PDA

View Full Version : L'Ville Cardinals baseball...

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 12:17 PM
started in 1909. The college world series started in 1947. Louisville had never been to the CWS before McDonnell arrived in 2007. He's taken them there 4 times. They'd only been in the NCAA tournament once before he arrived. He's taken them eleven times. They'd never been to a Super Regional before he arrived. He's taken them to the supers seven times. They won their regular season conference title twice before he arrived. He's won it eight times. All of this since only 2007. I can see why Cohen would want McDonnell over Schloss.

Matty Dispatch
06-05-2018, 12:56 PM
McDonnell is a lot like Tim Corbin.....Vandy had only been to 3 Regionals prior to him getting there. Now they've been to 17, three CWS, two championship series and one national title. But McDonnell is 9-10 years younger and has coached 4 less seasons than Corbin.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-05-2018, 01:09 PM
McDonnell has been my #1 from the beginning. Louisville is basically in Indiana, TCU is in Texas. I also still contend that Louisville was in a worse position before he came than when Schloss came to TCU. Louisville just started charging admission to their games this season and there was a debate on one of their message boards over whether that decision pissed McDonnell off and is making him consider our job. Despite all their success over the past 15 years, THAT is where they currently are as a program.

Matty Dispatch
06-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Louisville just started charging admission to their games this season...... THAT is where they currently are as a program.

Wow. I know Louisville is a pretty wealthy program as a whole but they are definitely losing big money in baseball if that's the case. Makes you wonder how much of an offer they can match.

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 01:49 PM
McDonnell has been my #1 from the beginning. Louisville is basically in Indiana, TCU is in Texas. I also still contend that Louisville was in a worse position before he came than when Schloss came to TCU. Louisville just started charging admission to their games this season and there was a debate on one of their message boards over whether that decision pissed McDonnell off and is making him consider our job. Despite all their success over the past 15 years, THAT is where they currently are as a program.

Why would them finally charging admission piss him off?

thf24
06-05-2018, 02:12 PM

Only thing I can think of is that he thinks the fan support still isn't there enough to start charging admission now without a large drop off in attendance.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-05-2018, 03:03 PM
At a program like Louisville, charging definately lowers attendance

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-05-2018, 03:09 PM

No idea. My main point was we are (or were) debating whether or not the multimillion dollar lofts would be built and how much of a disappointment it would be if we didn't get them built. They're debating about whether or not actually charging money to see the game made the coach unhappy enough to leave.

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2018, 03:16 PM
In 2016 they drew 74k during the regular season and finally broke 100k on the year with a super regional. So cute.

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 03:45 PM
No idea. My main point was we are (or were) debating whether or not the multimillion dollar lofts would be built and how much of a disappointment it would be if we didn't get them built. They're debating about whether or not actually charging money to see the game made the coach unhappy enough to leave.

My my how different basketball and baseball are at L'Ville. Their basketball program is #1 in the country in revenue. Pitino was making north of $10 mill a year.