PDA

View Full Version : Are we going after any of these guys?

CadaverDawg
10-09-2013, 01:20 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?w=1dcep&storyId=9786344&i=cfb&co=eVar44-shared;events-event31

I think we have two commits on this list, but It would make me feel a lot better if we added another JUCO o-Lineman and maybe a good JUCO CB. I think we are missing the boat by not putting more effort towards the JUCO best players each year. I don't want a team full of juco's, but Jackie proved that we can get the best out of JUCO every year if we try hard.

I know we are after a few, but with so many of these guys in the State of MS....we have got to beat out the Big boys on JUCO studs, because they shouldn't be able to offer as much immediate playing time as us. ZaDarius Smith, Toby Johnson, Rumph, etc...are huge misses that we need to start capitalizing on IMO.

Dawgfan77
10-09-2013, 02:11 PM
At MSU I have always thought you sign 5 or 6 JUCO's a year there is just to much talent not sign them. You don't want to get to where you sign more than that due to class balance. Dan has done a pretty good job so far in JC recruiting

CadaverDawg
10-09-2013, 02:17 PM
At MSU I have always thought you sign 5 or 6 JUCO's a year there is just to much talent not sign them. You don't want to get to where you sign more than that due to class balance. Dan has done a pretty good job so far in JC recruiting

I agree that he has done a decent job. And when I think back to Autry, Cox,etc, I may be being too harsh on our "stud JUCO" recruiting. I guess I am overall more frustrated about our OLine recruiting more than anything. First off, how the hell does a SEC team not recruit OLinemen better than we are out of high school. Especially a run oriented program like we are traditionally. And secondly, once we don't have a great OLine group as depth, how are we unable to get better guys than Trapp, Holley, and Siddoway out of JUCO? We typically offer one starting spot for a JUCO OLineman every single year, and we STILL can't get a 4 or 5 star OLineman to take it out of Juco. Seems it would take some shitty recruiting to fail at that position IMO.

Hell, I feel like if you gave me a list of the top 5 OLineman in JUCO right now, I could have one committed to us within a month. Offering a starting spot in the SEC in your first year out of JUCO, and we can't get anything above average to commit? I just find it odd

hailmari
10-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Good point. We have a couple good ones committed now, but we're apparently not in the running with any of the well knowns.

I'd lose it if we got the big OT, Blair, from Kansas.

Dawgfan77
10-09-2013, 02:54 PM
OL is the hardest position to recruit. If its two stars or 5 stars its all about development. I do think we are behind in development under Hev.

Barking 13
10-09-2013, 03:09 PM
OL is the hardest position to recruit. If its two stars or 5 stars its all about development. I do think we are behind in development under Hev.

x100

ETA: OL vs. DL under Turner... in less than a year... given better talent, but, just sayin....