PDA

View Full Version : Is no one going to point out the elephant in the room?

HoopsDawg
06-06-2018, 07:59 PM
Coach34 was right again. He told everyone 2 months ago we wouldn't be getting McDonnell, Corbin or Schloss. He said to brace for someone from a mid-major.

06-06-2018, 08:01 PM
Coach34 was right again. He told everyone 2 months ago we wouldn't be getting McDonnell, Corbin or Schloss. He said to brace for someone from a mid-major.

Not exactly a bold prediction

msstate7
06-06-2018, 08:02 PM
C34 gonna come out of retirement for this. Troll thread coming

Rick Danko
06-06-2018, 08:03 PM
17 him

Bulldog1
06-06-2018, 08:03 PM
I thought we would hire a big name guy and told him so on here back then. Wish I was right, but not looking so good right now.

HoopsDawg
06-06-2018, 08:04 PM
Not exactly a bold prediction

95% of this board thought we were getting one of those 3.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:04 PM
I havent seen us hire anyone yet so

msstate7
06-06-2018, 08:05 PM

Yep. Wanna know why? Cohen

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-06-2018, 08:07 PM

The number wasn't nearly this high before Cohen himself basically set the bar at those 3.

ScottH
06-06-2018, 08:08 PM

Brought about solely by Cohen's public proclamations.

The Byrne model is don't answer questions or make statements until the new coach is announced. In retrospect (which is always 20/20) would have been the best practice for Cohen.

Barring an unexpected rabbit out of the hat, Cohen will have to walk back a statement or two. Or have Murray, Swindoll and Rosebowl do it for him.

MarketingBully
06-06-2018, 08:10 PM

Cohen ****ed this up. Schloss wanted this job.

HoopsDawg
06-06-2018, 08:12 PM

Yep Cohen. Message board posters. Pay for info insiders on Genespage. Nearly everyone.

Homedawg
06-06-2018, 08:13 PM

More retardation coming from you. Good grief man please for he love of goodness stop!!!.... you go to genespagw for info, you are lost as a goose in the middle of a hail storm. So stop.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:13 PM

And you know this how? I wish I knew as much about my craft as yall do about the inside scoop of the MSU athletic department.

If I did we would never lose a game. No, we'd probably never win one.

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 08:14 PM
If y'all can't give C34 credit for calling this then you are blind!! He nailed it from the get go. Cohens big talk back fired.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:14 PM
Brought about solely by Cohen's public proclamations.

The Byrne model is don't answer questions or make statements until the new coach is announced. In retrospect (which is always 20/20) would have been the best practice for Cohen.

Barring an unexpected rabbit out of the hat, Cohen will have to walk back a statement or two. Or have Murray, Swindoll and Rosebowl do it for him.

Byrne hired a HC at Arizona that just got fired for having an affair. The same thing yall are roasting Cohen over.

HoopsDawg
06-06-2018, 08:15 PM
More retardation coming from you. Good grief man please for he love of goodness stop!!!.... you go to genespagw for info, you are lost as a goose in the middle of a hail storm. So stop.

Tell us Homedawg, where do we go from here?

preachermatt83

How bout you stop... he's right.

BuckyIsAB****
If y'all can't give C34 credit for calling this then you are blind!! He nailed it from the get go. Cohens big talk back fired.

Dont hurt yourself trying to pat him on the back, we havent even hired anyone.

Lets just hire C34 as AD/HC see how it works out

msstate7
06-06-2018, 08:16 PM
Tell us Homedawg, where do we go from here?

Butch jones, Ed O, Jeremy Pruitt... I kid, I kid. I still think we get someone good

MarketingBully
06-06-2018, 08:16 PM

Oh yeah, I get all my information from Genespage....just shut the hell up.

Todd4State
06-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Byrne hired a HC at Arizona that just got fired for having an affair. The same thing yall are roasting Cohen over.

Did Byrne say that he was going to hire a multi- NC caliber coach with HOF credentials after he fired the coach too?**

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Butch jones, Ed O, Jeremy Pruitt... I kid, I kid. I still think we get someone good

What if Jeremy Pruitt is actually the best coach UT has had since Fulmer? I bet he is.

