PDA

View Full Version : Louisville baseball is not ready to lose coach Dan McDonnell

ScoobaDawg
06-04-2018, 11:52 PM
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/06/04/louisville-baseball-dan-mcdonnell-mississippi-state-coaching-job/671799002/

While acknowledging baseball coach Dan McDonnell’s candidacy for the opening at Mississippi State Monday night, the University of Louisville appears prepared to step up to the plate to keep him.

"We are well aware that Mississippi State is actively recruiting some of the top baseball coaches in the nation and understand why Dan is one of them,” athletic director Vince Tyra said in a prepared statement. “I was in Lubbock with the team for the NCAA Regional and will continue to be in regular contact with Dan to assure him that we want him to remain in Louisville."

skadoosh14
06-04-2018, 11:58 PM
I was in Lubbock with the team for the NCAA Regional and will continue to be in regular contact with Dan to assure him that we want him to remain in Louisville.

Yeah well i was in regular contact with my girlfriend but she still left with the LAWN FURNITURE THAT WE BOUGHT TOGETHER SARAH, YOU BITCH.

BuckyIsAB****
06-05-2018, 12:01 AM
Sounds to me like he is definitely in play despite what some on here think

mstatefan91
06-05-2018, 12:01 AM
That means absolutely nothing.. but thanks for posting it ScoobaDawg.. any info is welcome info

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2018, 12:04 AM
That means absolutely nothing.. but thanks for posting it ScoobaDawg.. any info is welcome info

It pretty much proves his name is in play.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 12:22 AM
We just need to let this play out and be patient.

Which is not what the Internet is for.

mstatefan91
06-05-2018, 12:22 AM
It pretty much proves his name is in play.

I'll agree with that

deadheaddawg
06-05-2018, 12:28 AM
Sounds to me like he is definitely in play despite what some on here think

I tend to agree. It definitely doesn't say anything to make me discouraged.

Dawg61
06-05-2018, 12:52 AM
Yeah well i was in regular contact with my girlfriend but she still left with the LAWN FURNITURE THAT WE BOUGHT TOGETHER SARAH, YOU BITCH.

https://media.giphy.com/media/gdUVz1Z6jpMk0/giphy.gif

BeardoMSU
06-05-2018, 12:58 AM
but she still left with the LAWN FURNITURE THAT WE BOUGHT TOGETHER SARAH, YOU BITCH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sv3wLLgGhs

Mutt the Hoople
06-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Louisville, we drink your milkshake.

msstate7
06-05-2018, 11:06 AM
If we take McDonnell, they may launch a drone strike on our campus after all the pain we've bestowed on them

I seen it dawg
06-05-2018, 11:13 AM
Hey Louisville Athletics....we will decide and let you know if we will take your baseball coach or not.

Signed,

Ownership

MarketingBully
06-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Hey Louisville Athletics....we will decide and let you know if we will take your baseball coach or not.

Signed,

Ownership

That’s great. I laughed.

Jack Lambert
06-05-2018, 11:24 AM
To be honest State going to a Super might be hurting. Think about it here is a interim coach who as been on staff two seasons, who was a SEC Head Coach and he is not even getting a look. If I was another coach I would be worried about moving to that school.

BuckyIsAB****
06-05-2018, 11:48 AM
To be honest State going to a Super might be hurting. Think about it here is a interim coach who as been on staff two seasons, who was a SEC Head Coach and he is not even getting a look. If I was another coach I would be worried about moving to that school.

You're leaving out the fact that he got fired at Kentucky and this is as far as he has ever made it in the NCAA tournament. And the fact that he is old

bostondawg
06-05-2018, 12:25 PM
And to think: of all the L's we've handed Louisville lately, giving them Peter Sirmon was the greatest of all.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 12:32 PM

I think the fact that TCU didn't make the postseason at all is what made this awkward.

Bothrops
06-05-2018, 04:37 PM
If we take McDonnell, they may launch a drone strike on our campus after all the pain we've bestowed on them

This would be interesting, as we are the school of drones. I'm sure we could intercept any drone attack.

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2018, 04:39 PM
I think the fact that TCU didn't make the postseason at all is what made this awkward.

Great point Todd.

That may not have been part of the plan & it made Cohen look bad.

Todd4State
06-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Great point Todd.

That may not have been part of the plan & it made Cohen look bad.

To me Cohen only looks bad if he doesn't get McDonnell, Tadlock, etc. But we'll have to just be patient until then.

deadheaddawg
06-05-2018, 11:38 PM

In 2013 USC fired kiffen after 5 games. Coach O took over and went 6-2. He didn't get the permanent job.

Did other coaches look at it and think "wow that too high expectations for me"? No. The looked at it and went "of course he didn't get the job. He just got fired from ole miss"

Same thing. Most reasonable coaches will understand you have to look at everything.

Yes Henderson has been amazing this year. But I can't ignore everything else he did. I am sorry but I think our chances of winning big over an extended period of time is not with someone recently fired from Kentucky.

And maybe coach O will be great for LSU, but we all know they should be able to do better

Dawg61
06-06-2018, 12:17 AM
Louisville, we drink your milkshake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5d9BrLN5K4

MarketingBully
06-06-2018, 06:43 AM
To me Cohen only looks bad if he doesn't get McDonnell, Tadlock, etc. But we'll have to just be patient until then.

