PDA

View Full Version : Cohen

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 07:48 PM
All of yall in your feelings or mad at John Cohen over this are really really emotional and acting like pouty little girls because mean ol schloss hurt your feelings.

Cohen has knocked everything he has done here out of the park as an AD. I love how everyone said before this started ''we will never get schloss or mcdonnell or whoever the hell else because of this or that poor little ol us'' (summarizing) now when they do this yall are all hating on him. I know yall are gonna say ''well he shouldnt have said they were interested'' well he told the truth. They were/are interested. It doesnt mean we arent getting McDonnell idc what a newspaper says. Im pretty sure a lot of newspapers said Mullen was staying until we saw the DM's on his phone the night before our biggest game with John Currie saying he couldnt wait to see him.

Chill out. Cohen is going to make a great hire whether its Tadlock or whoever. Only MS State folks could bitch up a storm and get paranoid about what other fanbases will think when we are in our 3rd straight super regional with a team who is knocking the cover off the baseball. Some of yall need to sack up. If some folks on this board were in the coaching or adminstrative game yall would be curled up in a ball crying by now.

Hate on me if you want. Hail State beat vandy

msstate7
06-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Now we on to tadlock I see. These type of posts were McDonnell last 2 days. Again, Cohen brought this on himself. What AD have you ever heard make comments on how accomplished the coach was that was gonna he hired before he was actually hired?

Bully13
06-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Cohen better do what he said he already had done. That's the way this shit works. You wrote the check with your mouth, now's the time your butt better be cashing it.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Now we on to tadlock I see. These type of posts were McDonnell last 2 days. Again, Cohen brought this on himself. What AD have you ever heard make comments on how accomplished the coach was that was gonna he hired before he was actually hired?

An AD that wants to give this fanbase the big time HC it deserves (unless we're acting like pouty little bitches) and win us a NC that he came closer to doing than any other baseball coach in the history of the school did.

Im not saying its going to be Tadlock or whoever. Like I've said I think its going to be McD and if its not I trust John Cohen to knock it out of the park. He has earned that.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 07:54 PM
Cohen better do what he said he already had done. That's the way this shit works. You wrote the check with your mouth, now's the time your butt better be cashing it.

So if he doesnt hire Schloss/McD/Corbin/Tadlock yall are gonna wanna fire Cohen??

Even though some on this board were saying we couldnt get them to come anyway?? Jesus H Christ

Cooterpoot
06-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Well, think about this: This cycle of program crap started with Cohen leaving at a bad time, hiring a loser ass coach, & then botching the search for his replacement.
I think he deserves a little criticism.

Doggie_Style
06-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Don’t sugar coat Cohen’s latest failure at bringing in an elite baseball coach....he’s now fuc*ed up twice....let’s hope were not searching again after next season....it is what it is....btw I love his football hire

06-06-2018, 07:56 PM
LOUDEST SLOW CLAP EVER

There is no one of us that cares more about MSU than Cohen, get behind the man, f*ck Kendall Rogers and everyone else with "sources", they don't know shit about our baseball program

Rogers may as well be on Ole Miss' staff, you think that guy gives a shit about MSU? Our fans look like dipshits asking him questions all day on Twitter like he's some sort of expert

Good Lord let's get a hold of ourselves

Bully13
06-06-2018, 07:57 PM
Don’t sugar coat Cohen’s latest failure at bringing in an elite baseball coach....he’s now fuc*ed up twice....let’s hope were not searching again after next season....it is what it is....btw I love his football hire

I ain't given up hope. 17'd up twice? maybe. or maybe just some trolling / horse trading shit going on. We shall see. I'm pulling for Cohen to hit the HR.

BuckyIsAB****

Even though getting elite coaches to leave what are now elite progams is one of the toughest things to do?

Which was said by many on this board when Cann got fired? Yall need to get mommas titty out ya mouth and sack up IMO

Bulldog1
So if he doesnt hire Schloss/McD/Corbin/Tadlock yall are gonna wanna fire Cohen??

Even though some on this board were saying we couldnt get them to come anyway?? Jesus H Christ

No one wants to fire Cohen but you make statements like he has regarding this search and fail, you better expect some criticism. That said, I'll wait til the search is over before melting; but at this point it looks terrible.

