PDA

View Full Version : Trying the rez tomorrow

BeastMan
06-04-2018, 09:17 AM
Nowhere do I have less success than the rez and I?m trying again tomorrow. Trying a new area. Not expecting much but we?ll see

ETA- I’m charging the camera too. Gonna try and get some footage. Didn’t bring it to GI because I haven’t fooled with it much and I didn’t want my focus to be on the camera.

Natedogg33
06-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Where are you putting in?

BeastMan
06-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Where are you putting in?

General vacinity of Tommy’s

Natedogg33
06-04-2018, 07:12 PM
If you’re fishing in the pads, look for the big gizzard shad. And those fish around there have taken a beating over the last few weeks, so they’ve gotten a little gun shy on frogs and buzzbaits and such. The pads have been pretty thin, so you can slow down and drag a lizard or a big worm. Good luck beast

State82
06-06-2018, 12:05 AM
Any luck at Barnett BeastMan?

BeastMan
06-06-2018, 09:45 AM
Any luck at Barnett BeastMan?

Man we ended up spending the night before at Batson with daughter (she’s fine). I ended up in bed at 4am. I got up 7ish and got my kids ready and after I dropped them off at daycare I came home and took a nap. Loaded everything up at noon and got to the launch (neighborhood behind Tommy’s) and after unloading everything I realized I forgot my life jacket. Loaded back up, went home, and got my jacket. By this time it was getting cloudy so I ran to Brown’s landing and fished the grass to 43 for about an hour trying to get something on camera and didnt get a bite. Wasn’t my day.

State82
06-06-2018, 03:14 PM
Such is The Rez this time of year. Glad your daughter is fine.

BeastMan
06-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Such is The Rez this time of year. Glad your daughter is fine.

The rez is tricky but I wasn’t fishing the right area and I know that. Life got in the way and derailed my day more than anything

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2018, 05:40 PM
Go handgrabbing on the rez. Promise you can get some footage.

But I have seen a lot of guys fishing the pads around those islands past fannin landing

BeastMan
06-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Go handgrabbing on the rez. Promise you can get some footage.

But I have seen a lot of guys fishing the pads around those islands past fannin landing

I’m making some noodle line this weekend.