Oh I agree. If he gets McDonnell, Corbin, or Tadlock, no one will question him and he will look like a genius.

basedog
06-06-2018, 06:59 AM
For every McDonnell, Corbin, Tadlock and Schloss in the Coaching world, new young Coaches will have just as much success and a few will become great.

In saying this, there are some "diamond in the rough" Coaches (hopefully Joe Mo is that coach in football) and IF one of the "chosen ones" that have been mentioned isn't our new HC, maybe a "diamond in the rough" will get the job.

I'm not as concerned as many of you guys, there other Coaches and really good Coaches who just need the chance. Cohen will find this guy mainly because he cares and knows a lot more about Msu baseball than most, he did play and coach at Msu so I give more confidence in his ability than say a "Naysayer" who is sitting at a computer second guessing his ability to hire.

msstate7
06-06-2018, 07:31 AM
For every McDonnell, Corbin, Tadlock and Schloss in the Coaching world, new young Coaches will have just as much success and a few will become great.

In saying this, there are some "diamond in the rough" Coaches (hopefully Joe Mo is that coach in football) and IF one of the "chosen ones" that have been mentioned isn't our new HC, maybe a "diamond in the rough" will get the job.

I'm not as concerned as many of you guys, there other Coaches and really good Coaches who just need the chance. Cohen will find this guy mainly because he cares and knows a lot more about Msu baseball than most, he did play and coach at Msu so I give more confidence in his ability than say a "Naysayer" who is sitting at a computer second guessing his ability to hire.

Do you take your idea that our leaders can do no wrong to politics also? I'm always questioning those in leadership positions from state coaches/admins to the president of the US. Doesn't mean I don't think they go a good job for the most part, but no one should have no accountability to those they represent. I love Cohen, but he opened his mouth and made a promise... he has to deliver or look dumb now

Tbonewannabe
06-06-2018, 07:32 AM

No one would have expected Canny to go crazy like he did. Canny was a home run hire until little Canny started running the show. I bet we get an established coach just because of the track record of not doing dumb shit.

basedog
06-06-2018, 07:38 AM
Do you take your idea that our leaders can do no wrong to politics also? I'm always questioning those in leadership positions from state coaches/admins to the president of the US. Doesn't mean I don't think they go a good job for the most part, but no one should have no accountability to those they represent. I love Cohen, but he opened his mouth and made a promise... he has to deliver or look dumb now

Dude, I didn't say anything wrong about politics or doing wrong! Obviously I touched a nerve with you again, what the hell is your problem with what I said? You have jumped the gun again with "oh we aren't worthy" not knowing what is going on with the coaching job. Cohen is paid good money to hire who he wants whether you like him or not!

Geez, get over my opinion lord knows I try to get over yours but its pretty hard when you post all day long every day! Get a dog dude!

msstate7
06-06-2018, 07:39 AM
No one would have expected Canny to go crazy like he did. Canny was a home run hire until little Canny started running the show. I bet we get an established coach just because of the track record of not doing dumb shit.

I was in love with cann, but what did he do with more talent than Henderson? Gautreau is proving he may be just as talented as a hitting coach. I'm not advocating for Henderson to be HC at all; but it is weird that cann was anointed as the GOAT for his SR regional run while we (me included) can't wait to replace Henderson while this year is more impressive to me with all the freshmen.

basedog
06-06-2018, 07:40 AM

Totally agree.

msstate7
06-06-2018, 07:45 AM
Dude, I didn't say anything wrong about politics or doing wrong! Obviously I touched a nerve with you again, what the hell is your problem with what I said? You have jumped the gun again with "oh we aren't worthy" not knowing what is going on with the coaching job. Cohen is paid good money to hire who he wants whether you like him or not!

Geez, get over my opinion lord knows I try to get over yours but its pretty hard when you post all day long every day! Get a dog dude!

You get upset anytime any coach/AD at state is questioned, and immediately go into the PlayStation/computer cowboy spill. If this board was a constant High 5 all state coaches/decisions/etc, it would be a very boring place. I give credit (often times too much) when I feel it is deserved, and give hell (often times too much) when I feel it is deserved. I will always question our coaches/admins though... never just blindly trust

basedog
06-06-2018, 07:58 AM
You get upset anytime any coach/AD at state is questioned, and immediately go into the PlayStation/computer cowboy spill. If this board was a constant High 5 all state coaches/decisions/etc, it would be a very boring place. I give credit (often times too much) when I feel it is deserved, and give hell (often times too much) when I feel it is deserved. I will always question our coaches/admins though... never just blindly trust

Ok, what ever makes you feel good 7. Oh I may be critical of Coaches decisions but I don't expose myself like you and others. It's way to easy when one is an expert on "after the facts", I have friends who we discuss things about Msu sports, and it's not always good but at least we don't cry on a dang message board all the time, that's what is boring. Believe me, I've seen enough misery in Msu sports in my lifetime, things are way more better than it's every been.

Bully13
06-06-2018, 08:07 AM

I'm not buying this shit. Cohen has told his audience (I.E. CUSTOMERS) we have a HR Hire that's taken his team multiple times to Omaha. END. OF. STORY.

He has written the check and now it's time for his ASS to cover it.

basedog
06-06-2018, 08:35 AM
I'm not buying this shit. Cohen has told his audience (I.E. CUSTOMERS) we have a HR Hire that's taken his team multiple times to Omaha. END. OF. STORY.

He has written the check and now it's time for his ASS to cover it.

Wake me up when it's announced.

Bulldog1
06-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Cohen better make a HR hire after the way he has talked this up. He better hope he does.