PDA

View Full Version : Everyone that said Schloss was a done deal need to be called out.

MaroonFlounder
06-03-2018, 09:27 PM
In reality. You guys don?t know shit.

MagicDawg
06-03-2018, 09:38 PM
The board will melt from now until the announcement.

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Agreed.

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 09:39 PM
I'm convinced no one on here knows squat anymore

KOdawg1
06-03-2018, 09:39 PM
I'm normally not one to shoot down messengers, but I agree.

Lord McBuckethead
06-03-2018, 09:41 PM
Where is BrickCitydawg?

MaroonFlounder
06-03-2018, 09:42 PM
I think it was Marketing Bully that was so certain it was Schloss.

RocketDawg
06-03-2018, 09:43 PM
It always pays to take whatever those "in the know" say with a grain of salt. If someone claims to have inside information and be in the know, they most likely don't and are not.

RezDog7
06-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Where is BrickCitydawg?

He’s busy shooting bricks in his driveway.

MarketingBully
06-03-2018, 09:46 PM
I think it was Marketing Bully that was so certain it was Schloss.

This shit isn’t on me. I was going by what everyone else was going on and reading the signs. I never said I had inside sources but it’s obvious that this Athletic Department set up a smokescreen for Schloss and now we know it’s someone else. I’ve always wanted McDonnell personally.

Jarius
06-03-2018, 09:48 PM

Most information on here comes from 247 and is repackaged to make it look like there is a source. It?s comical, but some people just want you to think they have ?sources?.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Most information on here comes from 247 and is repackaged to make it look like there is a source. It?s comical, but some people just want you to think they have ?sources?.

You can have the best source in the world but if someone changes their mind after weighing it over, that doesn't mean your source is wrong. We are dealing with human beings here.

Hambone
06-03-2018, 09:57 PM
I just love how adamant people are about knowing things are a done deal.

mparkerfd20
06-03-2018, 09:59 PM
**** Schloss with a rusty pipe

CadaverDawg
06-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Supposedly he had told recruits he was our new coach. If true, that's some BS on his part. That being said, I hope Cohen doesn't F this up

msstate7
06-03-2018, 10:01 PM
You can have the best source in the world but if someone changes their mind after weighing it over, that doesn't mean your source is wrong. We are dealing with human beings here.

Yep. I think our side believed it was schloss bc cohen believed it. We got left at the altar. Thinking we have been negotiating today with McDonnell is ridiculous imo... Louisville is playing today. I say no way of the schloss, McDonnell, and Corbin group. Cohen is gonna look foolish for those multiple CWS comments

Todd4State
06-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Supposedly he had told recruits he was our new coach. If true, that's some BS on his part. That being said, I hope Cohen doesn't F this up

I'm not sure that is true.

People just need to chill out and let this play out. (Not you Cadaver- just people in general.)

maroonmania
06-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Anyone who thinks ANY coaching hire is a done deal until the coach is at the press conference being introduced as coach should know better. ESPECIALLY if you are trying to hire another sitting P5 HC who is popular at his current school. This is new territory for us, Mullen and Moorhead and Cannizaro were all assistants. Howland was out of a coaching job altogether. While our baseball job is a good one its no easy deal pulling a big time HC from another P5 school and we shouldn't expect it to be. That's why calling it a 'done deal' was never in the cards until the announcement. We've never had to deal with a situation where the guy we are trying to hire for our HC job is getting a major counteroffer from the other side.

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Yep. I think our side believed it was schloss bc cohen believed it. We got left at the altar. Thinking we have been negotiating today with McDonnell is ridiculous imo... Louisville is playing today. I say no way of the schloss, McDonnell, and Corbin group. Cohen is gonna look foolish for those multiple CWS comments

I'm leaning this way too.

Homedawg

Signed, the biggest dumbass predictor on this board- sincerely it will be Tadlock- slash it was him until Schlossnagle because Stephen head told me all this. Why don’t you preach and just shut up!!!

Ifyouonlyknew
Hey guys I was wrong I'll wear it. For my punishment I won't post until our postseason run is over & new coach is hired. I'm sorry I mislead you guys & I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.

msstate7
06-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Hey guys I was wrong I'll wear it. For my punishment I won't post until our postseason run is over & new coach is hired. I'm sorry I mislead you guys & I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.

