PDA

View Full Version : We really need to figure out a way to keep Geatreau

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 10:58 PM
Yea I know I butchered his name but the way he has helped these guys swings is amazing.

msstate7
06-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Might name him HC

Pit Bull
06-03-2018, 11:20 PM
If nobody wants to move to Starkvegas, we may have to keep everybody just to keep continuity into next year. Nothing worse than disrupting the team with strange coaching moves.....we got a dose of that in Hattiesburg.....I don't want more of that to deal with. We've had a pretty darn amazing year as it is......and I did not expect to even be playing in the Tourney the way things started off and developed. Cohen may want to sit down with a bunch of the players privately, and see what they think about our current coaching staff and what kind of vibes they got during the year after Canny.

KOdawg1
06-03-2018, 11:21 PM
Might name him HC
I wouldn't be completely opposed to that..

confucius say
06-03-2018, 11:24 PM
Might name him HC

Mmmm

yjnkdawg
06-04-2018, 08:10 AM
Hopefully the new incoming HC will see his value to our baseball program and keep him on the coaching staff. After the Cann snafu, I highly doubt that Cohen would make that type of move, as it doesn't meet the criteria what he said in the coaching search either. Is Gautreau even looking for a HC position right now? Gautreau did serve as Interim Head Coach at Tulane. So I guess we will see. Probability on being named our head coach.... less than 5%. I would say. JMO

yjnkdawg
06-04-2018, 08:28 AM
Yea I know I butchered his name but the way he has helped these guys swings is amazing.

LOL Preacher you are close on the spelling. No worries! :cool:

MarketingBully
06-04-2018, 08:39 AM
I see what you are saying. Keeping Gautreau would be great but I want the new coach to bring in a staff that he is comfortable with and can win at a high level with. If those guys are Gautreau and Henderson so be it. I just want the new coach to be the one who decides it. I thought it was Schloss mainly because of the rumors that Gautreau was staying along with the compelling evidence from you guys which I still believe there was true smoke there. If it’s McDonnell I want him to bring in his pitching coach who he has been ultra successful with from Louisville but I could see him keeping Gautreau.

yjnkdawg
06-04-2018, 08:47 AM
I see what you are saying. Keeping Gautreau would be great but I want the new coach to bring in a staff that he is comfortable with and can win at a high level with. If those guys are Gautreau and Henderson so be it. I just want the new coach to be the one who decides it. I thought it was Schloss mainly because of the rumors that Gautreau was staying along with the compelling evidence from you guys which I still believe there was true smoke there. If it’s McDonnell I want him to bring in his pitching coach who he has been ultra successful with from Louisville but I could see him keeping Gautreau.

Great post, MB. In my post I meant that I hoped that our new coach would want to keep Gautreau. But the new incoming coach should be able to hire who he feels will help his program the best. We are definitely not going to get an elite coach, if it is dictated on who his assistant or assistants will be. Cohen is not going to do that.

MarketingBully
06-04-2018, 08:55 AM
I could be reading into this too much but if you watch McDonnell’s post game press conference he’s much more emotional then I’ve seen him in these press conferences almost like he’s saying goodbye. I could be wrong and only time will tell but I did notice it.

https://youtu.be/RsBO8Hw-3uQ

Liverpooldawg
06-04-2018, 08:59 AM
How about we hire a HC and let him bring in who he wants to bring in?

ScoobaDawg
06-04-2018, 09:14 AM
If nobody wants to move to Starkvegas, we may have to keep everybody just to keep continuity into next year. Nothing worse than disrupting the team with strange coaching moves.....we got a dose of that in Hattiesburg.....I don't want more of that to deal with. We've had a pretty darn amazing year as it is......and I did not expect to even be playing in the Tourney the way things started off and developed. Cohen may want to sit down with a bunch of the players privately, and see what they think about our current coaching staff and what kind of vibes they got during the year after Canny.

Dear God you people need to step back from the ledge... because the top talked about candidate pulls his hat out of the ring.. the sky is falling. NO IT'S NOT. Do you not remember John said multiple times he has been surprised the number of Top Level coaches have reached out to him with interest. Schloss wasn't the only Candidate that fit the bill John kept laying out (Multiple CWS appearance appearances, championships...)

The Field will be down to 16 teams after today. Could our next HC still be in that field? Quite Possibly. We will all need to wait and see how this plays out. It's going to be a BIG part of John's legacy and that Intense Bastard is gonna get the job done.

MarketingBully
06-04-2018, 09:26 AM
I think we should go after two guys: 1) Give McDonnell an offer he can’t refuse and get it done. Backup plan go and get Godwin. Imo he’s the next Schlossnagle/McDonnell and he’s going to be a star in the SEC.

preachermatt83
06-04-2018, 09:36 AM
LOL Preacher you are close on the spelling. No worries! :cool:

Haha!! Man I've spelled it three different ways every time i try to spell it.

preachermatt83
06-04-2018, 09:37 AM
I think we should go after two guys: 1) Give McDonnell an offer he can’t refuse and get it done. Backup plan go and get Godwin. Imo he’s the next Schlossnagle/McDonnell and he’s going to be a star in the SEC.

I agree with this. I would however try Tadlock before godwin but after that I'd look godwin or monte

yjnkdawg
06-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Haha!! Man I've spelled it three different ways every time i try to spell it.

LOL I have to confess. I did a copy and paste. Works every time, if "you have a reliable source" for the correct spelling. :cool:

preachermatt83
06-04-2018, 11:13 AM
LOL I have to confess. I did a copy and paste. Works every time, if "you have a reliable source" for the correct spelling. :cool:

Iswydt

yjnkdawg
06-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Iswydt

LOL Yeah, but that quote wasn't directed at you. I just thought it kind of fit in with my comment, and the way the board has been trending.