PDA

View Full Version : Prepare yourselves Hendo haters...

MoreCowbell
06-06-2018, 06:15 PM
If we beat Vandy and advance to Omaha, Hendo our coach next year. Book it.

smootness
06-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Lulz

HoopsDawg
06-06-2018, 06:22 PM
LOL, this board sometimes.

Bulldog1
06-06-2018, 06:25 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/wWue0rCDOphOE/giphy.gif

DownwardDawg
06-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Yep. It’s gonna be Hendo. He’s a COY candidate. If we make Omaha the job is his to turn down.

CadaverDawg
06-06-2018, 06:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hy7CskF.gif

Leroy Jenkins
06-06-2018, 06:38 PM
This thread sucks.

https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/boring.gif

MarketingBully
06-06-2018, 06:39 PM
This shit just won’t die.

KOdawg1
06-06-2018, 06:43 PM
I'm so ready for this coaching search to be over.

BeardoMSU
06-06-2018, 06:48 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/qpFg2k3Njuq2Y/giphy.gif

MoreCowbell
06-06-2018, 06:59 PM
Bookmarked.

MoreCowbell
06-06-2018, 07:00 PM
I in no way, shape or form want that, but with all the big dogs turning us down it very well could happen. Just saying, prepare yourselves.

MoreCowbell
06-06-2018, 07:02 PM
you are in denial if you don?t think that it is a REAL possibility

msstate7
06-06-2018, 07:02 PM
If Henderson makes Omaha, Cohen could at least say he meant 1 CWS, not multiple

confucius say
06-06-2018, 07:03 PM
would rather have Gautreau

Turfdawg67
06-06-2018, 07:08 PM
This shit just won’t die.

Well we'll go with ur theory that it's McDonnell... that shit died.

LC Dawg
06-06-2018, 08:46 PM
If we win the national championship this year I say give him the permanent job for as long as he wants it and pay his ass well. Also give him a left field loft for his lifetime, tell Polk we agree that his name should not be on the stadium and replace it with Gary Mother****ing Henderson Dement Stadium, build a 100 foot statue of him in the middle of the drill field and name every Bulldog child born in the next year Hendo.
I don't care who it is or how good they are but the first coach to get us a natty in any sport needs to be treated like royalty.
Otherwise, I'll agree with everyone else's opinion.

Mobile Bay
06-06-2018, 09:09 PM
If we make it to Omaha and don't offer him the job, it would be pants on head stupid. almost as dumb as the mid season firing of Les Miles for Coach O.

What coach would come here if taking over a team after the season started and going to Omaha was not good enough to keep your job?

06-06-2018, 09:19 PM
If we beat Vandy and advance to Omaha, Hendo our coach next year. Book it.

He should definitely get consideration if that happens

MoreCowbell
06-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Bump. Hire the best pitching coach in country and my ass could get behind it.

RocketDawg
06-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Well ... he beat Corbin, supposedly one of the best coaches in the country, 2 out of 3. And he beat Florida, the No 1 team, 3 in a row. Maybe he's not so bad. I've forgotten what his record against Top 10 teams is, but it's something like 90% win.

MetEdDawg
06-11-2018, 03:34 PM
There isn't a chance in hell Cohen thought this run to Omaha would happen. I have to imagine for as awesome as this is, any plans he had to interview outside of MSU have been significantly altered by the fact our current staff has us in Omaha.

msstate7
06-11-2018, 03:36 PM
91% (10-1)

Quaoarsking
06-11-2018, 05:09 PM
As I've said before, if Saban leaves Alabama after 3 games and Mike Locksley becomes the interim coach and takes them to a NY6 bowl, is there a chance in hell he gets the permanent job?

Even if he won the CFP, would he get the job?

msstate7
06-11-2018, 05:18 PM
As I've said before, if Saban leaves Alabama after 3 games and Mike Locksley becomes the interim coach and takes them to a NY6 bowl, is there a chance in hell he gets the permanent job?

Even if he won the CFP, would he get the job?

You comparing our baseball team to Alabama football? What if Moorhead left after 3 games and Shoop led us to a playoff game? Would Shoop get the job?

Tbonewannabe
06-11-2018, 05:33 PM
So what happens if Henderson gets the job and Gatreau takes a head coaching job somewhere else? Gatreau seems to be as much or more of an impact than Henderson.

