PDA

View Full Version : If we win twice and Vandy holds on, do we host over Commodores?

dawg93
06-03-2018, 05:51 PM
We would have taken out the higher seed and both of us are two seeds. Facilities not even comparable. What do ya'll think?

MarketingBully
06-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Yes.

Bully13
06-03-2018, 05:55 PM
1. I thought facilities and $$ no longer was a factor. amiwrongorrite?

2. I just saw a camera focus in on Vandy fan after the comodeores went yard and I'm reminded again of why I hate Vandy.

MarketingBully
06-03-2018, 06:02 PM
1. I thought facilities and $$ no longer was a factor. amiwrongorrite?

2. I just saw a camera focus in on Vandy fan after the comodeores went yard and I'm reminded again of why I hate Vandy.

It does when both 1 seeds are gone from a regional. In fact, Oklahoma could possibly host over Vandy. It’s not the higher seed. We were the 3 and Clemson the 2 in 2007.

ChillOutDog
06-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Unless the NCAA takes the opportunity to socially signal regarding the state flag.

Bully13
06-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Unless the NCAA takes the opportunity to socially signal regarding the state flag.

Nathan Bedford Forrest is from TN. So there's that. will that help?

Dawg61
06-03-2018, 06:09 PM

Yup we 17ed. Vandy will host.

RocketDawg
06-03-2018, 06:12 PM
Nathan Bedford Forrest is from TN. So there's that. will that help?

Could they ever host in Forrest County for the same reason?

The KKK was started in Pulaski, and I believe one of OM's QBs was from there.

Bully13
06-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Yup we 17ed. Vandy will host.

And 61 spanks the monkey.

Dawg61
06-03-2018, 06:24 PM
And 61 spanks the monkey.

Nope I am not a fan of my school getting punished over something the State has control over. You're a jackass for insinuating I would be.

Quaoarsking
06-03-2018, 06:35 PM
There is no "state flag" flying anywhere on the Mississippi State campus, so it won't be an issue.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-03-2018, 07:02 PM
We were the 3.

No.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2018, 07:05 PM
It does when both 1 seeds are gone from a regional. In fact, Oklahoma could possibly host over Vandy. It’s not the higher seed. We were the 3 and Clemson the 2 in 2007.

This is INCORRECT. We were both the 2, we won the bid and will always win the bid.. and YES that still factors in
We win these 2. we are hosting

Liverpooldawg
06-03-2018, 08:00 PM
Nope I am not a fan of my school getting punished over something the State has control over. You're a jackass for insinuating I would be.

He is closer to the truth than you will ever admit.

Liverpooldawg
06-03-2018, 08:02 PM
We have a long way to go before it matters but CAN we host? If the Dude construction is still in the same shape it was the last shots I saw I don't think we COULD host.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2018, 08:22 PM
We have a long way to go before it matters but CAN we host? If the Dude construction is still in the same shape it was the last shots I saw I don't think we COULD host.
What do you mean by that... we had a functional stadium to start the year.

BeardoMSU
06-03-2018, 08:26 PM
There is no "state flag" flying anywhere on the Mississippi State campus, so it won't be an issue.

Does that include the Wise and Hunter Henry? Because those were still up not long ago.

BeardoMSU
06-03-2018, 08:27 PM

Even under construction, the crowd capacity would still crush Vandy's.

Liverpooldawg
06-03-2018, 08:48 PM
What do you mean by that... we had a functional stadium to start the year.

There is a LOT of work going on.

Dawg61
06-03-2018, 08:53 PM
He is closer to the truth than you will ever admit.

No he isn't. You're like a fat kid at KFC whenever any poli bait gets spewed on this board.

Gutter Cobreh
06-03-2018, 09:02 PM
This is INCORRECT. We were both the 2, we won the bid and will always win the bid.. and YES that still factors in
We win these 2. we are hosting

I thought since FSU was a higher national seed versus Clemson + us and Vandy both being a 2 seeds within our regionals - we would host the Super. Is that incorrect? (Also, lots of baseball left to play so not assuming we advance so as to not jinx our mojo)

No he isn't. You're like a fat kid at KFC whenever any poli bait gets spewed on this board.

Funny and true!

Pit Bull
06-03-2018, 09:20 PM
Hard to say......but after watching how the NCAA handled Ole Miss's infraction's case, I don't have the warm and fuzzies on anything. Vandy probably already has their battalion of attorneys petitioning the NCAA about our racial past, flags, etc and no one countering for us.

Quaoarsking
06-03-2018, 09:37 PM
I thought since FSU was a higher national seed versus Clemson + us and Vandy both being a 2 seeds within our regionals - we would host the Super. Is that incorrect? (Also, lots of baseball left to play so not assuming we advance so as to not jinx our mojo)

It's not correct. It's whoever the Committee feels is the "higher" seed. Teams are assigned to Regionals based on a lot of factors like geography and preventing conference matchups, so you there's no fair way to have a hard rule like that.

Quaoarsking
06-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Hard to say......but after watching how the NCAA handled Ole Miss's infraction's case, I don't have the warm and fuzzies on anything. Vandy probably already has their battalion of attorneys petitioning the NCAA about our racial past, flags, etc and no one countering for us.

It won't take that. If you ignore the $$ and just look at our resumes, we're not a slam dunk at all to host over Vandy.

Liverpooldawg
06-04-2018, 08:53 AM

I see you haven't changed a bit. That's why I don't go back to your playground.

Liverpooldawg
06-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Even under construction, the crowd capacity would still crush Vandy's.

Some of the stuff I saw made it look like a lot of what we were using in the concourse in the stands was being used to stage construction on the upper deck. That might could be moved. Things aren't like they were before the last game. It's ramped up a lot. I think it's a legit question. Let's hope it's not a moot point after today. It would be a nice problem to have.

yjnkdawg
06-04-2018, 09:30 AM

The stadium construction is a non-factor. Now if there was a safety issue, concerning the condition of the Dude then that would be a major issue with the NCAA.

Homedawg
06-04-2018, 10:34 AM
It does when both 1 seeds are gone from a regional. In fact, Oklahoma could possibly host over Vandy. It?s not the higher seed. We were the 3 and Clemson the 2 in 2007.

Wrong about OU, unless vandy didn't put a bid in to host, wrong about higher seed, and wrong about 2007, but 0-3 ain't bad.

Dawg61
06-04-2018, 10:50 AM
I see you haven't changed a bit. That's why I don't go back to your playground.

Why would I change for you Liverpool? Take it or leave it. Looks like you'll leave it which does me a favor. Thanks

Liverpooldawg
06-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Why would I change for you Liverpool? Take it or leave it. Looks like you'll leave it which does me a favor. Thanks

LOL, it DOES do you a favor! LOL!!!!!