PDA

View Full Version : Glad Mangum and Pilkington are going out as winners ***SHEEP CONTENT INSIDE***

06-04-2018, 05:19 PM
As bad as this year has been, we at least had an excuse. I still hated that, most likely we were going to go out without making the postseason. Now we're making a 3rd straight super and it's not unthinkable that we make Omaha. Those two guys deserve that IMO

Now, for the sheep part. We've already come a long freaking way as far as the lineup goes. Our freshmen are not freshmen anymore, and truth be known, our lineup hasn't been a liability since early on the year, the true liability has been the pitching, so let's look a few things:

- France, Neff, Gordon, Billingsley - all minimum 4th (3 of 4 are 5th) year players with a ton of experience
- Self seems to be healed up and back
- Small is Small, he's been good all year

The wildcard is Pilkington, what if he heats up like the rest? Is it crazy for me to think this team couldn't make a run in Omaha in a park that holds HRs? Mangum the best Centerfielder in the country and literally saves games for us, McNamee is no slouch in Right either

Guess I'm puffing on a little koolaid dust after France was so lights out today, gets you thinking about Coastal Carolina or Fresno State type stuff, I mean you cannot craft a fairy tale up with the amount of luck and good fortune we have received in some games recently

Bully13
06-04-2018, 05:31 PM
Are Omaha's dimensions still not favorable for the long ball?

06-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Better than before, but mainly because the new balls carry more

You definitely aren't going to bash HRs all week, but I think the numbers are definitely up since 2014

Bully13
06-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Better than before, but mainly because the new balls carry more

You definitely aren't going to bash HRs all week, but I think the numbers are definitely up since 2014

Just asking cuz I'm not used to seeing MSU HR's. Without them, we'd be home right now. They've been life savers of late.