PDA

View Full Version : How desperate we are for a guy like Anthony Dixon......

Goat Holder
10-09-2013, 09:22 PM
For various reasons. Not only was he the type of back that can carry your offense, but he had the swagger. The type of swagger that makes the DPR cool. That leader of your team. Kenzaki Jones, Fred Smoot. Pernell McPhee also comes to mind, more recently. Tobias Smith is a good one, but he's been out hurt for a decade.

Who is going to be the next guy to step up and do it? Chris Jones maybe? He's been pretty vocal out there. We haven't had one in a while. You could say Banks, but I don't think he had the swagger either.

In the end, I think it usually has to be a senior, and let's face it, our seniors aren't leaders. I'm hoping next year is the year we truly have some senior leadership. Matt Wells, Tubby Lewis, Christian Holmes, Dillon Day....some of those guys have fire. But it needs to happen sooner rather than later. Nothing I'd like to see more than Denico Autry wreck some shit.

RougeDawg
10-10-2013, 12:59 AM
I think I get what you are saying. When is another player going to step up and be the face of the team?

On a similar note of RB's. Watched the replay of Tenn UGA tonight and Rajon Neal is damn good. So is Croom the WR. Just keep hearing these Tenn player names, and they all seem like we were in a lot of their top 3's when recruiting them. I know a program like Tenn has history, but they have been plain horrible recently. Do their alum play the game well, like UM, AU, LSU and Bama. I know it's the SEC but teams pulling top classes with multiple/consecutive shit seasons should always raise a red flag in my book.

SPMT
10-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Dak is your guy.

Barking 13
10-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Dak is your guy.

x1000

SignalToNoise
10-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Dak is your guy.

I agree and after Dak I think Eli Staley will be the guy. He seems to have that big personality that others feed off of.

I think it's really been missing since Dixon graduated.

OzarkaNSW
10-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Chris Jones, Justin Cox, Dak, Fred Ross (eventually).

I can't wait for the egg bowl and Chris Jones blasts Bo to the ground in the first quarter
and throws up the landshark. Could get a shit about the 15 yd penalty to follow. It will be well worth it.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Going back 15 years we have had a good run of Running backs getting into the NFL. One after the next made it.

JJ Johnson
Justin Griffin (Full Back for the Falcons) but was a running back at state when he first arrived.
Norwood
Dixon
Ballard

I might have left someone out. Just think if we had been winning all those years we could have been know as running back U.

engie
10-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Going back 15 years we have had a good run of Running backs getting into the NFL. One after the next made it.

JJ Johnson
Justin Griffin (Full Back for the Falcons) but was a running back at state when he first arrived.
Norwood
Dixon
Ballard

I might have left someone out. Just think if we had been winning all those years we could have been know as running back U.

Goes back 4 years further than that with Bouie and McCray. Also forgot McKinley...

The last time we didn't have an NFL RB on campus, Rocky Felker was our coach...

ChupacabraDawg
10-10-2013, 10:49 AM
x1000

x2

Jack Lambert
10-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Goes back 4 years further than that with Bouie and McCray. Also forgot McKinley...

The last time we didn't have an NFL RB on campus, Rocky Felker was our coach...

David Fair might have been that guy.

Barking 13
10-10-2013, 12:56 PM

puhleease....

col. forbin
10-10-2013, 01:28 PM
I feel like Robinson will be that guy once we finally hand the reigns over to him. He has that bubbly Dixon personality. Hell he was doing the DPR in high school after he scored.

Goat Holder
10-10-2013, 01:38 PM
When is another player going to step up and be the face of the team?

This. You said it much simpler than me.

On a similar note of RB's. Watched the replay of Tenn UGA tonight and Rajon Neal is damn good. So is Croom the WR. Just keep hearing these Tenn player names, and they all seem like we were in a lot of their top 3's when recruiting them. I know a program like Tenn has history, but they have been plain horrible recently. Do their alum play the game well, like UM, AU, LSU and Bama. I know it's the SEC but teams pulling top classes with multiple/consecutive shit seasons should always raise a red flag in my book.

Agreed, this will make you sick if you let it. I just like to think we got the better end of the deal with Nick Griffin in 2010 and Derunnya last year after Croom decommitted, but we all know that's not the truth.

Another is Kenarious Gates at Georgia, he's been starting for 3 years. Picked Georgia over us when they swooped in at the last minute. Of course there's always C.J. Johnson and Cam Newton. And how good would Barry Brunetti be in our offense? We'll never know. Then we finally get the 4 star dual threat QB and he goes pro in baseball.

I'm telling you, our football program is cursed. Dan Mullen knows this.

FlabLoser
10-10-2013, 01:43 PM

We haven't had a RB since that was as good as David Fair.

Barking 13
10-10-2013, 02:04 PM
We haven't had a RB since that was as good as David Fair.

Dontae Walker.... about the same to me....