PDA

View Full Version : Monte Lee's Season Ended Today Too

confucius say
06-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Just saying. He fits all of the criteria listed by Cohen also.

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 10:38 PM
I would like that hire

BuckyIsAB****
06-03-2018, 10:48 PM
He'd be a good hire too. I personally think its McDonnell but I trust Cohen regardless.

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 10:49 PM
Cohen better get this right

mparkerfd20
06-03-2018, 10:49 PM
Just saying. He fits all of the criteria listed by Cohen also.

No he doesn't. No multiple CWS appearances. It won't be Monte Lee

BuckyIsAB****
06-03-2018, 10:55 PM
Cohen better get this right

he will

Pit Bull
06-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Not likely to happen.....but what if Hendy took our team to a CWS Championship.....now that would certainly throw the proverbial monkey wrench into the Bulldog engine. I would almost have to give him a one or two year contract, or a series of one year contracts depending on performance, and see if he can keep us at that level.....if not, then go get that young upcoming stud coach. You would think though that McDonnell would come back to Mississippi since he's been here before.....unless he and his family like the bright lights of Louisville too much. As much as I hate to say it....Starkvegas is a bit of a downside when it comes to attracting coaches from larger metro areas.

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 11:09 PM

He didn't say as HC. Lee has been as assistant.

confucius say
06-03-2018, 11:23 PM

He went to Omaha twice while at USCe. I'm not saying he will be the guy. But he fits what Cohen described.

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 11:37 PM
He went to Omaha twice while at USCe. I'm not saying he will be the guy. But he fits what Cohen described.

Yup

BrunswickDawg
06-04-2018, 06:10 AM
Not likely to happen.....but what if Hendy took our team to a CWS Championship.....now that would certainly throw the proverbial monkey wrench into the Bulldog engine. I would almost have to give him a one or two year contract, or a series of one year contracts depending on performance, and see if he can keep us at that level.....if not, then go get that young upcoming stud coach. You would think though that McDonnell would come back to Mississippi since he's been here before.....unless he and his family like the bright lights of Louisville too much. As much as I hate to say it....Starkvegas is a bit of a downside when it comes to attracting coaches from larger metro areas.
We may already have that young stud coach on the bench in Jake.... lock him in as the HC in waiting

Cooterpoot
06-04-2018, 06:16 AM
Id take Butch over Monte. And I don’t really want Butch.

MarketingBully
06-04-2018, 06:34 AM
Id take Butch over Monte. And I don’t really want Butch.

I was watching Dan McDonnell’s press conference after they lost to Texas Tech last night and although I know it was the end of their season he was more emotional then I’ve seen him in an end season press conference. It may be nothing but if we offer him anything like what we supposedly were offering Schlossnagle we could easily get him imo. I think he realizes he’s done all he can do there and with the new AD he’s practically going to have to continue to do more with less.