Statefan
06-05-2018, 07:09 AM
Per Kendall Rogers on Twitter

Bdawg
06-05-2018, 07:10 AM
Yep. Just heard on out of bounds.

Bdawg
06-05-2018, 07:12 AM
Would like to hear what criteria they used to pick this way.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 07:15 AM
Would like to hear what criteria they used to pick this way.

Vanderbilt better program. Nashville better city. Oh well, we owe them for that whipping they gave us at home

MarketingBully
06-05-2018, 07:19 AM
Vanderbilt better program. Nashville better city. Oh well, we owe them for that whipping they gave us at home

No. They weren’t going to send Vandy to Starkville for the second time this season. If Vandy had hosted us earlier this year, the Super would be in Starkville.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 07:24 AM
No. They weren’t going to send Vandy to Starkville for the second time this season. If Vandy had hosted us earlier this year, the Super would be in Starkville.

That what they saying? They full of it then. This series would've been in Nashville regardless of where first series was imo.

I expected it though, so I'm cool with it. We'll just have to beat em there

Quaoarsking
06-05-2018, 07:24 AM

That's an easily disprovable statement

BrunswickDawg
06-05-2018, 07:25 AM
https://i.redd.it/jpgrqs2z5lcx.gif

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-05-2018, 07:26 AM
I think that's BS. 1) we want to bring 10k+ fans, iirc that's 3x Vandys stadium. 2) there's a ton of music stuff going in in Nashville and hotels are all full. 3) both teams have the exact same resume

I think it should have been played at a neutral site with a big attendance capacity. It isn't fair to look at 2 equal teams and say "hey team with the massive fanbase, only like 1/5 of you can attend the super"

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 07:28 AM

Ok. I agree with you BUT

This is just a terrible criteria by which to decide this.

MSU just got punished for playing an intra-conference team in an NCAA Super Regional. That should not matter and the NCAA should have an objective process for deciding this because I can assure you, if it were an out of conference matchup, the criteria would've been different.

Can anyone imagine a

MarketingBully
06-05-2018, 07:28 AM
That's an easily disprovable statement

Okay disprove it.

biggun
06-05-2018, 07:31 AM

I don’t think them playing in Starkville back in March had anything to do with it. However, Not dropping a single game @ Clemson while bashing the Tigers twice plus a recent natty or two plus winning big under Corbin for quite some time has elevated their program above ours. Added bonus is Nashville is a kick ass city. Starkville is not (not being negative, just honest)

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 07:32 AM
Boy Hopefully Cohen isn't starting a string of failures.

First South Carolina, with a lesser resume was chosen for the Outback Bowl over us, now this, and coaching search is starting to take a little longer that anyone thought.

Perhaps Mr Cohen's stick is a little short. Other than hiring Moorhead, what has he done?

Demand better or you get LT for 20 years.

The problem with MSU athletics under Lonnie Tinkle wasn't Lonnie Tinkle, it was the collective MSU fan base that lacked a pair to demand better.

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 07:33 AM
I don’t think them playing in Starkville back in March had anything to do with it. However, Not dropping a single game @ Clemson while bashing the Tigers twice plus a recent natty or two plus winning big under Corbin for quite some time has elevated their program above ours. Added bonus is Nashville is a kick ass city. Starkville is not (not being negative, just honest)

So, Vandy's recent Nattys and more recent success should be a reason why we go to Nashville?

So past years matter now?

msstate7
06-05-2018, 07:35 AM
Vandy home sec record: 10-5
Vandy home vs sec regional teams: 7-5

State road sec record: 6-9
State road vs sec regional teams: 2-4

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 07:37 AM
Vandy home sec record: 10-5
Vandy home vs sec regional teams: 7-5

State road sec record: 6-9
State road vs sec regional teams: 2-4

What does this have to do with this conversation?

MarketingBully
06-05-2018, 07:37 AM
That stadium sucks ass. I know that.

