PDA

View Full Version : 1 win away

msstate7
06-04-2018, 06:30 AM
From our 3rd SR in 3 years with 3 different coaches. Pretty crazy that after the LSU series, we were 14-15 (2-7). From that point on, we are 20-11 (13-8 not counting governor or SECT) with 10 of those wins vs national seeds. Now I'm not advocating for Henderson at all, but it is wild that cann was considered a miracle worker and the GOAT last season while winning with more talent than Henderson has this season. Again, I want someone else, but hats off to Henderson for not letting this team fold when folding would've been very easy. Now get it done, dawgs

MarketingBully
06-04-2018, 06:42 AM
He has done an admiral job after the debacle on Friday. I will admit that. Hats off to him.

yjnkdawg
06-04-2018, 07:54 AM
I agree. Henderson helped keep the ship sailing and not sinking. It was our team leaders who stood up. our young players growing up, our coaching staff and the team buying into what the coaches said. This could have turned into a major disaster season but with the joint effort it hasn't. No Henderson hasn't been "Superman" and saved the season all by himself, but he did have a part in doing so. Anybody who said he didn't, either has their own agenda, or maybe they aren't too high on the intelligence scale.

LC Dawg
06-04-2018, 08:02 AM
I know he's had some head scratching decisions (all coaches do) but we were lucky that Henderson was on our bench at the beginning of the year. After the Cann disaster we needed someone who was the direct opposite of Cann and we had that with Henderson. Young coaches tend to be more rah-rah types and if we had a young coach that we moved to interim it may not have worked out as well. I think Henderson's calm demeanor and the fact that he's been around and doesn't get too worked up by small things was very beneficial to our young team.