Turfdawg67
06-06-2018, 08:18 PM

This your new mantra? Are you sure it's not... "Wanna know why? Starkville"

I hope all you 17s eat shit in the end... and get a life besides bitching GD constantly. How sad your life must be.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:19 PM
Did Byrne say that he was going to hire a multi- NC caliber coach with HOF credentials after he fired the coach too?**

Nah fam he hauled ass to tuscaloosa where they already have the best HC in the country in the one sport they give a shit about and left Arizona with the piece of shit he hired as HC.

msstate7
What if Jeremy Pruitt is actually the best coach UT has had since Fulmer? I bet he is.

Could be... i just threw him in there bc of the circumstances (reaching after several misses)

Homedawg

He did. No doubt.

Turfdawg67
06-06-2018, 08:20 PM
I'll take that bet... real money, not Vcash. My current bet... 5 years old, is that Tiger will never win another major.

Homedawg
06-06-2018, 08:24 PM

He did. No doubt.

Turfdawg67
06-06-2018, 08:25 PM

Okay, Jesus it's gonna become the same as "we have no WRs". Cohen probably goofed and said that after Corbin, Schloss, McDonnell and others called him as soon as Cann was fired. Forgive him that the interest from HOF coaches with multiple CWS appearances clouded his vision.

HoopsDawg
06-06-2018, 08:30 PM
My message to Cohen, don't panic. Take a couple of weeks if you need to. I'm sure he has a list, but after your top 3 turn you down, it's time to form a new list don't just go to the 4th man on said list.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 08:32 PM
There hasn't been a coach hired yet.

BeardoMSU
06-06-2018, 08:36 PM
C34 gonna come out of retirement for this. Troll thread coming

You got that right...

BeardoMSU
06-06-2018, 08:38 PM
If y'all can't give C34 credit for calling this then you are blind!! =

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/347/402/f6f.gif

Shooter McGavin
06-06-2018, 09:12 PM
You got that right...

He's already making victory laps on twitter about this and Luke Alexander not getting drafted. It's pathetic.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 09:15 PM
He's already making victory laps on twitter about this and Luke Alexander not getting drafted. It's pathetic.

Luke Alexander has shut him up and then some

Todd4State
06-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Okay, Jesus it's gonna become the same as "we have no WRs". Cohen probably goofed and said that after Corbin, Schloss, McDonnell and others called him as soon as Cann was fired. Forgive him that the interest from HOF coaches with multiple CWS appearances clouded his vision.

Running his mouth like he did just shows his inexperience as an AD. He didn't probably goof. He DID goof.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 09:19 PM
Running his mouth like he did just shows his inexperience as an AD. He didn't probably goof. He DID goof.

Damn Todd. You are on one tonight.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 09:19 PM

He's not the only one that told a bunch of people on here that Alexander wouldn't get drafted and Mangum wouldn't get drafted high enough to go. Stovall was the exception as i thought he wouldn't get drafted high enough to go and he shouldn't go but if he ever wants to get paid for a couple of years to play pro ball he should leave. There were a lot of people blinded back in March that couldn't see reality and were pretty adamant and argumentative about it. So now is time to pay that back for some.

I wish every draft eligible guy would go in top 10 rounds every year bc that would make us really good every year. It's not reality. Just because someone is a jr doesn't give them a spot in the draft they can jump and run with.

Jack Lambert
06-06-2018, 09:23 PM
Well I would wait until it all over. Who knows what Cohen is doing or what he has done. All we hear is these so called insiders say something has happened and when it doesn't happen they say something else has happened.

Know one here knows what's going on behind closed door. Wait until it is over. I also don't know what is embarrassing about it. It's all message board talk and one thing I have learn message board is full of know it all bull feeder who try to guess what is happening in order to say, see I told you so and when it doesn't happen they deflect or just go missing all together for a while.

Cohen hasn't really said anything other then what he was looking for in a coach. People have run with it and it look like he said something else.

confucius say
06-06-2018, 09:24 PM

Fake news. He didn't limit it to those three. He said we wouldn't hire a sitting, great coach from a power 5 great program. He may be right, but don't know yet.

confucius say
06-06-2018, 09:25 PM

Did Cohen?

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 09:26 PM
Well I would wait until it all over. Who knows what Cohen is doing or what he has done. All we here is so called insiders say something has happened and when it doesn't happen they say something else has happened.

Know one here knows what's going on behind closed door. Wait until it is over.