Cooterpoot
06-11-2018, 06:14 PM
You comparing our baseball team to Alabama football? What if Moorhead left after 3 games and Shoop led us to a playoff game? Would Shoop get the job?

Our baseball program is light years ahead of our football program. CWS appearances 3 times in 10 years is a lot better than never being in a playoff game. Making the CWS doesn’t get you the job.

shoeless joe
06-11-2018, 06:16 PM
So what happens if Henderson gets the job and Gatreau takes a head coaching job somewhere else? Gatreau seems to be as much or more of an impact than Henderson.

This is somethin a lot of folks are taking for granted. Whole lot of assuming goin on when it comes to gotro stickin around if Henderson does get it

smootness
06-11-2018, 06:33 PM
Cohen’s job is not to give it to the person who has ‘earned’ it, or as a reward for anything. It is to hire the best person for the job going forward.

If he believes that is Henderson, then so be it, but I certainly don’t.

Bulldog1
06-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Cohen’s job is not to give it to the person who has ‘earned’ it, or as a reward for anything. It is to hire the best person for the job going forward.

If he believes that is Henderson, then so be it, but I certainly don’t.

I agree 100%. Rep given.

Quaoarsking
06-11-2018, 07:07 PM

Really I'm trying to compare Henderson to a football coach that was a failure when he got a chance to be a head coach. If there's another coordinator in the SEC who did that, you can put him into the analogy.

Shoop would get the job in that scenario -- but he probably wouldn't if he'd been head coach of Kentucky for 8 years and only made 2 bowls.

The Federalist Engineer
06-11-2018, 08:22 PM

Exactly, Henderson without Gautreau is not acceptable. But Gautreau as HC is a total unknown.

Wow, what a problem. But now that we know that the fantasy candidates are off the table, we will soberly pick from actually interested people.

msstate7
06-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Really I'm trying to compare Henderson to a football coach that was a failure when he got a chance to be a head coach. If there's another coordinator in the SEC who did that, you can put him into the analogy.

Shoop would get the job in that scenario -- but he probably wouldn't if he'd been head coach of Kentucky for 8 years and only made 2 bowls.

I get what you're saying, but Kentucky is a really bad baseball program. They have 7 regionals in their history. They have only 1 SR in history (2017), and it was the team Henderson built. Despite having the most draft picks the last 2 years and most top 10 round picks of any school in the country, they still missed the tourney this year. Henderson in his last 6 sec seasons has an sec record of 94-92 (.505) while battling super programs South Carolina, vandy, and Florida in the east, and coaching a rebuilding miss state team this year.

I have said repeatedly that I want to get a guy like Kirk Saarloos, but Henderson isn't near the failure that he gets painted as imo

Tbonewannabe
06-11-2018, 08:51 PM
I get what you're saying, but Kentucky is a really bad baseball program. They have 7 regionals in their history. They have only 1 SR in history (2017), and it was the team Henderson built. Despite having the most draft picks the last 2 years and most top 10 round picks of any school in the country, they still missed the tourney this year. Henderson in his last 6 sec seasons has an sec record of 94-92 (.505) while battling super programs South Carolina, vandy, and Florida in the east, and coaching a rebuilding miss state team this year.

I have said repeatedly that I want to get a guy like Kirk Saarloos, but Henderson isn't near the failure that he gets painted as imo

He has done a good job but he took the program Cohen built and it regressed a little. Are we really to the point where we are hiring the coach UK fired?

msstate7
06-11-2018, 08:56 PM
He has done a good job but he took the program Cohen built and it regressed a little. Are we really to the point where we are hiring the coach UK fired?

You'll have to ask Cohen that

MarketingBully
06-11-2018, 09:16 PM

The only way that Henderson even works as the head guy is if we keep Gautreau and we hire an outstanding recruiting pitching coach. Otherwise, it won’t work.

Tbonewannabe
06-11-2018, 09:41 PM

I 100% trust Cohen. I would just be very worried if we gave it to Henderson and lost Gatreau.

preachermatt83
06-11-2018, 09:45 PM
I 100% trust Cohen. I would just be very worried if we gave it to Henderson and lost Gatreau.

