PDA

View Full Version : Did Schloss Visit This Weekend?

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2018, 08:36 AM
This seems to be the point of debate.

There are some that say he visited this weekend but Ive seen no confirmed reports.

What do you guys know?

basedog
06-04-2018, 08:41 AM
Doesn't matter now, only Cohen knows and I like how he has handled this so far. Even if it was Schloss he has no control over someone's change of heart.

I actually care more about today's game than what is a rumor for now.

DogsofAnarchy
06-04-2018, 08:48 AM

There are some that say he visited this weekend but Ive seen no confirmed reports.

What do you guys know?

1. What baseball staff stayed in Starkville? I seriously doubt any.

2. If he visited, then he would have immediately leaked in his pants and to the media that he wanted the MSU job!! There is NO place better than STARK-VEGAS!!

“And I ain’t kidding neither...”—-- Curly Bill

Cooterpoot
06-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Was Cohen in Tallahassee?

mparkerfd20
06-04-2018, 08:49 AM
No he didn't visit while our entire staff and AD were in Tallahassee. Common sense.

Big4Dawg
06-04-2018, 08:52 AM
No he didn't visit while our entire staff and AD were in Tallahassee. Common sense.

I would be completely fine for our AD to skip the regional and hire a coach instead

yjnkdawg
06-04-2018, 08:58 AM

What do you guys know?

If he was actually in Starkville or on the MSU campus, I'm pretty sure somebody would have seen him. All I have seen or heard is that TCU media guy's twitter, and some are even questioning that now. This is sounding somewhat similar to our football coaching search when you factor Pruitt in.

MagicDawg
06-04-2018, 09:00 AM
He visited, hated the medians on Highway 12, and called off the whole deal.

/sarcasm

Liverpooldawg
06-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Somebody saw him at the Waffle House in West Point Saturday night.**********

yjnkdawg
06-04-2018, 09:16 AM

LOL ...............That should definitely be posted on twitter**

Gutter Cobreh
06-04-2018, 09:31 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article212469169.html

4th paragraph:
Schlossnagle visited the MSU campus in Starkville, Miss., this weekend, according to several sources. The Bulldogs are in the process of a $60 million renovation to their famed Dudy Noble Field.

Their sources could be as good as the ones on here that said it was a done deal (looking at you BrickCity)***

MarketingBully
06-04-2018, 09:45 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article212469169.html

4th paragraph:
Schlossnagle visited the MSU campus in Starkville, Miss., this weekend, according to several sources. The Bulldogs are in the process of a $60 million renovation to their famed Dudy Noble Field.

Their sources could be as good as the ones on here that said it was a done deal (looking at you BrickCity)***

If Cohen wasn’t there when he visited this weekend, he was really never a serious candidate to us (now he might have been serious about us). I just don’t understand in any area of business how the AD or main boss isn’t there to help seal the deal when a potential client or supposedly your number 1 coaching target is in town. It doesn’t pass the smell test.

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2018, 09:47 AM

4th paragraph:

Wow. Bad look for us.

msstate7
06-04-2018, 09:49 AM
If Cohen wasn’t there when he visited this weekend, he was really never a serious candidate to us (now he might have been serious about us). I just don’t understand in any area of business how the AD or main boss isn’t there to help seal the deal when a potential client or supposedly your number 1 coaching target is in town. It doesn’t pass the smell test.

398 miles = 7 hour drive, so very quick flight. Cohen could easily be in both places in 1 day

Liverpooldawg
06-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Wow. Bad look for us.

Why exactly? Happens all the time. It seriously does.

yjnkdawg
06-04-2018, 10:10 AM
398 miles = 7 hour drive, so very quick flight. Cohen could easily be in both places in 1 day

Yep Cohen could have done a lot of things. He could have flown to Fort Worth or gone to the beach. However, the logical thing was that he was at the tourney supporting our coaches and baseball team.

msstate7
06-04-2018, 10:12 AM
Yep Cohen could have done a lot of things. He could have flown to Fort Worth or gone to the beach. However, the logical thing was that he was at the tourney supporting our coaches and baseball team.

