PDA

View Full Version : Question.....Did MSU issue a bid to host a Super on time.....

Pit Bull
06-05-2018, 12:21 AM
...or at all this year? Vandy probably did as they have been playing in Supers quite frequently. If due to construction, we decided not to bid this year, I will be severely disappointed. NCAA bylaws say if one team bid and the other did not, the one that did bid.....gets to host. I sure hope we didn't assume we wouldn't make it to a Super or our stadium would only be half ready. Poor excuse, either way!

mstatefan91
06-05-2018, 12:32 AM
...or at all this year? Vandy probably did as they have been playing in Supers quite frequently. If due to construction, we decided not to bid this year, I will be severely disappointed. NCAA bylaws say if one team bid and the other did not, the one that did bid.....gets to host. I sure hope we didn't assume we wouldn't make it to a Super or our stadium would only be half ready. Poor excuse, either way!

Where are you getting this info?

Interesting if true

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2018, 12:36 AM

I already told you once.. GO TO BED. Geez you are the chicken little to the extreme today. If John didn't make sure we submitted a bid (a formality) he should be fired on the spot unless he mentions it would mess up the construction timetable..

skadoosh14
06-05-2018, 12:37 AM
Vandy probably did as they have been playing in Supers quite frequently.

This is our 3rd in a row. I don't think that would be a factor.

I moved out of state after I graduated so I haven't had a chance to see the new Dudy Noble in person. However, seeing that it is operational I'm confident that we would have at least submitted a bid.

Bids were due Friday, May 18th. I don't see any reason that our athletic department would think it wouldn't be in their best interest to at least submit a bid

If John didn't make sure we submitted a bid (a formality) he should be fired on the spot unless he mentions it would mess up the construction timetable

1,000,000% correct here. Not submitting without a valid reason is grounds for immediate dismissal. Cohen is not incompetent.