Novel approach

Shooter McGavin
06-06-2018, 09:31 PM
He's not the only one that told a bunch of people on here that Alexander wouldn't get drafted

Whether or not Alexander gets drafted or not is beside the point. To be so consumed with being right that you're glad one of our own didn't get drafted is what I have a problem with. I could care less that he accurately predicted it.

BeardoMSU
06-06-2018, 09:32 PM

Wow...what a little bitch.

DawgRockur
06-06-2018, 11:23 PM
Wow...what a little bitch.

This. He continues his ignorance as a keyboard warrior.

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2018, 11:27 PM
We all need to face the reality of college baseball and Coach 34 was dead on about this.

In a sport where the "5 star" recruit rarely exist, due to the draft cherry picking what would amount to Bama's football recruiting class each year, there is more parity in college baseball than any other sport and thus moving to bigger jobs is not neccesary.

As we've seen with the Texas job and now the MSU job, no matter how great your resources, your simply not going to cherry pick another coach.

While I'm frustrated with Cohen's irresponsibility on this, I hope he just makes the right hire. At this point, hire the RIGHT guy.

While smart, Cohen is emotional and let's his emotions and excitement cloud his thinking at times. All this situation proves is that John is human. Stop treating him like a demi God of intelligence and realize he's the same as the rest of us.

What John is good at though is hiring coaches. As long as he sticks to his best skill, we'll be fine.

whosyourdawgy
06-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Whoever said Corbin to begin with was just a dumbass. He wasn?t leaving Vandy for anyone. McDonnel is making his own legacy at Louisville. He has built that program and has a pretty damn good team coming back and his recruits. That was gonna be a hard sell anyway. Then the Louisville AD pretty much said that he would do what it took to keep him. End of story. Schloss is a different story and I?m beginning to wonder if there isn?t some truth to the rumors going around and we damn sure didn?t need any of that. Let coach toot his horn and let Cohen hire us a great coach anyway.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-07-2018, 08:37 AM

ok..that's like saying before the football coach hire that we wouldn't be getting: Chip Kelly, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Jimbo Fisher.

sleepy dawg
06-07-2018, 10:27 AM
We all need to face the reality of college baseball and Coach 34 was dead on about this.

In a sport where the "5 star" recruit rarely exist, due to the draft cherry picking what would amount to Bama's football recruiting class each year, there is more parity in college baseball than any other sport and thus moving to bigger jobs is not neccesary.

As we've seen with the Texas job and now the MSU job, no matter how great your resources, your simply not going to cherry pick another coach.

While I'm frustrated with Cohen's irresponsibility on this, I hope he just makes the right hire. At this point, hire the RIGHT guy.

While smart, Cohen is emotional and let's his emotions and excitement cloud his thinking at times. All this situation proves is that John is human. Stop treating him like a demi God of intelligence and realize he's the same as the rest of us.

What John is good at though is hiring coaches. As long as he sticks to his best skill, we'll be fine.

There you go trying to be rational again. Thanks for not jumping in the dick measuring contest like everyone else. Nobody on here knows anything, but throws their opinions around like facts and backs them up like they're defending the bible against the devil.... Remember when Nick Saban pulled his name out of the Bama job b/c he was happy in Miami and staying there? Nothing has even happened yet. Remember when it took too long to make a football hire and everybody was freaking out? How awful did that hire turn out to be? Well we're still playing baseball. We aren't 2 months into the off-season here.

If we make a bad hire, then be pissed. As of yet everybody is just pissed at assumptions they've made.

ScoobaDawg
06-07-2018, 10:47 AM
This. He continues his ignorance as a keyboard warrior.
Yep..and he still logs in here daily to read everything everyone says.

Vandownbytheriver
06-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Even if he wasn't right, he'd just change the narrative to something else. "There were some secret backdoor meetings that I couldn't talk about because it would've hurt the process." When you make that many "bold predictions," you're eventually gonna be right. The secret is to loudly declare victory to drown out the defeats.

TUSK
06-07-2018, 01:34 PM
Thread title sucks... I thought this was about me.

BeardoMSU
06-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Thread title sucks... I thought this was about me.

Stay in your lane, bra.***

https://78.media.tumblr.com/aaf0fd6e5dd295f0ba9b9b9fd28916d0/tumblr_mqh0wvG7z11qif4e7o1_500.gif