Oh man. That would be like the worst possible thing.

msstate7
06-11-2018, 09:49 PM

Not sure why he'd leave. Tulane already passed him up after he was their interim. I guess a smaller school could entice him; but if he gets labeled a big time assistant, he could ride this freshmen class a couple more years and get a P5 job or even our job

Cooterpoot
06-11-2018, 10:06 PM
I suspect if we’re trying to tell coaches they’ve got to keep coaches on staff, then we’re stuck with Henderson. No high end coach is going for that. That means the AD, who was the baseball coach, is too hands on.

The Federalist Engineer
06-11-2018, 11:21 PM
Interesting Butch Thompson Numbers (I am not endorsing Butch or know anything about his interest)

Top-9 Position Players:
• 5 JUCO players
• 2 Freshmen (Georgian and Canadian)
• 2 Sophomores (two Georgians)

Top-9 Pitchers:
• All 3 SEC starters were HS recruits, his recruits
• Has 3 contributing Freshmen pitchers
• Has 3 JUCO pitchers in his top 9

(1) He seems to need help with position player recruiting or can't get elite players to Auburn. He does really well recruiting pitchers and getting production from freshmen.

(2) He recruits Alabama and Georgia HS very well. Especially Alabama pitchers

(3) A marriage of Butch, Jake, and an elite Pitching Coach would be very Ok-ish.

(4) Why come to MSU? Because he already has ties to MSU and Cohen. And because MSU can have a rough year and still do better than Auburn with the top pitcher in the nation. MSU might be superlatively strong in 2019, like National Champ contenders to start, no rebuild with JUCOs required. And MSU has a bumper crop of Freshmen pitchers next year.

Pit Bull
06-11-2018, 11:24 PM
I'm tired of this coach search talk too and I am guilty of inserting my 2 cents worth as well. How bout we just concentrate on another great opportunity in Omaha. Hendy and Gautreau and Brown got us there. I would give my right nut for a CWS Championship ( well I'm 62 and don't need it any more.....wife is frowning btw). Our program just needs at least one! Hope springs eternal and God Speed to all those making the trip to see our Dogs. I was there for UCLA CWS Championship and it was a great ride to a sort of sad ending....but well worth the trip.

Pit Bull
06-11-2018, 11:32 PM
If we make it to Omaha and don't offer him the job, it would be pants on head stupid. almost as dumb as the mid season firing of Les Miles for Coach O.

What coach would come here if taking over a team after the season started and going to Omaha was not good enough to keep your job?

This^^^^^^^^^Word does get around in the coaching community....at least not offering it to him could raise a red flag among really good coaching prospects in the future.

Cooterpoot
06-11-2018, 11:50 PM
Not when you look at those underachieving bastards and tell them we aren’t concerned with reaching Omaha, we want to own it. And if you don’t believe you can handle it, then we’ll find a coach that can. Any decent coach can reach Omaha at State. Why should we settle for your ass if you’re being paid $1.5M but don’t believe you can handle it? We’re giving our coach everything he needs. Either you’ve got the balls to accept the challenge or you don’t.

yjnkdawg
06-12-2018, 09:57 AM
Not when you look at those underachieving bastards and tell them we aren’t concerned with reaching Omaha, we want to own it. And if you don’t believe you can handle it, then we’ll find a coach that can. Any decent coach can reach Omaha at State. Why should we settle for your ass if you’re being paid $1.5M but don’t believe you can handle it? We’re giving our coach everything he needs. Either you’ve got the balls to accept the challenge or you don’t.

Maybe we can reach Omaha every year, but to own it, may be stretching it just a little. I think you have to have a little luck and a few things fall your way to win a CWS NC. However it would be great if we could own Omaha.

msbulldog
06-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Maybe we can reach Omaha every year, but to own it, may be stretching it just a little. I think you have to have a little luck and a few things fall your way to win a CWS NC. However it would be great if we could own Omaha.

You would have to buy it from Warren Buffet and I doubt all of us put together have pockets that deep.