LC Dawg
06-05-2018, 07:39 AM
I wonder how many Starkville hotel rooms are being cancelled right now? As much as this sucks for the team and fans it also sucks for Starkville. Events like this help Starkville grow.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-05-2018, 07:41 AM

First South Carolina, with a lesser resume was chosen for the Outback Bowl over us, now this, and coaching search is starting to take a little longer that anyone thought.

Perhaps Mr Cohen's stick is a little short. Other than hiring Moorhead, what has he done?

The problem with MSU athletics under Lonnie Tinkle wasn't Lonnie Tinkle, it was the collective MSU fan base that lacked a pair to demand better.

Dumbest take of the year year right here. Cohen doesn't have balls because he didn't scare the outback bowl committee or NCAA host commitee into picking us? This isn't the mafia, you can't bully these organizations as a an AD

msstate7
What does this have to do with this conversation?

I don't know... maybe that this relevant to the actual games this weekend. Sorry, I interrupted your pity party

MarketingBully
All I know is the only official items they look at they didn’t use here (bid, attendance, and logistics). They don’t use RPI, head to head, or anything you guys have stated here on why you thought Vandy should host. But the fact Vandy already played us in Starkville was a factor.

Ari Gold
06-05-2018, 07:42 AM

Stupid post.

yjnkdawg
06-05-2018, 07:47 AM
Ok. I agree with you BUT

This is just a terrible criteria by which to decide this.

MSU just got punished for playing an intra-conference team in an NCAA Super Regional. That should not matter and the NCAA should have an objective process for deciding this because I can assure you, if it were an out of conference matchup, the criteria would've been different.

Can anyone imagine a

The NCAA used to have a rule where two teams from the same conference would not match up against each other in the regional tournaments. I guess that was changed, for the benefit of the SEC**. Seems like the brackets this year are designed to limit the number of SEC teams that could possibly make it to Omaha?

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 07:47 AM
Dumbest take of the year year right here. Cohen doesn't have balls because he didn't scare the outback bowl committee or NCAA host commitee into picking us? This isn't the mafia, you can't bully these organizations as a an AD

Disagree. It's takes like yours that allow Lonnie Tinkle to run an SEC AD for 20 years.

Demand more and stop trusting every Tom, Dick, and Harry

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 07:48 AM
Stupid post.

Disagree Ari. You have no clue how much he fault for our fan base in either situation.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-05-2018, 07:50 AM
USSSA Starkville World Series = no rooms.

yjnkdawg
06-05-2018, 07:52 AM

So why is Cohen possibly starting a string of failures? You have actually had a few good posts lately, but this definitely is not one of them.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 07:53 AM
If we were LSU it wouldn't have mattered that Vanderbilt played us in Baton Rouge. I'm just putting that out there.

yjnkdawg
06-05-2018, 07:54 AM
Disagree Ari. You have no clue how much he fault for our fan base in either situation.

This does not even make any sense.

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 07:55 AM
So why is Cohen possibly starting a string of failures? You have actually had a few good posts lately, but this definitely is not one of them.

South Carolina being picked over MSU for Outback Bowl
Not hosting Super Regional when there is no set criteria
Coaching search taking longer than anyone expected.

None of these are catastrophic. Just something to keep an eye on. Does Cohen have stroke at the negotiating table?

All you guys trust him, but why?

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 07:56 AM
This does not even make any sense.

Sorry "fought"

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 07:56 AM
If we were LSU it wouldn't have mattered that Vanderbilt played us in Baton Rouge. I'm just putting that out there.

Completely agree.

Liverpooldawg
06-05-2018, 07:57 AM

So if we hold our breath till we turn blue we will get what we want then? That's a two year old's way of doing things. I have been trying to point out for two days that our stadium construction has been ramped up. A lot of it is on the upper deck. We even put out some fluff price about the next time we played there it would be complete or something to that effect.

MarketingBully
06-05-2018, 07:57 AM
What the hell does student-athlete experience mean? Construction on our stadium played a factor in having it in Nashville. What a joke. But it didn’t have to do with RPI, head to head, or conference record...

https://twitter.com/kendallrogers/status/1003983164270960642?s=21

bluelightstar
06-05-2018, 08:00 AM

None of these are catastrophic. Just something to keep an eye on. Does Cohen have stroke at the negotiating table?

