PDA

View Full Version : Remember the sec tourney debate?

msstate7
06-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Well the only 2 teams (state and vandy) that made the tourney that lost in the first round are in super regionals. The 2 teams (lsu and om) that played for the championship are home. Doesn't really prove it for sure, but I still think rest is more beneficial that a run. Seems I was right this year anyway

Cooterpoot
06-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Then look at FL. They didn?t go but a couple days in but they screwed around so much end of season they lost their focus.

Todd4State
06-04-2018, 09:24 PM
Some changes to the SEC Tournament I would make:

1. Make it single elimination instead of double elimination.

2. All fourteen teams make it- top two teams by record get a first round bye. The remaining 12 teams play a one game elimination. The most games anyone could play = 4

3. Rotate the tournament around the south. Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, Pearl/Jackson, Biloxi, etc. When C-USA plays their postseason tournament at a better facility- there's a problem.

Lord McBuckethead
06-04-2018, 09:36 PM
I haven't been, but isn't Hoover's Stadium pretty nice?

BuckyIsAB****
06-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Idk how to feel about the tournament. You cant get rid of it, it is fun to watch.

But really it doesnt mean shit. Everybody forgets about it the next weekend when the real tourney starts.

Goldendawg
06-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Idk how to feel about the tournament. You cant get rid of it, it is fun to watch.

But really it doesnt mean shit. Everybody forgets about it the next weekend when the real tourney starts.

It's kind of like winning the SEC West in basketball back in the day.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-04-2018, 10:49 PM
It's kind of like winning the SEC West in basketball back in the day.

Its the FA Cup (English soccer) of SEC baseball:
-Its nice to win, but by far the least prestigous of the 3 possible trophies
-The fans of the team who won it last will brag about it while all the other fan bases will tell them no one gives a crap about the tournament.

mstatefan91
06-04-2018, 10:56 PM
Yeah the SEC tourney is way too damn long.. wrecks any team's bullpen that actually makes it to the championship game.. especially the teams that have to play on day 1

I hate the set up