PDA

View Full Version : Impact of Seniors

BrunswickDawg
06-04-2018, 07:38 AM
I know that baseball is not a sport that has a lot of Seniors on teams due to the way the draft works - and that's fine.

However, MSU has had a history in the post-Polk II Era of having some major impact Seniors who worked their way thru the program and were very important in the post season.

Guys like Caleb Reed, Chad Girodo, Kendall Graveman, Ben Bracewell, Wes Rae etc etc. Usually 2-3 glue guys who are kind of the the soul of the team.

We have 1 Senior who has spent his whole career at State - Billingsley.

Does anyone think that impacted the early season and the Cam disaster?

basedog
06-04-2018, 07:55 AM
No doubt, it's pretty amazing watching this team grow up and come together as a team.

Btw, have not a clue what is going on or what has gone on about the coaching search, but one thing for sure is Cohen is the only one who really knows and I'm so glad he has kept it quiet. ED rumors are just that, sometimes "we" shouldn't "chirp" so much.

While I'm at it, big shout out to Cole Gordon, he like Henderson has taken much heat from some ED posters, Cole may have saved our season, like the saying goes, "it ain't how you start...……" Right now, this team has overachieved big time! Future looks great, I imagine whoever our new Coach will be should feel "giddy" to say the least! LOL

solodawg
06-04-2018, 08:02 AM
So does Cohen still stand by these comments?
““This person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach," Cohen said. "This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.”

basedog
06-04-2018, 08:08 AM
““This person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach," Cohen said. "This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.”

Cohen only knows, he will hire a good coach!

confucius say
06-04-2018, 10:11 AM

Probably. There are like 25 guys off the top of my head that fit that description. Like I said a month ago, his description does not say the trips to Omaha were made as a head coach.

msstate7
06-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Probably. There are like 25 guys off the top of my head that fit that description. Like I said a month ago, his description does not say the trips to Omaha were made as a head coach.

If he wasn't talking about making several trips to Omaha at a HC, then it was a pretty deceptive statement. The best explanation is that Cohen thought he had schloss, but crap happens

confucius say
06-04-2018, 10:26 AM
If he wasn't talking about making several trips to Omaha at a HC, then it was a pretty deceptive statement. The best explanation is that Cohen thought he had schloss, but crap happens

I don't disagree with you. Prob the nature of my job, but I'm wired to always look at all possibilities that could come from a statement.

smootness
06-04-2018, 10:34 AM

Or it could mean that he knew he had either Schloss or McDonnell and has now made his decision. Rogers has been consistent the whole time that he thought it would be one of those two and that it absolutely was not yet a done deal with either. And since Schloss backed out, he hasn’t come back out and said he was wrong or that he wasn’t as sure anymore, has he?

Matty Dispatch
06-04-2018, 10:57 AM
Also Zach Neff and JP France are seniors. Obviously both transfers but still. Blake Smith has done pretty well too. We may see all three of those guys today....certainly Neff and Smith.