PDA

View Full Version : MSU baseball SR run, stuff to rub salt into Ole Miss fans wounds, and a little USM

Todd4State
06-04-2018, 11:18 PM
MSU is still the best baseball program in Mississippi. We had to have a 10 year hiatus to let others in on the fun (aka the Polk II era) but we still are what we are. Not even #Hendersoning could stop us from making a SR and sweeping through the losers bracket. Elijah MacNamee's home run got a little bigger today. Hopefully by this time next week it will be even bigger. Great run by this team despite all the adversity. Most teams under the circumstances would have had a losing season. And it would have been understood. This team goes on a SR run. They have done nothing to change my thinking that under halfway normal circumstances that we would be a regional host- at worst. Great job by everyone on the team for stepping up and it seemed like everyone contributed in some way shape or form- even those that had been struggling. This is what MSU baseball is all about- toughing it out and making great things happen. Not many teams make it to a SR three years in a row- but we have. With three different head coaches.

This team IMO which is biased deserves to host. If it goes to a neutral site, I think Memphis would be a more neutral site than Jackson, TN. That said, if it is in Starkville or Jackson, TN, or Mogadishu I'll probably try to go. I hope we break through and go to Omaha again. So does the bank that is financing my trailer.

The people proclaiming how awesome Ole Miss is and how they were going to run through Omaha and win a National Title before us deserve to be called out. In reality they were your typical soft overrated and played the RPI game well Ole Miss team that choked in the postseason that we have all come to know and love. Probably my favorite personal collapse was when they lost to Virginia because my parents had gone on vacation to Charlottesville and gotten me a University of Virginia baseball t-shirt which I proudly wore in the Chik-Fil-A in Madison like a complete asshole exactly two hours after their game ended to catch the Ole Miss fans as they arrived for dinner. The glares were priceless and I enjoyed and savored every one of them. Tonight is up there with that but I want to let this sink in some first to make sure it's not me being a prisoner of the moment. The fact of the matter is if MSU had three mid majors in our regional in Starkville- we're winning that bitch. Yeah- we may lose a game to a Central Arkansas but then we just drop our Girodo's and take care of business. Ole Miss on the other hand gets owned by a guy throwing 82 MPH gas and the other teams right fielder with an ERA of 7.

Now I must say that one thing that has irritated me is our fans saying that Ole Miss's baseball program has been more "consistent" than ours. Yeah- so we had to rebuild because LT was an idiot. Big deal. Here's the reality since Bianco took over:

CWS appearances- MSU 2 with a finals appearance. Ole Miss 1.

SR appearances- MSU- 7 including this year. Ole Miss 5- Three of these were during the Polk II era and one during Cohen's rebuilding.

Regional appearances- MSU 13. Ole Miss 15- THANKS LT AND RON!

SEC Tournament Championships- This is Ole Miss's favorite right now. Well guess what? MSU has 3 to Ole Miss's 2 during the Bianco era. Including 2005 where we beat them in the championship game.

SEC Championships- MSU 1 which we won outright Ole Miss 1 which they shared.

Governor's Cups/Mayor's Trophy's- We both have won 9 apiece between 2001 and now. Bare in mind that thanks to Polk II not giving a shit for five years we had an 0-5 run in there.

Head to head since 2001- "Bianco has a winning record against MSU" has been trumpeted by Ole Miss fans and that irritates me because it's factually incorrect. Head to head- including Governor's Cups and SEC Tournament play MSU has a 39-37 overall record against Bianco led Ole Miss teams.

Lakes in the outfield delaying an entire NCAA tournament- Ole Miss 1 MSU 0

Incidents with fans throwing rocks at players or throwing baseballs making fun of natural disasters that displaced thousands of people- Ole Miss 2 MSU 0

So, they have been more consistent in terms of having winning seasons but even then we have been the better program- and even moreso since Polk left.

We are about to enter a new era of MSU baseball with an elite coach- I still trust Cohen for now. One way or the other we're about to be a lot more stable than we were. And we're a good program as it is- but we're about to take things to the next level all the way around. And Ole Miss fans get to enjoy it from their boat in the outfield at Swayze Field. I could have gone further back with my historical data but it would have been completely piling on. Hopefully Joe Moorhead isn't as nice as I am.

And as far as USM- LOL. What does the fact that your best hitter was cut by MSU say about the rest of your players? Next year we won't have a coach sexting in the dugout and more worried about shooting hoops with Blair Schaeffer or rapping with Bob Carskadon. Be thankful that your conference is full of people like Marshall that make you look good. Luke Reynolds this year versus SEC teams without a sexting coach- 3 for 13 for a cool batting average of .231 and 1 RBI. Not bad for a 25 year old.

mstatefan91
06-04-2018, 11:26 PM
TLDR

OM gonna OM and choke.. end of story

But really, I read it and agree

Commercecomet24
06-04-2018, 11:45 PM
Spot on, Todd.

msbulldog
06-05-2018, 06:16 AM
Awesome, Todd as usual.

