PDA

View Full Version : 4 Baseball signees taken so far in the first 2 rounds, includes Cole Winn

Tbonewannabe
06-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Any chance on getting either Ginn or Jackson to campus? Ginn slot value is $2.3 M and Jackson's is $1.2 M. Stewart and Winn are gone.

06-05-2018, 10:18 AM
All 4 are gone, always were

fishwater99
06-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Can't turn down the money unless you have Booster like Ole Miss paying big $$$.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 10:58 AM
All 4 are gone, always were

Yep. Why most here care to indulge in false hope is beyond me

msstate7
06-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Who all can we expect to be drafted today, recruits and current players?

06-05-2018, 11:01 AM

Don't you know, it's because they know the GINNS!!!!!111

I don't know why anyone cares about 'insider' information, there's no such thing. I think the only fact here are that decisions get made daily. Cohen hasn't made his decision, thus no one knows who the coach is, same with the Ginns, it was always about where they got drafted, duh

Bully13
06-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Don't you know, it's because they know the GINNS!!!!!111

I don't know why anyone cares about 'insider' information, there's no such thing. I think the only fact here are that decisions get made daily. Cohen hasn't made his decision, thus no one knows who the coach is, same with the Ginns, it was always about where they got drafted, duh

Yet when we have a member of ED who is personally connected to a croots family, that person should not be discouraged into posting what they know.

Bully13
06-05-2018, 11:22 AM
I'm trying to figure out why all these high school players drafted in the 1st round also have their school choice if they decide to go to school instead but our 2 don't have a MSU mention.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2018-mlb-first-year-player-draft-first-round-complete-results-tracker/

fishwater99
06-05-2018, 11:25 AM
I'm trying to figure out why all these high school players drafted in the 1st round also have their school choice if they decide to go to school instead but our 2 don't have a MSU mention.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2018-mlb-first-year-player-draft-first-round-complete-results-tracker/

It's another conspiracy against MSU...

PMDawg
06-05-2018, 11:33 AM

Beat your drum if it makes you happy. To the uninvolved onlooker, it just comes off like you are jealous that someone knows a recruit's Dad. Don't know, don't care - just letting you know.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Beat your drum if it makes you happy. To the uninvolved onlooker, it just comes off like you are jealous that someone knows a recruit's Dad. Don't know, don't care - just letting you know.

I didn't even mention Ginn. I don't have to know a family to know you don't turn down a couple million to pay your way to play in college. I was right on this, and was from the beginning

BuckyIsAB****
06-05-2018, 11:50 AM
I didn't even mention Ginn. I don't have to know a family to know you don't turn down a couple million to pay your way to play in college. I was right on this, and was from the beginning

He very well may sign with the Dodgers but it is not as cut and dry as you think.

If I were him I'd be gone cant blame him at all

Tbonewannabe
06-05-2018, 11:51 AM
First round is tough to pass up. There is about 2 million difference in going at the end of the first round to just the middle. That is a big jump if someone has the balls to roll the dice. In Ginn's favor, he could get drafted twice with leverage.

Commercecomet24
06-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Always thought this board was about sharing information. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't. Personally I enjoy the info that's on here whether it works out or not. I certainly don't cast dispersions when it doesn't. My info was accurate on cann being hired and Cohen taking AD job, along with some others. I'm not connected like many on here but I know a lot about the baseball community in Mississippi and the southeast. I been wrong about stuff too. I've shared what I could about JTs recruitment and where it stood along the way. I told Mike last night I was happy for them with whatever decision they make. I'm out.

Bully13
06-05-2018, 12:06 PM
Always thought this board was about sharing information. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't. Personally I enjoy the info that's on here whether it works out or not. I certainly don't cast dispersions when it doesn't. My info was accurate on cann being hired and Cohen taking AD job, along with some others. I'm not connected like many on here but I know a lot about the baseball community in Mississippi and the southeast. I been wrong about stuff too. I've shared what I could about JTs recruitment and where it stood along the way. I told Mike last night I was happy for them with whatever decision they make. I'm out.

you are not "OUT" until we give you permission Commerce. Continue and carry on. that's an order. ignore others.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 12:07 PM

Jeez... no one said don't post inside info. We all appreciated your posts. I'm just cyclical on the matter, and figured the Ginns would take the money like 99.9% do.

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2018, 12:09 PM

That's not their school choice... that's what state they are from.
Not everything in this world is anti-msu... geez

Bully13
06-05-2018, 12:15 PM
That's not their school choice... that's what state they are from.
Not everything in this world is anti-msu... geez

nope. read again.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-05-2018, 12:19 PM

That's what I tried to say earlier. Everyone got their hopes up just because someone on this board was being told what he wanted to hear from Ginn's dad.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 12:22 PM

The guy calling you out is the worst baseball poster on the Internet and completely clueless about the draft and how it works.