South Carolina finished 2nd in the East; we finished 4th in the West. Our starting QB was hurt; the Outback tends to select East teams; and we had no head coach. No AD is going to be able to "force" the conference's 3rd-best bowl to take (by record) the sixth-best team in that scenario.

He took less than 48 hours to make an ideal hire in football, BUT it's far more important to get this coaching search right than to get it done quickly. The quest for Alabama to hire Nick Saban took quite a while too.

CarolinaDawgs
06-05-2018, 08:02 AM

THE SEASON IS STILL GOING. The coaching search should and will be concluded swiftly after the season ends. Have just a litttttle bit of common sense. My god, it's like a super power nowadays.

Saltydog
06-05-2018, 08:02 AM
hosting from the get go. Not sure of the criteria but way too many things were in their favor. Don't say RPI either because this a.m. Warren Nolan has us at 19 (SOS 7) and them 21 (SOS 3) so it's pretty damn close.

MarketingBully
06-05-2018, 08:04 AM
hosting from the get go. Not sure of the criteria but way too many things were in their favor. Don't say RPI either because this a.m. Warren Nolan has us at 19 (SOS 7) and them 21 (SOS 3) so it's pretty damn close.

It was because our stadium was still under construction. None of the other things mattered.

TrapGame
06-05-2018, 08:14 AM
Some of y'all need a gynecologist appointment for inflamed cooters!

Let's go to Nashville and win this m'fer!

yjnkdawg
06-05-2018, 08:15 AM
What the hell does student-athlete experience mean? Construction on our stadium played a factor in having it in Nashville. What a joke. But it didn?t have to do with RPI, head to head, or conference record...

If there are no safety issues with hosting a Super Regional at the Dude , then that should be a non-factor, and there aren't any to my knowledge. I would also like to hear an explanation on the student-athlete experience reason. That should be very enlightening***.

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 08:16 AM
Lack of locker rooms may have played a part

Quaoarsking
06-05-2018, 08:20 AM
Okay disprove it.

You want me to look at all 300+ Super Regionals that have ever happened and count up how many involved the road team travelling to the home team for the second time that season?

CarolinaDawgs
06-05-2018, 08:21 AM
So if we hold our breath till we turn blue we will get what we want then? That's a two year old's way of doing things. I have been trying to point out for two days that our stadium construction has been ramped up. A lot of it is on the upper deck. We even put out some fluff price about the next time we played there it would be complete or something to that effect.

This is the correct answer. They are busting their ass to finish. Unfortunately, there are some consequences to trying to Build the Taj Mahal of college baseball during a season.

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 08:23 AM
THE SEASON IS STILL GOING. The coaching search should and will be concluded swiftly after the season ends. Have just a litttttle bit of common sense. My god, it's like a super power nowadays.

I would agree with you if Cohen did specifically say on numerous occasions that the new coach would be named after HIS season ended. He never mentioned waiting for ours to end.

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 08:24 AM
South Carolina finished 2nd in the East; we finished 4th in the West. Our starting QB was hurt; the Outback tends to select East teams; and we had no head coach. No AD is going to be able to "force" the conference's 3rd-best bowl to take (by record) the sixth-best team in that scenario.

He took less than 48 hours to make an ideal hire in football, BUT it's far more important to get this coaching search right than to get it done quickly. The quest for Alabama to hire Nick Saban took quite a while too.

So, for you, him hiring an offensive coordinator at another school has made him bullet proof?

Boy, I'd like to work for you.

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Some of y'all need a gynecologist appointment for inflamed cooters!

Let's go to Nashville and win this m'fer!

Not really.

Just people demanding better. For far to long the MSU fan base did demand better & IMO that's the main story of why our football program was what it was for so long.

CarolinaDawgs
06-05-2018, 08:30 AM
I would agree with you if Cohen did specifically say on numerous occasions that the new coach would be named after HIS season ended. He never mentioned waiting for ours to end.