Johnson85
06-05-2018, 08:52 AM
MSU is still the best baseball program in Mississippi. We had to have a 10 year hiatus to let others in on the fun (aka the Polk II era) but we still are what we are. Not even #Hendersoning could stop us from making a SR and sweeping through the losers bracket. Elijah MacNamee's home run got a little bigger today. Hopefully by this time next week it will be even bigger. Great run by this team despite all the adversity. Most teams under the circumstances would have had a losing season. And it would have been understood. This team goes on a SR run. They have done nothing to change my thinking that under halfway normal circumstances that we would be a regional host- at worst. Great job by everyone on the team for stepping up and it seemed like everyone contributed in some way shape or form- even those that had been struggling. This is what MSU baseball is all about- toughing it out and making great things happen. Not many teams make it to a SR three years in a row- but we have. With three different head coaches.

This team IMO which is biased deserves to host. If it goes to a neutral site, I think Memphis would be a more neutral site than Jackson, TN. That said, if it is in Starkville or Jackson, TN, or Mogadishu I'll probably try to go. I hope we break through and go to Omaha again. So does the bank that is financing my trailer.

The people proclaiming how awesome Ole Miss is and how they were going to run through Omaha and win a National Title before us deserve to be called out. In reality they were your typical soft overrated and played the RPI game well Ole Miss team that choked in the postseason that we have all come to know and love. Probably my favorite personal collapse was when they lost to Virginia because my parents had gone on vacation to Charlottesville and gotten me a University of Virginia baseball t-shirt which I proudly wore in the Chik-Fil-A in Madison like a complete asshole exactly two hours after their game ended to catch the Ole Miss fans as they arrived for dinner. The glares were priceless and I enjoyed and savored every one of them. Tonight is up there with that but I want to let this sink in some first to make sure it's not me being a prisoner of the moment. The fact of the matter is if MSU had three mid majors in our regional in Starkville- we're winning that bitch. Yeah- we may lose a game to a Central Arkansas but then we just drop our Girodo's and take care of business. Ole Miss on the other hand gets owned by a guy throwing 82 MPH gas and the other teams right fielder with an ERA of 7.

Now I must say that one thing that has irritated me is our fans saying that Ole Miss's baseball program has been more "consistent" than ours. Yeah- so we had to rebuild because LT was an idiot. Big deal. Here's the reality since Bianco took over:

CWS appearances- MSU 2 with a finals appearance. Ole Miss 1.

SR appearances- MSU- 7 including this year. Ole Miss 5- Three of these were during the Polk II era and one during Cohen's rebuilding.

Regional appearances- MSU 13. Ole Miss 15- THANKS LT AND RON!

SEC Tournament Championships- This is Ole Miss's favorite right now. Well guess what? MSU has 3 to Ole Miss's 2 during the Bianco era. Including 2005 where we beat them in the championship game.

SEC Championships- MSU 1 which we won outright Ole Miss 1 which they shared.

Governor's Cups/Mayor's Trophy's- We both have won 9 apiece between 2001 and now. Bare in mind that thanks to Polk II not giving a shit for five years we had an 0-5 run in there.

Head to head since 2001- "Bianco has a winning record against MSU" has been trumpeted by Ole Miss fans and that irritates me because it's factually incorrect. Head to head- including Governor's Cups and SEC Tournament play MSU has a 39-37 overall record against Bianco led Ole Miss teams.

Lakes in the outfield delaying an entire NCAA tournament- Ole Miss 1 MSU 0

Incidents with fans throwing rocks at players or throwing baseballs making fun of natural disasters that displaced thousands of people- Ole Miss 2 MSU 0

So, they have been more consistent in terms of having winning seasons but even then we have been the better program- and even moreso since Polk left.

We are about to enter a new era of MSU baseball with an elite coach- I still trust Cohen for now. One way or the other we're about to be a lot more stable than we were. And we're a good program as it is- but we're about to take things to the next level all the way around. And Ole Miss fans get to enjoy it from their boat in the outfield at Swayze Field. I could have gone further back with my historical data but it would have been completely piling on. Hopefully Joe Moorhead isn't as nice as I am.

And as far as USM- LOL. What does the fact that your best hitter was cut by MSU say about the rest of your players? Next year we won't have a coach sexting in the dugout and more worried about shooting hoops with Blair Schaeffer or rapping with Bob Carskadon. Be thankful that your conference is full of people like Marshall that make you look good. Luke Reynolds this year versus SEC teams without a sexting coach- 3 for 13 for a cool batting average of .231 and 1 RBI. Not bad for a 25 year old.

So are we admitting that Reynolds was cut now?**

Bully13
06-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Good stuff Todd