PDA

View Full Version : MSU sports ruining (otherwise) good employees?

OneArmSteve
06-05-2018, 10:39 AM
I may or may not have been watching the regional game yesterday at work via WatchESPN. That got me to wondering....with the availability of social media, message boards, streaming services, etc. these days, how much production/output is lost due to MSU sports (or any team really)?

One could see how an employee could hypothetically be worthless - say if their team was playing to win a regional and advancing to a super, also looking for a new coach at the same time.

Also, is an employee less likely to get in trouble if caught watching games on the computer if the boss is fan of the school which is being watched?

Matty Dispatch
06-05-2018, 10:49 AM
The least productive individual is the boss / business owner that doesn't have to answer to anyone. It is very hard to be a big fan who has no consequences for sitting on the couch all Monday afternoon watching the game to actually get any work done said afternoon.

Dawgology
06-05-2018, 11:24 AM
I'm the boss...and I turned the game on in our conference room for everyone to watch... actually easier to do that as people feel they can walk in and watch a couple at bats occasionally.

OneArmSteve
06-05-2018, 11:39 AM
I'm the boss...and I turned the game on in our conference room for everyone to watch... actually easier to do that as people feel they can walk in and watch a couple at bats occasionally.

You hiring?

Dawgology
06-05-2018, 01:01 PM
You hiring?

I wish! We could use a couple more people here!

TNDawg35
06-05-2018, 01:28 PM
When we missed the field goal and lost to South Bama, I got wrote up for throwing a Klondike bar against the window of my office... I was eating it at my desk and watching the game on the computer.

OneArmSteve
06-05-2018, 01:46 PM
When we missed the field goal and lost to South Bama, I got wrote up for throwing a Klondike bar against the window of my office... I was eating it at my desk and watching the game on the computer.

This is hilarious if true!

Dawgbite
06-05-2018, 01:50 PM
I'm pretty worthless on days when the Bulldogs aren't playing so you can imagine what I was like yesterday. The key to success is working well through others!