It's not like you didn't also point out that there was a possibility that he would go pro the entire time but douchebag Goat won't mention that. And is probably well on his way to being banned again.

People don't understand that sometimes teams or a scout will fall in love with a player and just throw money at them because they can.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Jeez... no one said don't post inside info. We all appreciated your posts. I'm just cyclical on the matter, and figured the Ginns would take the money like 99.9% do.

You have no clue about the percentage that don't because MLB doesn't draft like they used to. Ethan Small and Kale Breaux say hi.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 12:25 PM
Meanwhile kumar rocker is going to vandy. Wow

msstate7
06-05-2018, 12:26 PM
You have no clue about the percentage that don't because MLB doesn't draft like they used to. Ethan Small and Kale Breaux say hi.

You saying those 2 had 2+ million on the table?

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 12:27 PM
You saying those 2 had 2+ million on the table?

I can't remember the exact numbers but it was over a million on Small.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Meanwhile kumar rocker is going to vandy. Wow

That's precisely why you take the chance on these types of players.

msbulldog

CC, I appreciate the information you have shared and hope when possible you would continue to share. Screw the dikheads on here that don't appreciate your doing what you didn't have to do. Hail State!

msstate7
I can't remember the exact numbers but it was over a million on Small.

That's a lot of money. Let's see if he made the correct decision.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 12:30 PM
That's a lot of money. Let's see if he made the correct decision.

Based on the year a Small had this year plus the fact that if he comes back he will have a degree and a decent chance at being a 1-3 round pick I think he did very well probably.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 12:31 PM
That's precisely why you take the chance on these types of players.

Vandy and Florida pull this crap off. I'm sure I've missed one or 2 here, but I can't remember landing a recruit this big. By the way, kumar made it known he was going to vandy so it does happen (pertaining to yesterday's thread on the draft)

msstate7
06-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Based on the year a Small had this year plus the fact that if he comes back he will have a degree and a decent chance at being a 1-3 round pick I think he did very well probably.

I hope he does come back. Interestingly enough, both of those pitchers you mentioned had arm trouble in college. I think there is much more risk in coming to school as a highly rated pitcher than a position player

OneArmSteve
06-05-2018, 12:33 PM

I know my measly 9 post count opinion doesn't mean much, but keep doing what you're doing my man. I've mostly lurked here for years, and I keep doing so because of the information shared. You never said 100% that Ginn would come here....just that there was a good chance due to the kid's desire the be a dawg. I, for one, appreciate any and all information that is shared. It is up to the individual reading to weed through the bs.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 12:35 PM
I hope he does come back. Interestingly enough, both of those pitchers you mentioned had arm trouble in college. I think there is much more risk in coming to school as a highly rated pitcher than a position player

Less so with the way Tommy John surgery has progressed.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Vandy and Florida pull this crap off. I'm sure I've missed one or 2 here, but I can't remember landing a recruit this big. By the way, kumar made it known he was going to vandy so it does happen (pertaining to yesterday's thread on the draft)

That's why we need a coach with scouting connections. That is the best way to pull it off. That and be a program like MSU or LSU that is attractive to players locally which does help some too. We may not get Ginn but I guarantee you that we are going to make them go way over slot to get him.

preachermatt83
06-05-2018, 01:26 PM
Who are we watching for now other than small and Mangum???

06-05-2018, 01:31 PM
Lighten up buddy

06-05-2018, 01:33 PM

Yep, I mean it ain't that hard

preachermatt83
06-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Who are we watching for now other than small and Mangum???

Somebody help a brother out

jacksondawg
06-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Keaton Winn drafted 5th round to San Francisco guessing he’s gone too.

Tbonewannabe
06-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Keaton Winn drafted 5th round to San Francisco guessing he’s gone too.

The rounds after the 2nd are more hit or miss. A team could pay over slot if they save money somewhere else. His slot is showing $394,000 so if you say getting half of that after taxes and it doesn't even include agents cuts and whatever else. I don't think I would trade going to college for $200,000 but you don't know the family situation. It is a risk but with a Juco he has one year then draft again.

preachermatt83
06-05-2018, 02:28 PM
We are in round 6 and still no small or Jake.

Tbonewannabe
06-05-2018, 02:40 PM
https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker/round-6

The MLB draft tracker also shows the slot value for anyone interested.