Ever think that maybe at the time he said that he assumed that the coaches in the hunt would have a season longer than ours? Another common sense approach to this. That was difficult.

sandwolf
06-05-2018, 08:31 AM
You want me to look at all 300+ Super Regionals that have ever happened and count up how many involved the road team travelling to the home team for the second time that season?

Haha, yea the NCAA definitely didn't care that Vandy had already played in Starkville.....that had nothing to do with it.

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2018, 08:31 AM

Geez. Calm down. The coaching search is only taking longer than YOU thought it seems. We all wanted Schloss and that didn't happen by his choice or ours. We might never know. Anyways John has always said we would name a head coach within 48 hours of their season ending. So if that's McDonnell that's today. Could that be getting hung up us still playing? Possibly but hopeful not. It's like naming Joe Moorhead head football coach while the bowl season was Going on. So if we don't name a new head coach today or tomorrow you should turn your eyes towards a team still playing...

You are so damn paranoid sometimes... John isn't LT. That's just stupid.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 08:32 AM
No issues with Cohen so far. Now if we don't get a guy with "multiple CWS", I'm gonna be pissed for selling our fan base a dream. He didn't have to make that comment, but he did, so he better deliver

Liverpooldawg
06-05-2018, 08:33 AM
Not really.

Just people demanding better. For far to long the MSU fan base did demand better & IMO that's the main story of why our football program was what it was for so long.

Actually DEMANDING better played a big part in why we were so bad for so long. We had a lot of people DEMANDING.

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Disagree. It's takes like yours that allow Lonnie Tinkle to run an SEC AD for 20 years.

Demand more and stop trusting every Tom, Dick, and Harry

You demanding "more" on a message board ain't gonna do sh?t sorry to tell you. You want to make "a difference" shell out some money.

TrapGame
06-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Not really.

No, really.

You're acting like you have a Stormy Daniels' level yeast infection. We made a super with a team that was on life support early in the season. Cohen is doing fine. He ain't LT.

MarketingBully
06-05-2018, 08:37 AM

Did you see my further comments in this thread? They went with Vandy mainly because DNF is still under construction. See Kendall’s tweet. It didn’t have anything to do with RPI, head to head, or conference record like some have claimed.

https://twitter.com/kendallrogers/status/1003983164270960642 (https://twitter.com/kendallrogers/status/1003983164270960642?s=21)

Please embed the tweet... --Scooba

MetEdDawg
06-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Some in our fan base just need to stop. None of this is surprising. Here's what needs to happen:

1) Stadium needs to get finished

2) City of Starkville needs to do a better job of not sucking so bad.

As far as the coaching search, I'm sure everyone was pissed when we didn't get Pruitt and it seemed like we missed. Then we got Moorhead. If coaching searches were fan driven every school would suck because nothing would be done fast enough and no one would agree on anything. Get it done right, not fast.

It's amazing how much some of us bitch and complain yet we still have the lowest athletic budget. Until we are making ourselves a bigger monetary player (which is hard to do when you don't have a completed stadium and a massive event in town) you just have to take a few lumps every now and again. This stadium is going to be why we host and are dominant for years to come. So what if we sacrifice 2-3 home games this year? Get over the butt hurt and let Cohen do his damn job. Doesn't need a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks telling him he stinks at his job because he doesn't.

deadheaddawg
06-05-2018, 08:52 AM

Holy smokes what a dump post

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2018, 09:15 AM
Did you see my further comments in this thread? They went with Vandy mainly because DNF is still under construction. See Kendall’s tweet. It didn’t have anything to do with RPI, head to head, or conference record like some have claimed.

Then construction was the problem. So be it... we overachieved this year and much like we had to go on the road to start the year.. we have to go on the road to finish the year. So we can have the best damn stadium in college baseball next year. It sucks but I'll accept it

dawgs
06-05-2018, 09:27 AM
Some in our fan base just need to stop. None of this is surprising. Here's what needs to happen:

1) Stadium needs to get finished

2) City of Starkville needs to do a better job of not sucking so bad.

