PDA

View Full Version : Corbin signs extension

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 03:46 PM
Cohen got all these schools scared. They throwing money at some of their coaches to make sure we don't come get em. Lol.

msstate7
06-06-2018, 03:49 PM
Cohen got played

Captain Falcon
06-06-2018, 03:50 PM
I don’t think it was ever going to be Corbin. Great coach, but he’s almost 60 and in a great situation at Vandy. He will retire there.

drummerdawg
06-06-2018, 03:52 PM
We're about to start looking like the Tennessee football coaching search.

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 03:55 PM
We're about to start looking like the Tennessee football coaching search.

No

Doggie_Style
06-06-2018, 04:02 PM
Cohen got played

I like Cohen but he has now made two mistakes with baseball

1) Hiring that jack-ass Cann

2) Running his mouth about the specifics of the coaching search

....hopefully he's able to pull this off but I'm beginning to wonder

was21
06-06-2018, 04:10 PM
looks like it's working too

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 04:11 PM

Agree with this post. Rep given.

Big4Dawg
06-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Hopefully we get a new Dan...

Todd4State
06-06-2018, 04:14 PM
I don't think Corbin was ever going to accept our job anyway even though Cohen wanted him to.

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 04:18 PM
I don't think Corbin was ever going to accept our job anyway even though Cohen wanted him to.

Agreed. He's not leaving Vandy. I never wanted him. I just am not convinced he can win when put on fair ground a scholarship wise.

Turfdawg67
06-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Why don't you guys actually let Cohen fail before calling him a failure. How f****** novel that would be.

Dawgology
06-06-2018, 04:54 PM
I'm going to laugh when it still ends up being Schloss

Tbonewannabe
06-06-2018, 04:55 PM

There was absolutely no one that thought that before the beginning of this year. Canny's first year and how he set up recruiting was outstanding. Unless Cohen just completely overlooked things in the background check or interview process then Canny was a home run hire. Canny going off the rails couldn't have been predicted unless other information is out there.

Tbonewannabe
06-06-2018, 04:56 PM

This would be completely mind bottling, my mind would be completely in the 17ing bottle.

Cowbell
06-06-2018, 05:01 PM

This! It is funny how there has been nothing official about him staying. Has there been any statements made other than Kendall Rogers?

ScoobaDawg
06-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Cohen got all these schools scared. They throwing money at some of their coaches to make sure we don't come get em. Lol.

Can you provide a link. nothing on twitter or anywhere on the web I can find...

preachermatt83
06-06-2018, 05:18 PM
Can you provide a link. nothing on twitter or anywhere on the web I can find...

I just heard finebaum say it. Just about 4:15

smootness
06-06-2018, 05:51 PM
Cohen got played

You guys need to chill. out. It’s like a game thread 24/7 up in here.

msstate7
06-06-2018, 05:55 PM
You guys need to chill. out. It’s like a game thread 24/7 up in here.

Nah, we sprung haha

If Cohen doesn't hire a guy with "multiple CWS", then he got played, right? You don't make those comments public without thinking you have a deal. I'm not even gonna be mad if we end up with Godwin. I like him, and will be happy with that hire. Still doesn't change the fact someone (agent or coach) run game on Cohen

smootness
06-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Nah, we sprung haha

If Cohen doesn't hire a guy with "multiple CWS", then he got played, right? You don't make those comments public without thinking you have a deal. I'm not even gonna be mad if we end up with Godwin. I like him, and will be happy with that hire. Still doesn't change the fact someone (agent or coach) run game on Cohen

IF that happens, then yes, it was dumb to say that. But that has not happened yet.

DawgFromOxford
06-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Why don't you guys actually let Cohen fail before calling him a failure. How f****** novel that would be.

I like this guy. Rep given

msstate7
06-06-2018, 06:47 PM
IF that happens, then yes, it was dumb to say that. But that has not happened yet.

Corbin, schloss, and McDonnell all out now. Who can Cohen save face with now?

Doggie_Style
06-06-2018, 07:36 PM
There was absolutely no one that thought that before the beginning of this year. Canny's first year and how he set up recruiting was outstanding. Unless Cohen just completely overlooked things in the background check or interview process then Canny was a home run hire. Canny going off the rails couldn't have been predicted unless other information is out there.

Other info was out there...he was a known skirt chaser and someone who had a short resume...he did nothing but bloviate and traded his career for his own self indulgence....it was a terrible hire, Cohen is human and he?s also made a huge error in the he way he?s handled this search

KOdawg1
06-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Corbin, schloss, and McDonnell all out now. Who can Cohen save face with now?

Tadlock

msstate7
06-06-2018, 07:40 PM
Tadlock

And sully, mike Martin, pat Casey, and probably a few more. Wouldn't get my hopes up on any of them esp with tadlock being at his school

drummerdawg
06-06-2018, 07:42 PM
No

Oh really...? It's looking like it right now. There's only a few coaches left out there that the fans would be happy about like Cohen promised. We'll see.

06-06-2018, 07:43 PM
You guys need to chill. out. It?s like a game thread 24/7 up in here.

No shit, this schtick is beyond old, msstate7 specifically, good f*cking grief

Homedawg
06-06-2018, 08:06 PM
Cohen got played

We were never getting Corbin. Anyone who thought that was crazy. Be glad coach isn?t here right now bc he and others, said we would never get any of the ones that kept getting mentioned. It was a long shot at best. Cohen should have been quiet. We will get a good coach. But right or wrong he doesn?t look good at this point.

Homedawg
06-06-2018, 08:07 PM

Say what???

msstate7
06-06-2018, 08:13 PM
We were never getting Corbin. Anyone who thought that was crazy. Be glad coach isn?t here right now bc he and others, said we would never get any of the ones that kept getting mentioned. It was a long shot at best. Cohen should have been quiet. We will get a good coach. But right or wrong he doesn?t look good at this point.

And that's all I'm saying. I don't think we have to hire one of the big 3 to be successful... hell, we're getting along just fine with Henderson. Cohen deserves some criticism though for selling a dream to his own fan base that didn't even expect those type of guys to start with. I think Cohen will find a good coach, but he needs to learn how to "don't hit send" or whatever the guy says on Monday night football haha