PDA

View Full Version : Undrafted Top 100 - Look at this List

Count Istvan Teleky
06-05-2018, 05:25 PM
https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker/undrafted

If you look at this website and click on the Undrafted players, in the top 100 there are twelve players that were rated top 100 but have thus far gone undrafted. The draft is in the tenth round at the time of this writing. Here are those twelve players, their rank, and college commitment.

19 UGA
23 Vandy
55 FSU
63 Miami
65 LSU (Zach Watson, sophmore IF)
78 LSU
81 Vandy
91 LSU (Hess, sophmore pitcher)
94 Vandy
95 Vandy
96 Coastal Carolina
100 Auburn

My gosh, look at Vandy. I wish now we were getting Corbin if he's got it figured out how to keep four of the top 100 from going pro.

Sickening.

preachermatt83
06-05-2018, 05:48 PM
https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker/undrafted

If you look at this website and click on the Undrafted players, in the top 100 there are twelve players that were rated top 100 but have thus far gone undrafted. The draft is in the tenth round at the time of this writing. Here are those twelve players, their rank, and college commitment.

19 UGA
23 Vandy
55 FSU
63 Miami
65 LSU (Zach Watson, sophmore IF)
78 LSU
81 Vandy
91 LSU (Hess, sophmore pitcher)
94 Vandy
95 Vandy
96 Coastal Carolina
100 Auburn

My gosh, look at Vandy. I wish now we were getting Corbin if he's got it figured out how to keep four of the top 100 from going pro.

Sickening.

It's easier when you can offer a free education at one of the country's best universities

msstate7
06-05-2018, 05:49 PM
It's easier when you can offer a free education at one of the country's best universities

It's also easier when you are an mlb factory

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 05:55 PM

Can you find a single season Vanderbilt kept 4 top 100 guys before Corbin arrived? It's so easy to recruit to Vanderbilt you shouldn't have any troubles finding one.

MarketingBully
06-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Vandy also had 5 recruits taken in the draft so far too.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 06:35 PM
A couple of things:

Look at where most of their top 100 signees rank. Two are in the 90's and one is in the 80's. If you go strictly by ranking that's basically third round early fourth round talent which is very good but they're not getting most of their top guys.

Vanderbilt became Vanderbilt in large part because of Derek Johnson who used to be their pitching coach. The reason Corbin has continued to have success- IMO to a slightly lesser degree but still successful- is because he continues to have assistants with major scouting connections. Florida has the same thing with their assistants. There is a way to better predict the draft and maximize success with signees and I think Cohen knows that because that was one of the major reasons for Cann being hired.