As far as the coaching search, I'm sure everyone was pissed when we didn't get Pruitt and it seemed like we missed. Then we got Moorhead. If coaching searches were fan driven every school would suck because nothing would be done fast enough and no one would agree on anything. Get it done right, not fast.

It's amazing how much some of us bitch and complain yet we still have the lowest athletic budget. Until we are making ourselves a bigger monetary player (which is hard to do when you don't have a completed stadium and a massive event in town) you just have to take a few lumps every now and again. This stadium is going to be why we host and are dominant for years to come. So what if we sacrifice 2-3 home games this year? Get over the butt hurt and let Cohen do his damn job. Doesn't need a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks telling him he stinks at his job because he doesn't.

Just for the record, I was ecstatic when we didn't hire Pruitt. Whether that was our decision or his decision, I don't care.

Irondawg
06-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Knowing how the NCAA is into PC stuff: I have to think the "student-athlete experience" part is really a shot at the state flag and not all about Nashville being a better city than S'ville.

I'm going to choose to believe the construction was the main issue, but I think they through the other part in there as a subtle jab.

Tbonewannabe
06-05-2018, 09:33 AM
I wonder how many Starkville hotel rooms are being cancelled right now? As much as this sucks for the team and fans it also sucks for Starkville. Events like this help Starkville grow.

We cancelled a Friday night and Saturday night as soon as we heard this morning after we got tickets in Nashville. We are just staying with my sister in law so luckily we didn't need a hotel room in Nashville.

yjnkdawg
06-05-2018, 09:39 AM

So how do you know that our new coach's season has ended? "Sources"? (lol)........... Anyway, when Cohen made those statements how many people actually thought or projected that we would be playing in the post season? You may need to find a hobby away from message boards, twitter, etc. ,but a few others on here may possibly need to as well. Maybe ya'll can form a club. Maybe "The Sky Is Falling At MSU" club, or something similar.i

yjnkdawg
06-05-2018, 09:51 AM
Just for the record, I was ecstatic when we didn't hire Pruitt. Whether that was our decision or his decision, I don't care.

That definitely wasn't Pruitt's decision. I think his agent would agree on that. It was a John Cohen decision.

IMissJack
06-05-2018, 09:57 AM
USSSA Starkville World Series = no rooms.

Ok I have to question why would this be planned for Starkville the same week as a possible Super Regional host for MSU? Starkville can say what they want but MSU butters their bread, and they need to make sure they understand it.

IMissJack
06-05-2018, 10:00 AM

I agree, but most importantly, the nation wanted to see MSU beat Louisville.**

TUSK
06-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Why not just take 20,000-30,000 fans to Nashville & show them they made a mistake?

Or is that not doable in baseball for some reason?

MadDawg
06-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Why not just take 20,000-30,000 fans to Nashville & show them they made a mistake?

Or is that not doable in baseball for some reason?

And do what, stand outside the stadium?

TUSK
06-05-2018, 02:42 PM
And do what, stand outside the stadium?

yep... I can't speak for baseball, but I've seen >10x that happen before in football...

I'm speaking out of ignorance because I know less than dick about baseball...

basedog
06-05-2018, 02:56 PM
yep... I can't speak for baseball, but I've seen >10x that happen before in football...

Get a PlayStation and join the club*****

TUSK
06-05-2018, 03:05 PM

Nice!

Does Atari 2600 count?

Gutter Cobreh
06-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Nice!

Does Atari 2600 count?

In fact, it does! It is actually a prerequisite on here that allows you to post within game threads and second guess every decision the coach makes. Don't let the fact that you don't know dick about the sport, as long as you've actually played t-ball or an electronic version of the game - you have instant credibility to know what "should have" been done and second guess all decisions!

The problem for you may not be the Atari portion of this equation, and more the electricity issue. Do they even have power lines in AL (if so, you're probably stealing it from your neighbor 4 miles down the dirt road) or do you just run your trailer off a generator?***

Turfdawg67
06-05-2018, 03:40 PM
That what they saying? They full of it then. This series would've been in Nashville regardless of where first series was imo.

