PDA

View Full Version : When will the announcement occur?

dawgoneyall
06-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Tonight. tomorrow, Monday?

yjnkdawg
06-02-2018, 05:02 PM
If it is definitely Schloss (which it seems to be), I would think some time on Monday. I wouldn't think our athletic department would make an announcement like that on a Saturday night, or Sunday unless there was a critical need to do so. Anyway, Cohen should still be at the tourney.

ScoobaDawg
06-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Exactly.... the future can wait for now. We just got another day to live for this year.
Monday or tuesday would be logical.

dawgoneyall
06-02-2018, 06:06 PM
Exactly.... the future can wait for now. We just got another day to live for this year.
Monday or tuesday would be logical.

Reverse luck/jinking ....I had us losing and then this.

yjnkdawg
06-02-2018, 06:32 PM
Reverse luck/jinking ....I had us losing and then this.

Even if we lost today, I don't see where our athletic department would have made an announcement like that on a weekend, unless there was some critical factor where they needed to do so, which doesn't appear to be the case.

MarketingBully
06-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Here’s also the thing people don’t realize. If Schlossnagle wasn’t the guy, TCU would have already announced he’s staying at TCU. Especially with the draft on Monday. Schlossnagle is the guy and it will be announced this week.

yjnkdawg
06-02-2018, 08:52 PM
Here?s also the thing people don?t realize. If Schlossnagle wasn?t the guy, TCU would have already announced he?s staying at TCU. Especially with the draft on Monday. Schlossnagle is the guy and it will be announced this week.

Why would the TCU athletic department put an official announcement out that he is staying at TCU? They will put out an official announcement when he is no longer officially their head coach. Now if you are talking about message board posters then that is a whole different story.

MarketingBully
06-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Why would the TCU athletic department put an official announcement out that he is staying at TCU? They will put out an official announcement when he is no longer officially their head coach. Now if you are talking about message board posters then that is a whole different story.

Because in order to keep him they will have to up the deal they currently have and their AD is radio silent on this. You better believe if they were keeping him there would be a news article announcing this in the press.

Todd4State
06-02-2018, 09:21 PM
I'm going to guess that the official announcement comes later in the week than Monday.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2018, 09:44 PM
Let's lock his ass up before the Florida State job opens up. Cohen needs to get a damn signature asap

Cooterpoot
06-02-2018, 09:53 PM
After our season is over. I’m guessing Wed or Thurs.

yjnkdawg
06-02-2018, 09:54 PM
Because in order to keep him they will have to up the deal they currently have and their AD is radio silent on this. You better believe if they were keeping him there would be a news article announcing this in the press.

I'm not saying that they are keeping him. What I am saying is if they were keeping him they wouldn't have to put out an official announcement to just to say he is still their coach. Now if there was a contract negotiation, yeah I could see them putting out an official announcement,or if he resigns and is not their coach on record.

Dawg61
06-02-2018, 09:57 PM
Let's lock his ass up before the Florida State job opens up. Cohen needs to get a damn signature asap

Reading over the FSU board a lot of them seem to think Martin is returning. They all want him gone but he's only 24 wins away from 2,000.

yjnkdawg
06-02-2018, 10:04 PM
After our season is over. I’m guessing Wed or Thurs.

That makes more sense. Monday at the earliest is my guess, but more so i think on what you said. I believe some are over reacting and freaking out about this draft day thinking that we have to have him in place (officially announced) before draft day.

MarketingBully
06-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Once again, it’s when not if on Schlossnagle. I think it’s announced this week.

Question: How possible is it that this was Jim Schlossnagle’s last season with TCU?

Carlton: Sure looks that way doesn’t it? The quote by TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati last week that the Horned Frogs would be fine regardless of what happens didn’t exactly indicate Schlossnagle is staying. There’s interest at Mississippi State, which wants to make big splash in its baseball hire, and by Schlossnagle. The timing seems to be right. Could easily see an announcement early this week.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/tcuhornedfrogs/2018/06/02/appears-may-jim-schlossnagles-last-season-tcu

Pit Bull
06-03-2018, 02:49 AM
Tonight. tomorrow, Monday?

No idea, but did notice Gene Swindoll updated his list.....he dropped Rob Childress, Tim Tadlock, and Nick Mingione. Updated list now as follows......

