PDA

View Full Version : Hope we don't lose Cory Thomas over these stupid recruiting sanctions...

maroonmania
10-09-2013, 01:45 PM
apparently he visited TN over the weekend (we couldn't allow any visitors) and has now tweeted that TN leads for him. We need to hold onto him.

BeastMan
10-09-2013, 01:47 PM
UT looking like they could fill up first. I'm not worried with him yet

msstate7
10-09-2013, 02:00 PM
This is great. He goes on a visit the weekend Tennessee almost upsets Georgia. I bet neyland was rocking. Then he probably checks the scores and sees we get raped by lsu (looking at final only). We're probably gonna have a tough time getting him to sign with us unless we start winning some games.

BeastMan
10-09-2013, 02:02 PM
That was UT's last gasp msstate7. UT scores will be awful all year long. UT game scores are the least of our worries

msstate7
10-09-2013, 02:08 PM
That was UT's last gasp msstate7. UT scores will be awful all year long. UT game scores are the least of our worries

I don't think ut is on the brink of becoming great, but Cory saw them almost beat an sec power. Sure Georgia was coming off emotional win and had severe injury issues, but will a kid see that? Butch jones is telling him that if we had a couple more players like you that we can beat Georgia. Butch jones is also putting together a great class so I've gotta respect his sales pitch. I may have nothing to worry about, but I'm worried. Didnt he hold off committing bc of his parents? Obviously his parents would rather him go elsewhere.

HancockCountyDog
10-09-2013, 02:10 PM

People put way too much stock in W/L's when it comes to recruiting.

Look at UK, the bears, and UT. Id say 80% comes down to the assistant coaches and how 'aggressive' they are with recruits. I've said for months that Thomas' recruitment worried the hell out of me, he has wanted to commit to us for months, but someone or something wasn't letting him. This development doesn't surprise me. Im sure he will be pumped for our game against UK. Thanks Bracky.

mic
10-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah once we didn't get his commitment this summer that hurt us.
But there is plenty of time to right the ship.. Once he gets back on campus with other commits that will be huge..
The "parent' stuff is a huge concern.. We all usually know how that turns out..

msstate7
10-09-2013, 02:18 PM
People put way too much stock in W/L's when it comes to recruiting.

Look at UK, the bears, and UT.

All new coaches. When a team has an established coach and he's not winning, I think it plays a larger role than you think. Butch jones can say I just got here and almost beat Georgia. Dan Mullen has to explain why we're struggling to get 6 wins in year 5

Coach34
10-09-2013, 02:21 PM
We are still very much in this race.

CadaverDawg
10-09-2013, 05:36 PM
We are still very much in this race.

He would be a very good get. Tennessee is showing him tons of love on twitter and have for months. Ours haven't....Thanks Bracky **

sbcmortgageman
10-09-2013, 07:42 PM
apparently he visited TN over the weekend (we couldn't allow any visitors) and has now tweeted that TN leads for him. We need to hold onto him.

UT not as big a favorite as he claims. Some of if is the "hype" himself and grab a little attention.

RougeDawg
10-09-2013, 10:29 PM
He would be a very good get. Tennessee is showing him tons of love on twitter and have for months. Ours haven't....Thanks Bracky **

Speaking of the twitters and our piece of **** compliance department, did anyone see what was tweeted toward @inleftfieldlounge(I believe) on Sunday? He tweeted at some baseball recruits that he hoped they enjoyed their visit. I believe @stevesmith replied and told him that our fans shouldn't be tweeting at recruits. Wtf? Every other fan base does it. Why do we have such morons in compliance.

FISHDAWG
10-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Speaking of the twitters and our piece of **** compliance department, did anyone see what was tweeted toward @inleftfieldlounge(I believe) on Sunday? He tweeted at some baseball recruits that he hoped they enjoyed their visit. I believe @stevesmith replied and told him that our fans shouldn't be tweeting at recruits. Wtf? Every other fan base does it. Why do we have such morons in compliance.

I saw that ... try selling that BS to the Rebel faithful and see what happens ... these recruits want to hear from the potential fanbases - I'm totally convinced of that

DiligenceDawg
10-10-2013, 08:52 AM

I didn't notice that one but worry not... We have many accounts that tweet daily, often quite a bit more, at several recruits. Some other schools may "show love" more than we do on Twitter but we do it plenty. Having Elijah to kick start the campaigns doesn't hurt.

smootness
10-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Who is @stevesmith? Is that just a random fan? What does that have to do with our compliance department?

FISHDAWG
10-10-2013, 08:59 AM
He wants to follow M Humphrey - but I don't know if he has an offer from bama or not

engie
10-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Who is @stevesmith? Is that just a random fan? What does that have to do with our compliance department?

http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=3628660

smootness
10-10-2013, 10:52 AM

Oh. Haha, thanks for the link.

RougeDawg
10-10-2013, 11:37 AM

Good God! Now I understand why the ncaa shits all over bracky. Never seen a pic of him, but he looks like he'd be better suited checking out books in Mitchell Memorial. His appearance alone, should be enough for the powers at be to give him a pink slip. A lot of my questions about our sanctions for Redmond were answered by one picture.

chef dixon
10-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Hold on to him? didn't know he was committed

Barking 13
10-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Good God! Now I understand why the ncaa shits all over bracky. Never seen a pic of him, but he looks like he'd be better suited checking out books in Mitchell Memorial. His appearance alone, should be enough for the powers at be to give him a pink slip. A lot of my questions about our sanctions for Redmond were answered by one picture.

+1