Jeez... stop it! No one wants you to quit posting. Hell, if no one has been wrong here it's bc they have like 3 posts

KOdawg1
06-03-2018, 10:11 PM

It's okay Dan, it's not the first time you've mislead us **

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 10:12 PM

Dude that's punishment for us, not you. Don't ever apologize for missing a call. Nobody is perfect.

KOdawg1
06-03-2018, 10:14 PM

In all seriousness, you're right like 97% of the time. It's some of these others that claim to know shit but don't know shit that people are ticked at. You're good

Goldendawg
06-03-2018, 10:15 PM

You more than makeup for an occasional miss with your recruiting info in football. Stay right where you are.

bobcat91
I'm not backing off what I know. He agreed in principle and backed out. Funny guys who truly dont know shit can't wait to be on the bandwagon calling guys out. Thanks for never bringing a damn thing to the board

preachermatt83
Signed, the biggest dumbass predictor on this board- sincerely it will be Tadlock- slash it was him until Schlossnagle because Stephen head told me all this. Why don?t you preach and just shut up!!!

Dude your obsession with me is starting to rub me the wrong way. Everyone knows who I am. I don't hide behind a screen name like you do. Why don't you come from behind the shadows of your mothers basement and be a man. Or how bout you just shut up.

msstate7
06-03-2018, 10:17 PM
I'm not backing off what I know. He agreed in principle and backed out. Funny guys who truly dont know shit can't wait to be on the bandwagon calling guys out. Thanks for never bringing a damn thing to the board

This is most plausible explanation to me, and why I think people predicting McDonnell is just crazy. We thought we had schloss. You don't back in to a guy like McDonnell

MarketingBully
06-03-2018, 10:18 PM

Hell no, you’re posting damn it! We love you here. Just because some in our fanbase are assholes and can’t wait for people to be wrong doesn’t mean you need to quit posting. There were some in our fanbase that couldn’t wait for this to be wrong so they could gloat and call people out. That’s one of the reasons why we don’t win anything at a high level. It’s because our fanbase does this I told you so shit and we don’t all pull in the same direction. Long story short you are one of the best posters on this board. Please continue to post!

confucius say
06-03-2018, 10:22 PM
1. Schloss agreed in principle and we waited too damn long to finalize and it bit us in the ass.

2. Schloss was a smokescreen like Rosebowl implied on the Boneyard and Cohen had his man all along.

Knowing John Cohen, it's hard for me to believe he dropped the ball and waited too long to finalize the deal. Possible, and Cohen will kick himself if he waited just to prevent a distraction and it blew up on him.

Homedawg
06-03-2018, 10:23 PM
Dude your obsession with me is starting to rub me the wrong way. Everyone knows who I am. I don't hide behind a screen name like you do. Why don't you come from behind the shadows of your mothers basement and be a man. Or how bout you just shut up.

I’m not obsessed w you I’m obsessed w your stupid ass. Predict shit like a ****tard and miss. No foul. But to call people out when they do, you jump them. Get over yourself deal with it. And as far as saying who you are, if you are a preacher at longino,you are a joke. Period. Carry on. Only thing you are worse at than preaching is posting.

msstate7
06-03-2018, 10:25 PM
1. Schloss agreed in principle and we waited too damn long to finalize and it bit us in the ass.

2. Schloss was a smokescreen like Rosebowl implied on the Boneyard and Cohen had his man all along.

Knowing John Cohen, it's hard for me to believe he dropped the ball and waited too long to finalize the deal. Possible, and Cohen will kick himself if he waited just to prevent a distraction and it blew up on him.

Why would schloss no comment and retweet stuff on Twitter if he wasn't serious? I'm not buying the 2nd theory. I think schloss just changed his mind or played us for more money from tcu

Goldendawg
06-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Sly "Doome" is available. May be bi-vocational!****

TALL DAWG
06-03-2018, 10:28 PM

Hail to Maroon Flounder!! Lots of eggs to go around on lots of faces on this deal.

confucius say
06-03-2018, 10:29 PM
Why would schloss no comment and retweet stuff on Twitter if he wasn't serious? I'm not buying the 2nd theory. I think schloss just changed his mind or played us for more money from tcu

Good point. Unless Cohen led him to believe he was the guy and really it was McD all along. If you want the smokescreen to work, you have to have the guy who is the smoke sold. I have no inside info, just thinking out loud. We will see.