The other logical thing is ft worth newspaper didn't make up schloss visiting Starkville

Tbonewannabe
06-04-2018, 10:16 AM
He could have possibly visited Starkville on his own dime just to look at the town without anyone from MSU knowing about it. It would definitely give you a better feel for the place if the red carpet isn't rolled out. I don't know if that was the case but it is a possibility.

yjnkdawg
06-04-2018, 10:17 AM
The other logical thing is ft worth newspaper didn't make up schloss visiting Starkville

They said "sources said or told us". Now how has sources worked our so far in this coaching search?

deadheaddawg
06-04-2018, 10:17 AM

They didn't confirm it. They reported sources said he did.

That's a big difference. Which should be apparent to all of us now.

msstate7
06-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Fine. He didn't visit, and he wasn't the main target. Who is bigger than schloss? Corbin and McDonnell, maybe... you guys calling them? I think it's ridiculous to think Cohen has run some elaborate scheme on one of the best coaches in the country to get one of the others.

Pit Bull
06-04-2018, 11:22 AM

Huddle House makes better omelets IMO.

Pit Bull
06-04-2018, 11:26 AM
He could have possibly visited Starkville on his own dime just to look at the town without anyone from MSU knowing about it. It would definitely give you a better feel for the place if the red carpet isn't rolled out. I don't know if that was the case but it is a possibility.

Funny you mentioned that.....when I was working, there were a couple potential job offers in towns I knew nothing about. So before the final interview, I took trips to both just to see what the towns were like. One was REAL nice at the edge of the Smokie Mountains, the other was in a small southern TN town which didn't amount to much. So, if I would do that for just an average job, I can imagine a million dollar coaching job is certainly prone to the same thing.

Randolph Dupree
06-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Fine. He didn't visit, and he wasn't the main target. Who is bigger than schloss? Corbin and McDonnell, maybe... you guys calling them? I think it's ridiculous to think Cohen has run some elaborate scheme on one of the best coaches in the country to get one of the others.

I don't think he ran a scheme, I think Cohen is doing what he said he's been doing which is talking to multiple high caliber coaches and he has a ranking of who he would prefer. I think he's made his selection, and it isn't Schloss and so the dude pulled his name out. I think the rumors are more than likely generated by an agent. Who knows, maybe the dude really wanted the job so he was using the Pruitt angle or maybe he just wanted to try and get some more $$ out of TCU despite a down year (the Mullen angle).

Pit Bull
06-04-2018, 11:36 AM
I don't think he ran a scheme, I think Cohen is doing what he said he's been doing which is talking to multiple high caliber coaches and he has a ranking of who he would prefer. I think he's made his selection, and it isn't Schloss and so the dude pulled his name out. I think the rumors are more than likely generated by an agent. Who knows, maybe the dude really wanted the job so he was using the Pruitt angle or maybe he just wanted to try and get some more $$ out of TCU despite a down year (the Mullen angle).

Yep.....don't think anyone on here really knows what the situation is. We are all just Keyboard Cowboys speculating. Personally, I think Tim Corbin has the best resume, but as I said in other posts, I think getting good coaches in towns like Ft.Worth, Nashville, Louisville, Lubbock, etc. to come to Starkvegas will be difficult. Now, if we can find a younger smaller town guy who's salary is much lower than the big fish, then we might have a shot.

I seen it dawg
06-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Saw him at a Waverly looking at houses.

Bothrops
06-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Younger guys are always going to have families and that can be a problem for us trying to get established head coaches to come. The wife and kids are usually not going to be too kosher about a tiny town that's not in a metro, near a metro, or close to a beach. If I were pressed to guess right now, I'd say this was the ultimate deciding factor in the deal.

CarolinaDawgs
06-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Yep.....don't think anyone on here really knows what the situation is. We are all just Keyboard Cowboys speculating. Personally, I think Tim Corbin has the best resume, but as I said in other posts, I think getting good coaches in towns like Ft.Worth, Nashville, Louisville, Lubbock, etc. to come to Starkvegas will be difficult. Now, if we can find a younger smaller town guy who's salary is much lower than the big fish, then we might have a shot.

LOL at Lubbock being better than Stark.