I expected it though, so I'm cool with it. We'll just have to beat em there

Yes we get it dude. You think no one likes podunk Starkville. You've stated it 100 times the last few days.

BB30
06-05-2018, 03:49 PM
My guess is 90% of the reason we aren't hosting is because of the construction. Regardless of safety hazards there is still equipment and all kinds of things around the stadium. It wouldn't be ideal for 13K people to be in there.

We will be fine just need to go up there and take care of business. Host it next year when the stadium is complete. There is no conspiracy here against MSU. It just made more sense to play it in Nashville this year.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Yes we get it dude. You think no one likes podunk Starkville. You've stated it 100 times the last few days.

I love Starkville. I think the atmosphere would be 100 times better if we hosted it. I also know I'm in the minority

tcdog70
06-05-2018, 04:01 PM

+1

dawgs
06-05-2018, 05:53 PM
I love Starkville. I think the atmosphere would be 100 times better if we hosted it. I also know I'm in the minority

I don't think anyone can legitimately argue the atmosphere in Starkville wouldn't be infinitely better than vandy, so don't think you're in the minority. They can argue the entertainment outside the ball games is worse in Starkville, but you can say that about pretty much every college town compared to a city like Nashville.

What sucks is we are on fire right now and it'll suck if home field plays a big role this weekend. As little as we've hosted regionals and super regionals in the last 15 years, it sucks to lose one we should be hosting.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 07:09 PM
My guess is 90% of the reason we aren't hosting is because of the construction. Regardless of safety hazards there is still equipment and all kinds of things around the stadium. It wouldn't be ideal for 13K people to be in there.

We will be fine just need to go up there and take care of business. Host it next year when the stadium is complete. There is no conspiracy here against MSU. It just made more sense to play it in Nashville this year.
If construction is the issue and we would host it otherwise either have it in Memphis, TN or Jackson, TN.

Heck if we would have gotten it otherwise have it at Pearl.

We shouldn't be penalized because we are building a stadium.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 07:10 PM
I don't think anyone can legitimately argue the atmosphere in Starkville wouldn't be infinitely better than vandy, so don't think you're in the minority. They can argue the entertainment outside the ball games is worse in Starkville, but you can say that about pretty much every college town compared to a city like Nashville.

What sucks is we are on fire right now and it'll suck if home field plays a big role this weekend. As little as we've hosted regionals and super regionals in the last 15 years, it sucks to lose one we should be hosting.

Of course if you are going to Nashville specifically for a baseball game you're probably not too concerned with the nightlife that much. Other than finding a Wendy's or Waffle House to eat at after the game.

Turfdawg67
06-05-2018, 08:51 PM

Of course you can't. You are an Alabama football fan... where the majority of us are MSU fans... period. No matter what sport. You fans, like most UGA fans, who didn't even know their team was in a Regional, 17'n disgust me.

Turfdawg67
06-05-2018, 08:59 PM

Huh?!? All you've done is degrade Starkville since Schloss w/drew his name. Obviously the atmosphere would be better... but you assumed there were other factors like they'd NEVER pick S'vegas over a hip 17'n town like Nashville.

Bama_Dawg
06-06-2018, 06:08 AM
Ok I have to question why would this be planned for Starkville the same week as a possible Super Regional host for MSU? Starkville can say what they want but MSU butters their bread, and they need to make sure they understand it.

They probably scheduled it back in March. I mean we all saw this team then, they were a dumpster fire.

And to Leeshouldhaveflanked, there were plenty of rooms in Starkville this past weekend to be reserved. I got mine on Sunday before we played Oklahoma. By Monday tho, they were gone.

sandwolf
06-06-2018, 09:21 AM

Yea, I was wondering the same thing. That was really stupid....hopefully they don't make that mistake again.

dawgs
06-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Of course if you are going to Nashville specifically for a baseball game you're probably not too concerned with the nightlife that much. Other than finding a Wendy's or Waffle House to eat at after the game.

Well, in Nashville there are post game food options way better than fast food and Waffle House, but that shouldn't be a determining factor either.