confucius say
06-05-2018, 11:26 AM
Thoughts?

Bulldog1
06-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Small game 1; France game 2

MetEdDawg
06-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Keep it the same I think. No changes. We've already shown losing game 1 doesn't matter so if Pilk struggles we should be ok. Plus Small is the guy I want pitching with everything on the line whether it's to advance or survive.

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Tough call on what to do with France cause we need him out of the bullpen and to start a game possibly.

I'm going Pilk game 1, Small game 2 and can't decide on France yet.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Tough call on what to do with France cause we need him out of the bullpen and to start a game possibly.

I'm going Pilk game 1, Small game 2 and can't decide on France yet.

We'll start pilk Friday and small Saturday. If you need France to lock down a win either day, you do it. Only use him in tied game or ahead though

confucius say
06-05-2018, 11:49 AM
I think everything has to revolve around Small and Self. Self has not given up a run in a month or more

BuckyIsAB****
06-05-2018, 11:55 AM
Pilk (on a short leash) Small, France if we wanna win the damn thing.

If we wanna do the same ol same ol and put ourselves in a bind we will start Billingsley or somebody game 3

Captain Falcon
06-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Keep it the same. Have France available for long relief if needed.

Pilk and Small both had good outings against Vandy the first time we played. Just couldn’t get timely hits and our bullpen was way worse than it is now.

The key is going to be to continue to stay hot at the plate. We scored four runs in three games against them in March. Our pitching wasn’t terrible other than a bullpen meltdown in the second game. Hit the ball well and pitch decently and we can win this thing.

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 12:00 PM
I'm kinda tempted to start a wildcard game 1. Someone Vandy is not expecting at all and see if we can get the RAT to rise up. Maybe we jump their starter early and have a big lead and with our RAT going 6 plus it sets us up very pretty for the rest of the weekend.

louisvilledawg
06-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Small, Pilk, Jonny Wholestaff

MaroonFlounder
06-05-2018, 05:34 PM
Henderson will start Pilkington, and we will have to climb out of a 3 or 4-run hole by the 3rd inning.

Pilk just doesn’t have it.

The Federalist Engineer
06-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Small game 1; France game 2

YES, I think Pilk from the pen could be a very dynamic strategic switch of roles with France.

maroonmania
06-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Pilk (on a short leash) Small, France if we wanna win the damn thing.

If we wanna do the same ol same ol and put ourselves in a bind we will start Billingsley or somebody game 3

Geez, at this point, I would much rather see Billingsley out on the mound than Pilk. I would go Small on Friday for sure, Saturday I would go France if he's recovered or Billingsley if not, Sunday go Billingsley or France. Move Pilk to the bullpen where he can pitch in small stints. Right now France and Billingsley are more likely to be able to give you a productive start for much longer than Pilk. Our only truly dependable starter at the moment is Small. Samford helped us out tremendously last weekend by beating FSU and allowing us to only have to face FSU once with our best starter on the mound. If we had ended up facing FSU later with a different pitcher I doubt very much we would have beaten them. Small and Self kept us in the game long enough to allow Mac's homer to win it.

CadaverDawg
06-05-2018, 09:42 PM
As much as we don't want Pilk on the mound game 1, we all know he will be. Henderson isn't the type to break a routine like that at this point in the season....we just gotta hope that the old KP shows up. If he gets us a W, we're sitting pretty with Small on Saturday. KP is capable, we just haven't seen it in a while. Just keep him on a short leash, and I think Henderson will.

Small - game 2
France, Smith, Neff, Self - game 3

JB is a competitor, but you just can't run him out there with Omaha on the line. Just cant

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 11:08 PM
All night games vs Vandy. This might help us. We were sweating buckets on the mound in Tallahassee (granted Nashville ain't that humid). If Gordon pitches someone please get him some clima cool under armour. Dude sweats more than a sumo wrestler in a sauna. He had to go to the rosin bag after every pitch it was so bad. Had to be hella uncomfortable.