PDA

View Full Version : O'Sullivan

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Is he the best coach in college baseball in your opinion?

I think the top 5 are schloss, Tadlock, sully, McDonnell, and Casey but have no idea who I'd say is the BEST. Would be hard to argue against any of them as #1

Pit Bull
06-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Is he the best coach in college baseball in your opinion?

I think the top 5 are schloss, Tadlock, sully, McDonnell, and Casey but have no idea who I'd say is the BEST. Would be hard to argue against any of them as #1

Corbin #1 hands down. Vandy baseball program prior to him arriving was tons worse than any other program you listed. In fact, it was more like Swayze Field bad.

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2018, 04:30 PM
I'd go with Casey.

Casey & Sully have equal programs with not close to equal recruiting grounds.

Look at he draft. Most of Oregon State's team went in the top 10 rounds.

Oregon State's recruiting, development, & evaluation is ridiculously awesome.

To build that in Corvallis is beyond absurd. There is literally nothing about that school that should allow it to be baseball hot bed

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2018, 04:32 PM
Corbin #1 hands down. Vandy baseball program prior to him arriving was tons worse than any other program you listed. In fact, it was more like Swayze Field bad.

Cobin is awesome, but has way more advantages than Casey at Oregon State & Casey has been more successful

Pit Bull
06-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Also, that beer belly guy at Cal Fullerton has got them on the way back up. Fullerton had stagnated a bit prior to his arrival. We beat him in Vegas during a regional a few years back, but he's got them on a steady rise since then. I think they take on Oregon State in the Super, but they did look pretty impressive taking out Stanford in Palo Alto.

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Cobin is awesome, but has way more advantages than Casey at Oregon State & Casey has been more successful

Correct. You put Corbin on a level playing field and I think he's not nearly as impressive

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Also, that beer belly guy at Cal Fullerton has got them on the way back up. Fullerton had stagnated a bit prior to his arrival. We beat him in Vegas during a regional a few years back, but he's got them on a steady rise since then. I think they take on Oregon State in the Super, but they did look pretty impressive taking out Stanford in Palo Alto.

Vanderhook

AlSwearengen
06-06-2018, 04:42 PM
I don’t think there is a clear cut No.1. A top 5 or maybe even a top 10 is more appropriate.

Did Vandy give full rides before Corbin? He definitely has an advantage.

Bulldog1
06-06-2018, 04:43 PM
It'd be tough for me to put Corbin ahead of any of those 5.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Hell I would be a good coach at Vandy with all the advantages they have....

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 04:47 PM

Ha. Agree. Rep given !!

Pit Bull
06-06-2018, 08:55 PM

Did not the coaches before Corbin have the same advantages?