PDA

View Full Version : We might not be out of the woods just yet RE: Ole Miss baseball

06-05-2018, 04:00 PM
Yes, we avoided a big bullet this year, but so far, they've only lost Rolison, Fortes and Feigl, in addition to their seniors Golsan, Rowe and Stokes. I'd really like to see a few more juniors of theirs roll off the board, namely Cockrell, Olenek, McArthur and Carracci. If not, we still have to deal with them making a run again next year

I've been saying a while if we can get through this total blind luck class of 2016 they signed, they'll probably go away and cease to be a wart on our asscrack anymore

dawgman15
06-05-2018, 04:04 PM
When have they been a wart too us? Last time I checked this spectacular class is 1-7 against us.

starkvegasdawg
06-05-2018, 04:06 PM
Yes, we avoided a big bullet this year, but so far, they've only lost Rolison, Fortes and Feigl, in addition to their seniors Golsan, Rowe and Stokes. I'd really like to see a few more juniors of theirs roll off the board, namely Cockrell, Olenek, McArthur and Carracci. If not, we still have to deal with them making a run again next year

I've been saying a while if we can get through this total blind luck class of 2016 they signed, they'll probably go away and cease to be a wart on our asscrack anymore

They weren't a wart this year when they were "loaded". We beat them 3/4 and they lost a regional they hosted as the only power five team there. They had an over inflated record playing a bunch of Midvale School for the Deaf and Blind type schools. When they stepped in against teams with a pulse and something on the line they folded like a cardhouse under a ceiling fan.

MarketingBully
06-05-2018, 04:09 PM

They aren’t winning a national title in baseball. They couldn’t make it out of their own regional to the Super Regional Round as the #4 national seed. I literally couldn’t give a shit about them.

The Federalist Engineer
06-05-2018, 04:10 PM
Talent is not OMs problem, if those same players wore maroon, their balls would miraculously would drop

Bulldog1
06-05-2018, 04:10 PM
They're not making a run next year, or any other year for that matter.

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 04:12 PM
I thought you had to go into the woods to kill bears

Leroy Jenkins
06-05-2018, 04:15 PM

We've won something like 10 of the last 12 vs them. Find something else to worry about. Warts indeed.

TNDawg35
06-05-2018, 04:15 PM
I thought you had to go into the woods to kill bears

Beats, Bears, BattleStar Galactia

NWADAWG
06-05-2018, 04:22 PM
I literally couldn?t give a shit about them.[/QUOTE]

I could but that?s because I had a big lunch.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-05-2018, 04:33 PM
I strongly disagree with you guys that say "well still beat them, who cares??"

I don't want OM to win a single F***ing game from now till the appocolypse. I don't care if they'd only win 1 game next year, is still want the player who would get them that win to leave before then. Some of y'all need to refocus.... this is OM were talking about, it's not enough just to be better than them. They should be ground into national and regional obscurity in every sport, and I hope every single eligible player gets drafted asap to help that happen

Randolph Dupree
06-05-2018, 04:55 PM

You need to grow a pair. Seriously. Weakest post I've read...ever.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 05:03 PM
Losing Rolison and Feigl are major losses and immediately weaken their bullpen in the process even if they keep McArthur.

Those seniors were key players plus Fortes is a big loss offensively.

KOdawg1
06-05-2018, 05:06 PM
Losing Rolison and Feigl are major losses and immediately weaken their bullpen in the process even if they keep McArthur.

Those seniors were key players plus Fortes is a big loss offensively.

Fortes is a good defensive catcher too. It's fun to see him frame pitches. Won't be sad to see him go.

Turfdawg67
06-05-2018, 05:07 PM

Either the most negative State fan or a Bear in Shark's clothing. Seriously, take a gander at this dude's posts. And who can rattle off names of OM's baseball team? 1 or 2, okay... 10 Reb/Bear/Sharks? I couldn't.

BuckyIsAB****
06-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Smh

BuckyIsAB****
06-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Either the most negative State fan or a Bear in Shark's clothing. Seriously, take a gander at this dude's posts. And who can rattle off names of OM's baseball team? 1 or 2, okay... 10 Reb/Bear/Sharks? I couldn't.

Im usually not that guy to do this but Im starting to agree

I seen it dawg
06-05-2018, 07:48 PM

Have you paid attention at all to this years baseball season?

Cloak
06-05-2018, 07:53 PM
You need to grow a pair. Seriously. Weakest post I've read...ever.

