PDA

View Full Version : Was making the SR the worst thing for our coaching search?

Irondawg
06-06-2018, 07:53 PM
You can't do anything while the team is still playing out of respect for the players and the staff that is doing its job well. Meanwhile the MLB draft is going along and HS players that are in the middle rounds want to know all the information about their options.

Baseball coaches seemingly are a bit more old school and loyal and don't want to disrespect a job they might leave or put it in a bad place with recruits who are deciding to come to school or go pro.

I think if we lost in the regionals I think we would have had a coach announced by Monday or Tuesday. I would like to think that the timing of everything isn't hurting us, but it at least makes me wonder.

MarketingBully
06-06-2018, 07:55 PM
That and Baylor beating TCU in the Big 12 championship game.

Saltydog
06-06-2018, 07:56 PM
it's going to be.

MarketingBully
06-06-2018, 07:57 PM
it's going to be.

Not to mention more and more idiots wanting Henderson if we make the CWS.

MaroonFlounder
06-06-2018, 07:58 PM
It seems apparent that we are not going to get the level of coach we all thought we were going to get.

Bully13
06-06-2018, 08:02 PM
It seems apparent that we are not going to get the level of coach we all thought we were going to get.

No. There's a Yogi Berra quote somewhere that I'm trying to think of here.

Saltydog
06-06-2018, 08:04 PM
very, very near sighted. Good guy, yep. Knowledgeable baseball guy, yep. Appeals to 18 y/o recruits, NO. We need an elite recruiter. Hell, even Cohen occasionally had some struggles in this area.

Irondawg
06-06-2018, 08:56 PM
That and Baylor beating TCU in the Big 12 championship game.

not sure how much of an impact that would have had other than being a distraction for a week

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 09:10 PM

Not all of us

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 09:12 PM
Not to mention more and more idiots wanting Henderson if we make the CWS.

Surely no one is really that insane

shoeless joe
06-06-2018, 09:13 PM
Not all of us

+1

Todd4State
06-06-2018, 09:15 PM
I think the worst thing for the MSU baseball coaching search was Cohen running his mouth.

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-06-2018, 09:18 PM
I think the worst thing for the MSU baseball coaching search was Cohen running his mouth.

Yep. He painted himself into a corner. Lost his leverage. Here's to hoping he pulls a rabbit out of his hat, or that he's a master ninja.

Irondawg
06-06-2018, 09:21 PM

We will see how it looks in hindsight, but i think some agents might have made it sound like some guys were more interested or closer to committing than they actually were

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 09:23 PM

Why? Because it makes some fans mad?

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 09:25 PM
Yep. He painted himself into a corner. Lost his leverage. Here's to hoping he pulls a rabbit out of his hat, or that he's a master ninja.

How has he lost leverage? The team coming back, that is 1 of 16 still playing, the unfinished stadium, and great support is the leverage. How is that lost?

Cooterpoot
06-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Schloss banging a woman not his wife was worse.

confucius say
06-06-2018, 09:31 PM
Schloss banging a woman not his wife was worse.

Was waiting on this

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-06-2018, 09:32 PM
How has he lost leverage? The team coming back, that is 1 of 16 still playing, the unfinished stadium, and great support is the leverage. How is that lost?

When you publicly say you're hiring a head coach with multiple CWS appearances and 'hall of fame' level coach interest, then you limit your candidates and you lose leverage. I didn't say all leverage. Calm down.

WPDawg
06-06-2018, 09:36 PM

I disagree with your opinion.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 09:38 PM
When you publicly say you're hiring a head coach with multiple CWS appearances and 'hall of fame' level coach interest, then you limit your candidates and you lose leverage. I didn't say all leverage. Calm down.

How am i not calm? I asked why you say he lost leverage and you answered. I disagree with it but that's ok. Nobody is getting riled up tough guy.

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-06-2018, 09:40 PM
How am i not calm? I asked why you say he lost leverage and you answered. I disagree with it but that's ok. Nobody is getting riled up tough guy.

Sounds like you're riled up.

tcdog70
06-06-2018, 09:51 PM

We heard you the first time.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Sounds like you're riled up.

If you say so. By telling me to calm down it shows you were looking to be riled up. I guess i should have just said your opinion was ****ing stupid and you are an idiot. You know got riled up, got my money's worth and started an uncalled for battle. Instead I just disagreed with your opinion once you explained your position in detail. Sorry next time I disagree I'll just call you a stupid ********** and ask for your address so i can come whip your ass. Is that better?

yjnkdawg
06-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Surely no one is really that insane

I think he is freaking out or something. I hadn't seen any posts saying that although I guess I could have missed them I just wonder if he actually hates Henderson or hates his decisions.? Big difference there. If it's not the later then it may be good for him to re-evaluate his life.

yjnkdawg
06-06-2018, 10:04 PM
Not all of us

+1

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-06-2018, 10:05 PM
If you say so. By telling me to calm down it shows you were looking to be riled up. I guess i should have just said your opinion was ****ing stupid and you are an idiot. You know got riled up, got my money's worth and started an uncalled for battle. Instead I just disagreed with your opinion once you explained your position in detail. Sorry next time I disagree I'll just call you a stupid ********** and ask for your address so i can come whip your ass. Is that better?

https://media.giphy.com/media/z7XxAJf5IL4cw/giphy.gif

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 10:06 PM
Ok.

yjnkdawg
06-06-2018, 10:11 PM

He didn't say that those multiple trips to the CWS were in that of a head coaching capacity. And he did have hall of fame level coaches' interested. How interested we don't know. So how has Cohen lost leverage, screwed up or whatever you want to call it, and he hasn't even hired anybody yet?

I seen it dawg
06-06-2018, 10:14 PM
He didn't say that those multiple trips to the CWS were in that of a head coaching capacity. And he did have hall of fame level coaches' interested. How interested we don't know. So how has Cohen lost leverage, screwed up or whatever you want to call it, and he hasn't even hired anybody yet?

Oh shit you better calm down.

Dawgcap
06-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Cohen making his statement gave a little relief at a bad time to many including the players! Unfortunately it prepared the other coaches schools. Or he has set us up and he’s waiting on his coach to get eliminated. And maybe it’s not our coach

deadheaddawg
06-06-2018, 10:18 PM
If a guy wants to coach here he wants to coach here. Waiting two more weeks will not make or break it

MarketingBully
06-06-2018, 10:19 PM
I think he is freaking out or something. I hadn't seen any posts saying that although I guess I could have missed them I just wonder if he actually hates Henderson or hates his decisions.? Big difference there. If it's not the later then it may be good for him to re-evaluate his life.

What are you talking about? More and more dumb ass posts are popping up wanting us to hire Henserson. Henderson is a career mediocre coach who averages something like a 32-24 record a year. That’s exactly what He would do here and would set our program back quite a bit. He’s basically the Coach O of baseball. I don’t want the Coach O of baseball do you?

Dawgcap
06-06-2018, 10:26 PM
What are you talking about? More and more dumb ass posts are popping up wanting us to hire Henserson. Henderson is a career mediocre coach who averages something like a 32-24 record a year. That’s exactly what He would do here and would set our program back quite a bit. He’s basically the Coach O of baseball. I don’t want the Coach O of baseball do you?
I agree about Henderson. I defended what he did through the season but the silence of players has said all I need to know. I have seen no outrage over his lack of consideration

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-06-2018, 10:32 PM
Oh shit you better calm down.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/7EVdUObyP1Mn6/giphy.gif