AlSwearengen
06-03-2018, 10:29 PM
I hope this Schlossnagle thing was a grand smokescreen plot by cohen and all of our ?connected? posters.

If not and Schlossnagle was contacting our recruits, I hope his dick falls off.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-03-2018, 10:30 PM
lol I'm not going anywhere. You guys get what you pay for with me & that's free info. Sometimes I'm wrong it happens. I went all in on the Schlossnagle info I was getting even though I had heard info saying otherwise. We'll know shortly & I still think everyone will be happy.

mparkerfd20
06-03-2018, 10:34 PM
I’m not obsessed w you I’m obsessed w your stupid ass. Predict shit like a ****tard and miss. No foul. But to call people out when they do, you jump them. Get over yourself deal with it. And as far as saying who you are, if you are a preacher at longino,you are a joke. Period. Carry on. Only thing you are worse at than preaching is posting.

This guy gets it.

mstatefan91
06-03-2018, 10:35 PM
lol I'm not going anywhere. You guys get what you pay for with me & that's free info. Sometimes I'm wrong it happens. I went all in on the Schlossnagle info I was getting even though I had heard info saying otherwise. We'll know shortly & I still think everyone will be happy.

GoOn.gif

Goldendawg

Hey IYOK, you're ok. Even my 1st wife made a few mistakes. ......... Wait a minute, never mind!

Commercecomet24
I just got in, been doing showcase ball in Birmingham all weekend. Very interesting stuff going on. Interesting too see how this plays out. And you're right about schloss because I know he's contacted recruits.

confucius say
06-03-2018, 10:40 PM

Do you think Schloss had a change of heart or that it was somebody else all along?

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 10:41 PM

You can come see me anytime. I'd love to talk with ya.

KOdawg1
06-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Signed, the biggest dumbass predictor on this board- sincerely it will be Tadlock- slash it was him until Schlossnagle because Stephen head told me all this. Why don?t you preach and just shut up!!!

Dude, lay the 17 off

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2018, 10:43 PM

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

BrunswickDawg
06-03-2018, 10:46 PM
Nothing with a coach ever surprises me. Look how many over the years have had actual press conferences at schools and then changed their minds and stayed - Bobby Cremins, Greg Marshall, Billy Donovan, Dana Altman, and our own Rick Stansbury in basketball; Gene Stephensen did it to Oklahoma in baseball, Bill Belichek did to the Jets; Glen Mason did it to UGA.

Shit happens

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 10:46 PM
Dude, lay the 17 off

Thanks bud

Homedawg
06-03-2018, 10:49 PM
Dude, lay the 17 off

Oh so it’s ok for him to call people out and I can’t call him out ? Gotcha. Sure.

Todd4State
06-03-2018, 10:49 PM
Nothing with a coach ever surprises me. Look how many over the years have had actual press conferences at schools and then changed their minds and stayed - Bobby Cremins, Greg Marshall, Billy Donovan, Dana Altman, and our own Rick Stansbury in basketball; Gene Stephensen did it to Oklahoma in baseball, Bill Belichek did to the Jets; Glen Mason did it to UGA.

Shit happens

It happens in the working world all the time too.

Homedawg
06-03-2018, 10:51 PM
I just got in, been doing showcase ball in Birmingham all weekend. Very interesting stuff going on. Interesting too see how this plays out. And you're right about schloss because I know he's contacted recruits.

Well if he did, don’t tell it if it, if it was signees, that would be illegal.

Bdawg
06-03-2018, 11:10 PM

I find it hard to believe Cohen screwed the pooch. If he was "the man" I believe Cohen would have had that contract there for him to sign as soon as he could. I mean TCU hasn't been long finishing up there season either. But the contract could have already been signed and just waited on the announcement till the appropriate time, looks like to me. Maybe Schloss got wet feet or was just playing us for a raise. IDK

Jack Lambert
06-03-2018, 11:13 PM
I know who it is but I am not saying until it is announced.

preachermatt83
06-03-2018, 11:15 PM

Ha!! Dude your inbox is abt to get FLOODED!!

deadheaddawg
06-03-2018, 11:16 PM

I have been hearing the same guy.

