more homeruns did we have than the 3 other teams combined again?

Bulldog1
06-06-2018, 10:28 PM
I would say these programs are probably better:
South Carolina, Cal State Fullerton, Miami, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Florida State, LSU, Florida, Oregon State.
I firmly believe we're top 15. Our fan base is second to none. But I don't believe that promoting Gautreau would be "insanity."

confucius say
06-06-2018, 10:32 PM
South Carolina, Cal State Fullerton, Miami, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Florida State, LSU, Florida.
I firmly believe we're top 15. Our fan base is second to none. But I don't believe that promoting Gautreau would be "insanity."

That's only 9. But I agree it wouldn't necessarily be insanity. Just don't see it happening. Would love to keep him on staff though.

ckDOG
06-06-2018, 10:33 PM
There are just 2 big name coaches across college baseball?

Dawg61
06-06-2018, 11:08 PM
South Carolina, Cal State Fullerton, Miami, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Florida State, LSU, Florida.

Oregon State

Goldendawg
06-06-2018, 11:09 PM

Didn't I read on here that Butch just signed a contract extension? What's the buyout if true?