PDA

View Full Version : I hope Henderson can figure out a way...

HoopsDawg
06-04-2018, 05:44 PM
to set up France as our game 3 starter in a Super. Obviously, need Pilk to have a quality start in Game 1. I would at least consider going Small in Game 1 and France in Game 2.

msstate7
06-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Pilk was pretty good vs vandy 1st time. I would just start him and have an extremely quick hook in favor of France

Todd4State
06-04-2018, 05:49 PM
I would go Small in game one and France in game two.

Dental Dawg33
06-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Put your best guy Friday which is Small. We win, throw pilk game 2 on short leash. We lose game 1, start France game 2.

KOdawg1
06-04-2018, 05:51 PM
Put your best guy Friday which is Small. We win, throw pilk game 2 on short leash. We lose game 1, start France game 2.

This

HoopsDawg
06-04-2018, 05:51 PM

I think I would too. Now that Self is back to go along with James, Neff, and Smith, we have enough quality bullpen guys. Billingsley might be better out of the pen as well.

msbulldog
06-04-2018, 05:55 PM
In game 1 start whoever can hit 'The Whistler" in the mouth with a 95-96 mph fastball.

Commercecomet24
06-04-2018, 05:56 PM

Yep. Definitely.

06-04-2018, 05:58 PM
I'd still go Pilkington in Game 1, even if we lose, our M-O this year has been coming from behind

You can't abandon your Friday night starter due to a few good stints by others, you have to give him the ball

msstate7
06-04-2018, 06:01 PM
I'd still go Pilkington in Game 1, even if we lose, our M-O this year has been coming from behind

You can't abandon your Friday night starter due to a few good stints by others, you have to give him the ball

I agree, but I don't let him get us in a big early hole. I'd get France in early if pilk gets to looking like a time bomb.

Bulldog1
06-04-2018, 06:03 PM
Yes Small Friday and France Saturday.

06-04-2018, 06:03 PM
I agree, but I don't let him get us in a big early hole. I'd get France in early if pilk gets to looking like a time bomb.

no doubt, and no matter what, he's gonna throw 125 pitches in the first 3 innings, so it may not matter

I know we can't do this now, but I'd REALLY like to see Pilk out of the pen, when the number of pitches doesn't really matter, especially when you need strike out stuff

Todd4State
06-04-2018, 06:06 PM

You can after 10 average/poor starts by your Friday night guy.

Bulldog1
06-04-2018, 06:08 PM
You start your ace in game 1 and anyone with half a brain knows Small is our ace.

06-04-2018, 06:10 PM
You can after 10 average/poor starts by your Friday night guy.

SEC had a ton of quality Friday night guys this year though

Plus, not a bad idea to go after Vandy's Sunday guy with Billingsley or France, if France hasn't been used by then

That's assuming Pilk loses Game 1

If we were going to experiment with Pilk in the pen and France starting games where we had no choice, we should have done it earlier during the year, that's all I'm saying

maroonmania
06-04-2018, 07:17 PM
I'll be honest, if it was me deciding I would probably start Small, Billingsley and then France. I have ZERO confidence in Pilk right now. I'd just use him as needed out of the bullpen. He is a shell of the pitcher right now that he was at the start of the season.

Tbonewannabe
06-04-2018, 07:22 PM
I'll be honest, if it was me deciding I would probably start Small, Billingsley and then France. I have ZERO confidence in Pilk right now. I'd just use him as needed out of the bullpen. He is a shell of the pitcher right now that he was at the start of the season.

His arm looks dead. Mize who just went #1 in the MLB draft didn't pitch last summer because of it.

tcdog70
06-04-2018, 07:49 PM
I'll just Roll with what Henderson thinks. Seems like He has done A-OK lately.

HoopsDawg
06-04-2018, 08:38 PM

If Pilk has one of his off nights, it eats up our pen and likely ends with a loss. Small has been more consistent and saves our pen for the rest of the regional. If Pilk is on, who better than him in a Game 3 situation.

maroonmania
06-04-2018, 09:01 PM
I'll just Roll with what Henderson thinks. Seems like He has done A-OK lately.

Well Henderson is going to stick with the same ol, same 'ol but Pilk is not a quality starter right now. Actually Pilk has only won one SEC win the entire season. Granted early on it was lack of run support but the last half of the year was all on him just not being very good.

tcdog70
06-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Well Henderson is going to stick with the same ol, same 'ol but Pilk is not a quality starter right now. Actually Pilk has only won one SEC win the entire season. Granted early on it was lack of run support but the last half of the year was all on him just not being very good.

Same Ol same Ol is in Supers and the best Team ever at OM has hit the ass wagon home. hmmm Those corn dogs are also done.

skadoosh14
06-04-2018, 10:17 PM
I'm prefacing this with the fact that I am no Gary Henderson advocate. Hats off to him in the interim; I just don't want him as coach. BUT, at what point do we just give him the job? I mean, surely if he wins the CWS he gets a contract, right?

msstate7
06-04-2018, 10:19 PM
I'm prefacing this with the fact that I am no Gary Henderson advocate. Hats off to him in the interim; I just don't want him as coach. BUT, at what point do we just give him the job? I mean, surely if he wins the CWS he gets a contract, right?

At the point that Cohen gets turned down enough to panic. Hopefully this doesn't happen

skadoosh14
06-04-2018, 10:58 PM
At the point that Cohen gets turned down enough to panic. Hopefully this doesn't happen

I don't see this happening. I mean, even though we've never won the natty, we are the biggest stage in college baseball. 17 of the top 20 most attended on campus games were in Dudy Noble. If we host the super regional this year it may damn well be 20 for 20. Coaches want to coach on the biggest stage. Cohen isn't getting turned down left and right. He got turned down by a man who coaches at a school that his son and daughter attend (daughter enrolling next year).

My question is what does Henderson have to do to earn the role.