Dawg61
06-06-2018, 07:58 PM
I've always thought Cohen was gonna go back to being our coach once the new stadium was finished. Stars are aligning for this. He intentionally goes after a couple coaches he knows won't sign. Says he tried his best to get an elite coach but it just wasn't to be and then he himself takes over the job he left to play AD for a couple years. He didn't have enough time to oversee the baseball stadium being built and be HC at the same time.

sbt45
Well, think about this: This cycle of program crap started with Cohen leaving at a bad time, hiring a loser ass coach, & then botching the search for his replacement.

Exactly. Cohen left the job to take AD at a time that put the program at risk given the candidates available. He then whiffed badly in terms of the character of Cann. It?s on him to make it right. End of discussion.

BuckyIsAB****

A little criticism is fine but all these ''He better do this or that'' is ridiculous.

Please don't post in a thread where we are attempting to see the good things instead of pretending everything is terrible so we can grab our balls and laugh stupidly

Again, go talk about the braves for the 3 millionth time

06-06-2018, 07:59 PM
I've always thought Cohen was gonna go back to being our coach once the new stadium was finished. Stars are aligning for this. He intentionally goes after a couple coaches he knows won't sign. Says he tried his best to get an elite coach but it just wasn't to be and then he himself takes over the job he left to play AD for a couple years. He didn't have enough time to oversee the baseball stadium being built and be HC at the same time.
LOL yeah right

I'd be great with this though

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 07:59 PM
Yall consider Greg Byrne the best AD in the country right? At Alabama right?

Didnt Byrne hire Rich Rod at Arizona? Didnt Rich Rod just get caught having an affair with a cheerleader?? So Byrne sucks now too.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Yall consider Greg Byrne the best AD in the country right? At Alabama right?

Didnt Byrne hire Rich Rod at Arizona? Didnt Rich Rod just get caught having an affair with a cheerleader?? So Byrne sucks now too.

Bully13
06-06-2018, 08:00 PM
A little criticism is fine but all these ''He better do this or that'' is ridiculous.

Not one 17er has called for Cohen's head if he 17's this up. quit making shit up.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:02 PM
Not one 17er has called for Cohen's head if he 17's this up. quit making shit up.

I've read numerous posts saying exactly what I just said. ''Cohen better hire x y or z or Im going to be pissed blah blah blah.''

I didnt see anyone saying fire cohen I will give you that

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:03 PM

I dont think so. I think what will make or break Cohen is Moorhead

shoeless joe
06-06-2018, 08:07 PM
Cohen, cann, and Henderson are all terrible and have left the program in shambles...one day we'll be fortunate enough to compete and win regionals and possibly make a multi year run into the supers...one day

Dawgcap
06-06-2018, 08:08 PM
I give him the benefit of the doubt. This as horrible a situation as you can get. We fired a coach 3 games into the season after a super regional run. We are pretty bad the first month plus. Fans and team in total disarray. He makes a bold statement but it calms the fans and maybe righted the ship for the players. The only problem is that he woke up every AD with a big time coach. So when can he make a hire?obviously can’t be while they are coaching and not while we are still playing.
Cohen being a former coach, don’t think he or any potential candidate would want to do that to these players. Now could that of bit us in the butt because of candidates renegotiating? Maybe But I think he will come through. I may be wrong but I still think he gets the right guy. If one of these candidates did back out and couldn’t stay committed till we were done that probably isn’t who I would want anyway.
This is and has been a terrible situation for him. Mistakes made? Again maybe but we still are playing for a chance at an amazing season. It’s got to play out in my opinion

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:09 PM
Cohen, cann, and Henderson are all terrible and have left the program in shambles...one day we'll be fortunate enough to compete and win regionals and possibly make a multi year run into the supers...one day

And we will still bitch and some of us will make random posts about how good OM might be the next year or worry about our all black uniforms looking like softball unis.

Cooterpoot
06-06-2018, 08:10 PM
What happens if we lose to FL this Sept?

Dawgcap
06-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Imagine this situation happening at a top 10 football program! Again a tough situation for an AD

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:12 PM
What happens if we lose to FL this Sept?