Cooterpoot
06-12-2018, 12:32 PM

Generally, more than half the top 8 seeds make the CWS. With hosts of the other 8 regionals making up half the rest. So, you need to be a top 8 seed and at a minimum host, and your chances of getting there are around 70% of that field. OM brings than number down every year it seems.
*The top seed makes it to the championship game over 60% of the time. But only wins it all about 42% of the time.

dawgs
06-12-2018, 12:42 PM
If Saban had to step down at bama after week 1 and bama appointed mike locksley as the interim HC and he still led bama to the playoffs, would bama even consider for a second hiring locksley permanently?

sandwolf
06-12-2018, 12:55 PM
If we make it to Omaha and don't offer him the job, it would be pants on head stupid.

No, it would be pants on head stupid to hire a coach strictly because he made one post season run with a team that he didn't even put together.

Jarius
06-12-2018, 01:00 PM
No, it would be pants on head stupid to hire a coach strictly because he made one post season run with a team that he didn't even put together.

No kidding. I can't believe people actually want to offer him the head coaching job. It just shows how short sighted people are. There is a reason our SEC brethren are telling us "we have to hire him" and it's not because they are scared of him long term. It would be a monumentally bad move and Cohen knows that and he's not going to do it.

Tbonewannabe
06-12-2018, 04:01 PM
No kidding. I can't believe people actually want to offer him the head coaching job. It just shows how short sighted people are. There is a reason our SEC brethren are telling us "we have to hire him" and it's not because they are scared of him long term. It would be a monumentally bad move and Cohen knows that and he's not going to do it.

It sounds like a lot of people telling us how great a man Croom was. At least Henderson is having one successful season. Take the 2018 glasses off and look at his entire record. Does making out of one Regional in his entire career make you get the warm and fuzzies? What happens if we give the job to Henderson and Gatreau is then offered the Rice job and leaves? We then have a baseball staff similar to what UK fired.

At the end of the day, Cohen knows more about baseball coaching than just about anybody hiring a college coach. Barring Canny going dumb as hell and chasing the poon, he made a great hire last year. I expect him to make another great hire again. I would be fine making Henderson head coach if we are guaranteed to keep Gatreau. I would also be fine making Gatreau head coach with possibly Henderson as his pitching coach.

Jack Lambert
06-12-2018, 04:03 PM

Isn't denial a river in Africa?

dawgs
06-12-2018, 05:20 PM

Oh I recognize it's a real possibility. Shit, might be probable at this point, it that doesn't mean I think it's what should happen.

Percho
06-12-2018, 06:24 PM
For the movie buffs to finish:

Frankly my dear,

DeputyDawg94
06-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Here's a thought I haven't heard yet. Seems to me that Henderson is doing this with Cohen and Cann's recruits. I don't pay attention to baseball recruiting so I have no idea how well he did with that at Kentucky. Could this be a case of Les winning a natty with Saban's players?

Thick
06-12-2018, 06:35 PM
I said in an earlier thread that there was no damn way Butch would leave Auburn. I might be wrong. Birds are a chirping.

shoeless joe
06-12-2018, 06:40 PM
I said in an earlier thread that there was no damn way Butch would leave Auburn. I might be wrong. Birds are a chirping.

Yep. I was told yesterday Mornin that last nites game may be the determining factor. I think the phrase was, "butch will be coaching a team coming off an Omaha run either way".

msstate7
06-12-2018, 06:43 PM

Keep Gautreau as hitting coach. Gross takes over at auburn. I think both teams would be in good hands

The Federalist Engineer
06-12-2018, 07:01 PM

Is Gene a species of bird?.... Mississippia Livia Domestica

I kid

Mjoelner34
06-12-2018, 07:59 PM
I basically posted this in the 'Henderson' thread but I'll post it again here. Don't you think the odds are that if Cohen had any intention of making the interim tag permanent in the future or if Henderson wanted it to be permanent that the topic would have come up at that same time he was made interim? And if it had, Cohen wouldn't have immediately started telling people we were going to hire a coach with extensive head coaching experience who had made multiple trips to Omaha. Instead, he likely would have said something along the lines of he was going to perform his due diligence and make a decision once the season was over.

And, don't get me wrong on this. We've had an outstanding year and are still going strong which is damn impressive considering the turmoil we've had to overcome from lack of fall ball, Cann canned and a long early season road trip but this team didn't just come from out of nowhere. We were ranked #12 preseason by D1 Baseball and #23 by Baseball America.