PDA

View Full Version : Skelton

msstate7
06-05-2018, 06:43 AM
Has the light come on? Here's his season slash line: .269/.365/.364. A .729 ops after the way he played most of the season is damn impressive.

Since game 3 of the Florida series, here is Skelton's slash line: .500/.522/.682

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-05-2018, 07:31 AM
He's abysmal behind the plate. Can't catch or frame a pitch. But like you say, he's been hitting really well so I get playing him

msstate7
06-05-2018, 07:39 AM
He's abysmal behind the plate. Can't catch or frame a pitch. But like you say, he's been hitting really well so I get playing him

Both our catchers are awful at the defensive side of catching, except Gilbert can throw runners out.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 07:56 AM
Both our catchers are awful at the defensive side of catching, except Gilbert can throw runners out.

I have to think it's a coaching issue. The last respectable catcher we had defensively was Kruger. And he wasn't all world.

I seen it dawg
06-05-2018, 07:57 AM
He's gotten a lot better. Light has come on

WPDawg
06-05-2018, 08:31 AM
I have to think it's a coaching issue. The last respectable catcher we had defensively was Kruger. And he wasn't all world.

Ha. The "joe morgans" are hard at it this morning. We just won a freakin Regional. Try to be happy about something.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 08:35 AM

Gotta be. Would love to have the ability to develop and recruit catching like Bianco has.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Ha. The "joe morgans" are hard at it this morning. We just won a freakin Regional. Try to be happy about something.

I'm not unhappy. Just making an observation.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Gotta be. Would love to have the ability to develop and recruit catching like Bianco has.

Bianco used to be a catcher himself and so did Lafferty so it's not surprising that they are strong in that arena.

tcdog70
06-05-2018, 10:01 AM

yea boy-while we are playing at nashville-Bianco can go home and develop his catchers. Hmm, did't ours make all tourney team?

IMissJack
06-05-2018, 10:06 AM
He is hitting better, but I was not singing his praises when we were down to OU 1-0 with a no hitter going (passed ball).

msstate7
06-05-2018, 10:07 AM
yea boy-while we are playing at nashville-Bianco can go home and develop his catchers. Hmm, did't ours make all tourney team?

Jeez... it isn't a sin to recognize that an om coach does a good job in certain areas

06-05-2018, 10:22 AM
Skelton always had immense talent, the MLB draft confirms that, but the knock on him from what I hear is that he was lazy, so maybe he's seen the light

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Jeez... it isn't a sin to recognize that an om coach does a good job in certain areas

Don't forget you shit on Starkville for the last week too. Some of us don't forget. Pull the rope bruh.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Don't forget you shit on Starkville for the last week too. Some of us don't forget. Pull the rope bruh.

Crap on Starkville = thinking Dallas and Nashville are better? Then yeah, I crapped on it

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Crap on Starkville = thinking Dallas and Nashville are better? Then yeah, I crapped on it

Nobody is stopping you from justifying it to yourself but you'll never catch me saying our competition resides in better areas. We have plenty of other fans of other schools more than willing to say it as soon as anything MSU comes up. No sense helping them. Whose gonna help us if our own fans don't do it?

Jack Lambert
06-05-2018, 11:03 AM

The one run OK scored yesterday was on Skelton but he made up for it at bat.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Nobody is stopping you from justifying it to yourself but you'll never catch me saying our competition resides in better areas. We have plenty of other fans of other schools more than willing to say it as soon as anything MSU comes up. No sense helping them. Whose gonna help us if our own fans don't do it?

Do you really think schloss or Corbin is reading ED for my thoughts on how Starkville stacks up with dallas and Nashville?

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Do you really think schloss or Corbin is reading ED for my thoughts on how Starkville stacks up with dallas and Nashville?

Nope I don't and I'll add I am not worried about them or their perceptions of Starkville. It's you that I am worried about. You are the walking talking representation of my school not them.