PDA

View Full Version : We're a different school now and forever.

SaintDawg
06-05-2018, 11:22 AM
For those of you who still are in the mindset that we are still ?poor ol? Mittittippi Tate? ? you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Coach Emory Bellard used to say? ?for some folks, it just takes longer.?

My point is this: if you think small, you are small. Folks? we ain?t small. We?re anything but small. Take a moment and reflect on some of what the school has accomplished in only 5 years.

Perennial bowl game appearances, huge stadium expansion and remodel for two major sports, played for 3 national titles, won SEC Championships, 3 consecutive Super Regionals, ranked #1 in the nation, have one of the highest athlete graduation rates in the nation, produced a Triple Crown winner, multiple 1st round draft picks in all professional sports, the highest paid defensive tackle in the NFL and the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.

All in 5 years. If that?s small, you can kiss my ass.

We were behind the scenes for so long that now when we have success, we constantly look for someone to take it away from us. It?s like we don?t deserve it. We DO deserve it. WE deserve it more than most. When we accomplish something great, many are quick to downplay our success and attribute it to the fact our opponent was hindered in some way or everyone around us was in a down year. These people are lazy and dismissive of us. They are also afraid of us.

I was inspired to write this from what I have seen our baseball team accomplish over the past months. It changed my perception of this group. I have never seen so much grit and heart in a team of young men. They will themselves to win. I?m jealous of them. I want to be a part of them. My part that I can do, is cheer for them win they win and support them in loss. This goes from the head coach all the way down. I?ve been a critic of Gary Henderson. I?ve become furious with his decisions, with the players for their actions and performance and been quite vocal about it on social media. We all have to some degree or other. They hear it. They know it, and they put it on their shoulders as if it?s an afterthought. This is what makes them exceptional.

It?s a new day for Mississippi State. Things we?ve only dreamed about are becoming reality, and this is only the beginning. For the athletes, the students, the alumni, and the fans? failure is no longer an option. We fight harder, we fight longer. The things that these kids do defy belief. When they?re told they can?t, they say they can and they will and they do. With our head coaches from Moorhead to Schaefer and Howland and others; with AD John Cohen and President Mark Keenum, fantastic things are coming! The time is now! It?s our time to be great and it?s our turn for greatness! It?s time to turn the page! The time for small is over!

Remember Coach Bellard? ?For some folks, it just takes longer.?

It?s a great day to be a Bulldog.

BEAT VANDERBILT AND TAKE IT TO OMAHA!

Hail State

TaleofTwoDogs
06-05-2018, 11:52 AM
OK. A little over the top but point taken. Prior to the ninja, the mind set of LT was simply maintain what we had - a balanced budget, moderate success in baseball and basketball and the occasional bowl game. Leadership today coupled with ESPN network money have made all things possible. It just takes longer.

BuckyIsAB****
06-05-2018, 11:57 AM
say it one more time for the people in the back. rep given.

Too many in our fanbase that are too worried about what we dont have and cant do, instead of focusing on what we can do

SaintDawg
06-05-2018, 11:57 AM
OK. A little over the top but point taken. Prior to the ninja, the mind set of LT was simply maintain what we had - a balanced budget, moderate success in baseball and basketball and the occasional bowl game. Leadership today coupled with ESPN network money have made all things possible. It just takes longer.

Too much, huh? As far I'm concerned it wasn't nearly enough.

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2018, 12:04 PM

Please fix your Iphone.... The ? marks are so annoying.

But I agree with you whole heartily. It's a new day for MSU. Now we just need one of our damn teams to win a damn NC already.

DogsofAnarchy
06-05-2018, 12:15 PM

1. The post was not over the top at all.

2. LT wasn?t maintaining anything. He was happy with what he and his cronies were getting out of their deal.

3. MSU changed when we got a President who is MSU first.

Lastly, this post was correct. 95% of MSU fans need to get over the poor ole whopped down MSU syndrome.
Those days are gone!!

msbulldog
06-05-2018, 12:40 PM
Hail State! Rep given!

SaintDawg
06-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Please fix your Iphone.... The ? marks are so annoying.

But I agree with you whole heartily. It's a new day for MSU. Now we just need one of our damn teams to win a damn NC already.
sorry, havent posted in awhile. didnt know. plus im on Android not an iphone. how does one fix this?

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2018, 01:53 PM
sorry, havent posted in awhile. didnt know. plus im on Android not an iphone. how does one fix this?

Odd. Did you write that up somewhere else and paste it here? Something is screwing with the format.

SaintDawg
06-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Odd. Did you write that up somewhere else and paste it here? Something is screwing with the format.

I did. copy and paste from Word

NCDawg
06-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Too much, huh? As far I'm concerned it wasn't nearly enough.

I think what he meant by "a little over the top" was when you said, "if you think that's small, you can kiss my ass".. That comment was unnecessary. You made your point.

PassInterference
06-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Great post, SaintDog. Would read again.

SaintDawg
06-05-2018, 03:50 PM
I think what he meant by "a little over the top" was when you said, "if you think that's small, you can kiss my ass".. That comment was unnecessary. You made your point.

I sure did, didn't I? Thanks for reading!