PDA

View Full Version : Vanderhook

preachermatt83
06-04-2018, 09:39 PM
Fits cohens description. I like his personality but not sure how good of a coach he is.

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Good coach. Just can't hire a guy that only recruits a county at MSU.

Cal State Fullerton actually only recruits 1 county

BuckyIsAB****
06-04-2018, 09:54 PM
Good coach. Just can't hire a guy that only recruits a county at MSU.

Cal State Fullerton actually only recruits 1 county

would you take him or gary henderson, im leaning vanderhook

shoeless joe
06-04-2018, 09:54 PM
He's a really good coach. Hard nosed, fundamentals, pitching, and defense. I like all those things. Not sure he'd be the guy for us however.

msstate7
06-04-2018, 09:56 PM
Born in California, and always coached in California. There is like zero chance he comes to Starkville, ms to be our coach

preachermatt83
06-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Born in California, and always coached in California. There is like zero chance he comes to Starkville, ms to be our coach

I tend to agree. I'm just trying to think of guys who fit the criteria that cohen gave. I can think of Several but most are not fits.

MarketingBully
06-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Of the ones who fit that criteria and are good fits at MSU, it would be Dan McDonnell. Imo if we offer him what we reportedly offered Schloss we’d have a great chance to get him. If we don’t hear anything by Wednesday or Thursday, I’d say we are not getting the top tier of what Cohen told us and I think this search turns sideways quickly. If we are waiting until our season is over before announcing a coach we are fools unless we are considering hiring Henderson. That to me is the only logical explanation to wait and announce.

LC Dawg
06-04-2018, 10:40 PM
When Cohen said he would announce the new coach when their current team's year was over I'm sure he really didn't think we would still be playing at this point. I'm not saying he shouldn't go ahead and announce it if he has his guy but causing a distraction for our team has to be a concern of his at this point because we have a legit shot at the CWS.

confucius say
06-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Pass. See Serrano at Tennessee

preachermatt83
06-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Of the ones who fit that criteria and are good fits at MSU, it would be Dan McDonnell. Imo if we offer him what we reportedly offered Schloss we’d have a great chance to get him. If we don’t hear anything by Wednesday or Thursday, I’d say we are not getting the top tier of what Cohen told us and I think this search turns sideways quickly. If we are waiting until our season is over before announcing a coach we are fools unless we are considering hiring Henderson. That to me is the only logical explanation to wait and announce.

Great post

deadheaddawg
06-04-2018, 10:52 PM
He played there. He was an assistant there. Program has a ton of history.

No reason to think he would consider leaving.

I mean call him. Why not? But it doesn't seem likely

confucius say
06-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Just hire Jake. Either one. Older one is a rising star. Younger one dominates Mississippi.

deadheaddawg
06-04-2018, 11:08 PM
How was Henderson's recruiting at UK?