Yeah, this is the most embarrasing post I've ever read. He's got to be a bear.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Have you paid attention at all to this years baseball season?

He obviously hasn't paid attention to what we have coming back.

That's one thing I don't understand- Ole Miss plays a ton of freshmen last year and they don't make a regional...."But they're so talented and they're going to make a run, I don't know what I'm going to do if they win a National Title, blah, blah, blah."

We have a team with a ton of freshmen that makes it to a SR and our fans don't give our guys half the hype. You would think that we're losing a regional to Tennessee Tech or something.

Rick Danko
06-05-2018, 08:43 PM
5049 is a *****... that is all

Commercecomet24
06-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Wonder what the bears think about our "little players" now lol. Those "little players" whipped their butt all year and are still playing. Big bad bears are at the house. The bears always find a way to choke in the post season, it's what they're good at.

MarketingBully
06-05-2018, 08:45 PM
He’s not a bear. Just one of the more negative chicken little State fans we have.

Captain Falcon
06-05-2018, 08:49 PM
If Mangum and Stovall come back then we will literally return every single player that took an at-bat for us this year other than Tanner Poole. And even if we lose Mangum and Stovall, we still return a ton.

We will have to rebuild on the mound, but we will still have Self, probably Small, and we get several guys back from injury.

But yes let’s worry about what a team we’ve won 10 of 12 against brings back.

Bulldog1
06-05-2018, 09:05 PM
We are going to a super regional and we have fans that are worrying about Mississippi's baseball team next year? Ridiculous.

LC Dawg
06-05-2018, 10:18 PM

How did we avoid a big bullet? We won 3 of 4 from them. We are in a Super Regional. They are at home courtesy of Tennessee Tech.
I admit that I would rather us host regionals than them but for the most part I don't give a **** who they have coming back.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 10:34 PM
If Mangum and Stovall come back then we will literally return every single player that took an at-bat for us this year other than Tanner Poole. And even if we lose Mangum and Stovall, we still return a ton.

We will have to rebuild on the mound, but we will still have Self, probably Small, and we get several guys back from injury.

But yes let’s worry about what a team we’ve won 10 of 12 against brings back.

Pitching is always somewhat of a question mark. If Small comes back then we have a legit ace who could be a potential first round pick. If he doesn't we're probably looking at Keegan James, Denver McQuary, and probably Tyler Spring who is a JUCO pitcher who started out at Alabama. Riley Self could be in the mix if he can learn to throw another pitch to go along with what he has currently. If he doesn't he will either be our closer or relief ace. We get Spencer Price back but he will be coming off of surgery so who knows what we will be getting. Same with Kale Breaux who should be further along next year. Trysten Barlow may be back as well.

The other wild card with the pitching staff at least in my mind is we will have a new pitching coach. I think that could be a very good thing.

Some freshmen to watch are Bryce Brock, Eric Cerentola, Christian McLoud, and Brandon Smith. I could see them having an impact out of the bullpen immediately possibly.

So definitely some question marks- but also some things to work with. Hopefully we get a modern cutting edge pitching coach that can take us over the top.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 10:36 PM
How did we avoid a big bullet? We won 3 of 4 from them. We are in a Super Regional. They are at home courtesy of Tennessee Tech.
I admit that I would rather us host regionals than them but for the most part I don't give a **** who they have coming back.

7 of 8 the last two years and 10 of 12 the past three.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 10:37 PM
We are going to a super regional and we have fans that are worrying about Mississippi's baseball team next year? Ridiculous.

Yeah. Like ONE DAY after they got bitch slapped by Tennessee Tech and ONE DAY after our team bitch slapped Oklahoma twice and FSU.

Dawgbite
06-06-2018, 07:54 AM
It's never wrong to wish ill upon the Bears. While the OP's first sentence could have been better worded, he is not very far off. Imagine if their team had the testicular fortitude that has been displayed by the Bulldogs this year. Talent will only get them so far, heart and desire are required to get them over the hump and that's in pretty short supply on a team of entitled primadonnas.

Dolphus Raymond
06-06-2018, 10:52 AM
I will repeat what others have said: Ole Miss (or USM) will never rise above MSU in baseball, and I do not give a damn who plays for them. Not going to happen.

TNDawg35
06-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Forget Ole Piss, we need to be looking at LSU. They have hardly lost anyone In the draft. They have some big pieces coming back that were young also.