I will be pissed that we lost to a team we should have beaten at home. Mainly at Moorhead.

Unless Cohen coaches that game then its no reason to be angry at Cohen. There is a reason to be angry with him if Moorhead flops with a loaded roster and one of the best home field advantages in college football

Commercecomet24
06-06-2018, 08:14 PM

Rep given!

Dawg61
06-06-2018, 08:19 PM
I dont think so. I think what will make or break Cohen is Moorhead

I'm not saying this search will break Cohen at all I am saying from the time he signed the AD contract his intention all along was to be the baseball coach again after the stadium was finished. It made zero sense to me for him to suddenly become the AD when he is in the peak of his coaching career unless he wanted to free up time for him to oversee his baby getting built. That makes total sense. Go play AD for two years and then when the Dudy is done come be the coach again. Y'all need to start thinking of the next AD not baseball coach. He never intended to be AD for the long haul. That's my gut feeling on all of this and you can go back to when he got hired as AD to see I was posting this exact scenario back then. I bet Cann knows cause I bet he told him when he hired him. Cohen is way too competitive to hand his baseball program over to someone else when he still has unfinished business left to accomplish. A natty as head coach. Unless that handing over was so he could concentrate on finishing Dudy and come back when it's done.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:21 PM
I'm not saying this search will break Cohen at all I am saying from the time he signed the AD contract his intention all along was to be the baseball coach again after the stadium was finished. It made zero sense to me for him to suddenly become the AD when he is in the peak of his coaching career unless he wanted to free up time for him to oversee his baby getting built. That makes total sense. Go play AD for two years and then when the Dudy is done come be the coach again. Y'all need to start thinking of the next AD not baseball coach. He never intended to be AD for the long haul. That's my gut feeling on all of this and you can go back to when he got hired as AD to see I was posting this exact scenario back then. I bet Cann knows cause I bet he told him when he hired him. Cohen is way too competitive to hand his baseball program over to someone else when he still has unfinished business left to accomplish. A natty as head coach. Unless that handing over was so he could concentrate on finishing Dudy and come back when it's done.

Oh ok. I wonder how many on here would bitch up another storm if Cohen was going to be the HC? They'd say ''But he said we were getting this guy or that guy HE LIED!'' Even though he has done well up to this point and came closer to winning us a NC in baseball than Ron Polk did.

I'd be happy as a fly on shit if Cohen took the baseball job back

Dawg61
06-06-2018, 08:43 PM
Oh ok. I wonder how many on here would bitch up another storm if Cohen was going to be the HC? They'd say ''But he said we were getting this guy or that guy HE LIED!'' Even though he has done well up to this point and came closer to winning us a NC in baseball than Ron Polk did.

I'd be happy as a fly on shit if Cohen took the baseball job back

Cohen, Henderson and Guatreau. Book it. Whose the new AD?

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 08:44 PM
Cohen, Henderson and Guatreau. Book it. Whose the new AD?

Scott Stricklin***

I have no idea honestly. Lets hire C34

mparkerfd20
06-06-2018, 09:00 PM
The only way to put icing on this shit sandwich is for him to resign and come back as head coach.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 09:01 PM
The only way to put icing on this shit sandwich is for him to resign and come back as head coach.

Id take that before I took Cliff Godwin just bc he coached at OM one time

Mobile Bay
06-06-2018, 09:10 PM
This board needs more thots

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 09:12 PM
This board needs more thots

We have plenty

06-06-2018, 09:18 PM

I really don't see how people like you are even employed, your perspective on things is just so terrible

Goldendawg
06-06-2018, 09:24 PM

I think the your quote should be "a loser coon-ass coach".** Remember he came from LSU - UNM's real rival! Hail State!

Jack Lambert
06-06-2018, 09:31 PM

Mean while we have been to three consecutive Super Regional's.

LC Dawg
06-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Cohen knows who most of the money comes from and he'll smooth the hire over with them. We'll be coming off 3 consecutive super regionals (at a minimum) and all the tickets will be sold and people will be in the stands next year. Results on the field will tell us how good the coach is. Not really much we can do but wait and see.

msbulldog
06-07-2018, 07:24 AM

Yeah one day, like tomorrow. LOL! +1