Dallas_Dawg
06-03-2018, 11:21 PM
I have been hearing the same guy.
He and his wife were looking at property at Old Waverly

Irondawg
06-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Well if indeed he did agree in principal and then changed his mind he wasn't the right guy to begin with. We've been able to do our search for month so he had plenty of time to gather all the info he needed on Starkville.

Whatever happened, I still think we'll all be happy in the end. Cohen isn't going to rush a decision like this a second time.

TUSK
06-04-2018, 01:18 AM

Until I hear a coach come out and say, "OK, aight... I'll say it. Aight. I'm NOT going to be the MSU Baseball Coach.", I won't believe you've got your guy...

Bully13
06-04-2018, 08:06 AM

Please don't stop IYOK. Shit happens man. We'll all know WTF happened on this deal soon. Please continue to keep us informed.

Steakonastick
06-04-2018, 08:19 AM
Well I can admit I was wrong. Something happened this weekend when sloss was in Starkville. So the people saying this was a smoke screen are in denial. I’m hoping by the end of the day I’ll hear what caused this. Oh well on to the next one.

WPDawg
06-04-2018, 08:40 AM
Prospective coaching hires are interesting to discuss but it aint a deal til Cohen says it is done. Family happiness is a big deal and rural Mississippi is not for everyone. Especially with kid's attached. Bad press from the media puts us in a negative slight when it comes down to it and til you live in the Magnolia State and see the wealth of good people here it is probably harder for outsiders to just jump in. If they spent more than a day or two here on a fly in and fly out, I think their perspective would change a whole lot but the kid's happiness thing probably sways a lot of thought.

Anyhow, I trust in Cohen to make a strong hire. I know there are many misgivings from some of the LL Bleacher parents here on how Henderson has coached this year but I think his calmness, steadiness and experience has provided what this year's team needed to place us where we are today. So good job by Cohen by having him on staff and whatever JC decides going forward will probably be good for MSU.

GO Dawgs! Let's grab this game today and host a SR!

Token Bammer
06-04-2018, 09:26 AM
https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ScoobaDawg again.

Dawgology
06-04-2018, 09:36 AM
It always pays to take whatever those "in the know" say with a grain of salt. If someone claims to have inside information and be in the know, they most likely don't and are not.

This exactly. Typically those that know keep their mouth closed and/or only talk to a handful of people they know won't say anything.

Matty Dispatch
06-04-2018, 09:41 AM
It's kind of stupid to want to call out people for sharing what they know (or think they know) on message boards. That's the point of message boards and if you aren't taking it with a grain of salt that's on you. Most people who are truly in the know do not post on message boards, or if they do they don't divulge the info. The folks who rush to message boards to post some info they have are typically getting it second or third hand and their immaturity in wanting to have message board cred for starting a thread with the info is what compels them to share it. The most reliable message board sources are usually the info that comes out in responses to the thread - that person didn't jump up and down to tell everyone, they just shared it when it was brought up.

shoeless joe
06-04-2018, 09:48 AM
The most important aspect in all of this....preacher was actually right on his "shloss said no" thread a few days ago!! Talk about the ultimate troll job!!! Congratulations

BulldogBear
06-04-2018, 09:54 AM
It's kind of stupid to want to call out people for sharing what they know (or think they know) on message boards. That's the point of message boards and if you aren't taking it with a grain of salt that's on you. Most people who are truly in the know do not post on message boards, or if they do they don't divulge the info. The folks who rush to message boards to post some info they have are typically getting it second or third hand and their immaturity in wanting to have message board cred for starting a thread with the info is what compels them to share it. The most reliable message board sources are usually the info that comes out in responses to the thread - that person didn't jump up and down to tell everyone, they just shared it when it was brought up.

This^

Whatever the reason it isn't Schloss is Schloss's and Cohen's business. Just as long as nobody banged a student, staff member, or somebody else's wife this weekend then there'a probably no foul.

OneArmSteve
06-04-2018, 09:57 AM
Well I can admit I was wrong. Something happened this weekend when sloss was in Starkville. So the people saying this was a smoke screen are in denial. I?m hoping by the end of the day I?ll hear what caused this. Oh well on to the next one.

Hey man, it happens. Keep on sharing what you know, and I think we would all be interested to know what transpired over the weekend. In the case of Schloss being a done deal, there were multiple posters (who seem to be fairly reliable most of the time) saying the same stuff. If it wasn't true, it seems that someone or someones was trying to make sure the info got out there that the hire was a "done deal."

msstate7
06-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Well I can admit I was wrong. Something happened this weekend when sloss was in Starkville. So the people saying this was a smoke screen are in denial. I’m hoping by the end of the day I’ll hear what caused this. Oh well on to the next one.

You're one of the best baseball insiders we have here. Keep sharing... I still believe you guys were on it, but schloss just left us at the end

parabrave
06-04-2018, 10:00 AM
He and his wife were looking at property at Old Waverly

Has DMs real estate agent contacted them***

BuckyIsAB****
06-04-2018, 10:10 AM
I just dont think its very likely that Schloss would be in Stark with Cohen in Tally along with everybody else in the baseball program.

Dawgology
06-04-2018, 10:27 AM
Sometimes info is floated out to different people to find leaks in the ship.

preachermatt83
06-04-2018, 11:15 AM
The most important aspect in all of this....preacher was actually right on his "shloss said no" thread a few days ago!! Talk about the ultimate troll job!!! Congratulations

Inset ric flair walk gif here

Offshore Dawg
06-04-2018, 11:23 AM
Lots of "VCASH" riding on this sure bet. I may be glad I had a problem with reading comprehension and thought It was bet by 1:00 in the afternoon instead of 1:00 the night before, and the window was closed

Commercecomet24
06-04-2018, 03:08 PM
I'm here. Y'all kick me in the nuts. I don't know schloss personally so I was getting info from multiple sources who were right about Cann being hired and Cohen taking the AD job. They not sure what happened right now either. I do know schloss made some Dick moves on his part. I'm confident Cohen has a great backup plan in place. My sincere apologies. I sucked on this.

Commercecomet24
06-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Well I can admit I was wrong. Something happened this weekend when sloss was in Starkville. So the people saying this was a smoke screen are in denial. I?m hoping by the end of the day I?ll hear what caused this. Oh well on to the next one.

This.

Political Hack
06-04-2018, 03:31 PM

Everyone knew we offered Schloss. Outside of TCU people and his family, I'm not sure how anyone would know 100% that he'd take it. They could be be told that it looks good, but that doesn't need mean it's final.

DownwardDawg
06-04-2018, 03:33 PM

This is always the board excuse. Nobody here knows shit. Including me. I?ve been a member since day 1 so I?m family. We suck at sources. My dubmass told people about Schloss because I was so confident after reading here everyday.
Personally, I?ve always hoped it would be McDonald but Schloss was great too. I?m gonna bet it ends up being Henderson. He took over an impossible situation and led us to a Super Regional. It?s gonna be him. Very underwhelming but all I care about is winning.

DownwardDawg
06-04-2018, 03:37 PM
No way Schloss was is Starkville this weekend unless he just wanted some Lil Dooey’s. Cohen and the entire athletic dept is in Tallahassee.

BuckyIsAB****
06-04-2018, 03:37 PM
This is always the board excuse. Nobody here knows shit. Including me. I?ve been a member since day 1 so I?m family. We suck at sources. My dubmass told people about Schloss because I was so confident after reading here everyday.
Personally, I?ve always hoped it would be McDonald but Schloss was great too. I?m gonna bet it ends up being Henderson. He took over an impossible situation and led us to a Super Regional. It?s gonna be him. Very underwhelming but all I care about is winning.

Its not gonna be Gary. You can have all my vcash if its Gary

deadheaddawg
06-04-2018, 04:18 PM
If your source tells you it's a done deal, but the coach hasn't made up his mind.
...then the source is wrong.

DanDority
06-04-2018, 04:58 PM
Which is why a asked in the bet your ass thread, why has this been closed when there hasn't been an announcement yet?