Tim Corbin
Gary Henderson
Josh Holliday
Dan McDonnell
Jim Scholossnagle

With all this, the main D-1 openings I'm aware of are Miss. State and Florida State. Of course, we all know Schloss is our man, so FSU will have to find the right fit for them among the other potential candidates.

MarketingBully
06-03-2018, 02:52 AM
No idea, but did notice Gene Swindoll updated his list.....he dropped Rob Childress, Tim Tadlock, and Nick Mingione. Updated list now as follows......

Tim Corbin
Gary Henderson
Josh Holliday
Dan McDonnell
Jim Scholossnagle

With all this, the main D-1 openings I'm aware of are Miss. State and Florida State. Of course, we all know Schloss is our man, so FSU will have to find the right fit for them.

I wouldn’t read anything into it. He basically said we are waiting until this regional is over to announce. I think he is finally relenting that it’s Schlossnagle if you read some of his answers. I’d say we will announce sometime this week.

Bama_Dawg
06-03-2018, 08:19 AM
At this point, we are playing baseball, post-season baseball. How many thought that would happen 60 days ago? The draft is soon, but the guys don't have to sign until July. Cohen most likely has this wrapped up already (and has for weeks, if not months). My thing would be not to announce any changes until OUR season is over.

Jarius
06-03-2018, 10:18 AM
Gene thinks it gets done today.

Cooterpoot
06-03-2018, 10:23 AM
SchlIT’s coming

I seen it dawg
06-03-2018, 10:24 AM
I can't believe any announcement would happen while we are still playing. If we somehow get to tomorrow then somehow win Monday no way they announce something to disrupt the Supers.

Jarius
06-03-2018, 10:27 AM
It won?t be announced officially by the school but it will be reported by credible media. If Gary’s idiotic coaching moves don’t distract them, nothing will. They all know Henderson is a lame duck anyway. I doubt we don’t have a coach by the draft unless it falls through for some reason with schloss.

Commercecomet24
06-03-2018, 10:36 AM
It will be after the regional. Tuesday more than likely. Also possible if we move to super regional it could be delayed til after that.

Cooterpoot
06-03-2018, 10:43 AM
You’re going to see an acknowledgment, not an official announcement.

MarketingBully
06-03-2018, 11:48 AM
I think it’s dumb as hell if we wait until after Supers if we make it that far. Name Schloss this week and get it over with. We know Henderson isn’t getting this job so why wait? Too many things can fall through the longer you wait. Name Schloss this week and if everything works out have him in Starkville next weekend at the Supers against Vandy and build great publicity. Cohen’s not dumb. But it would be dumb if we have things finalized with Schloss and continue to sit on our hands until our season is over.

Bully13
06-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Thread Hijack. didn't wanna put in the game thread or start a new one. here's a short video clip of "the top 5 programs who have never won it all"

https://www.ncaa.com/video/baseball/2018-05-16/high-five-di-baseball-best-programs-no-title-florida-state-clemson-north

Pit Bull
06-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Gene thinks it gets done today.

Most certainly will if we don't score about 15-20 runs vs Samford.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-03-2018, 02:15 PM
It's Schlossnagle. It has been Schlossnagle, it is Schlossnagle, it will be Schlossnagle.

yjnkdawg
06-03-2018, 03:59 PM
I think it?s dumb as hell if we wait until after Supers if we make it that far. Name Schloss this week and get it over with. We know Henderson isn?t getting this job so why wait? Too many things can fall through the longer you wait. Name Schloss this week and if everything works out have him in Starkville next weekend at the Supers against Vandy and build great publicity. Cohen?s not dumb. But it would be dumb if we have things finalized with Schloss and continue to sit on our hands until our season is over.

Why is an official announcement from our athletic department issued right now so critical in your thinking? If things have already been worked out for an incoming coach, and the key people know why would you want to screw up a possible college baseball run. Yeah, we are well aware that you care nothing for Henderson. That has been said by you many many many times. But he and our team would like to play more baseball, so why add something that could detract them from doing that, when an official announcement is not something that has to be released right now. Yeah Cohen is smart and he isn't going to do anything that would jeopardize our current baseball tournament play right now as some on this board would probably do.

mstatefan91
06-03-2018, 04:04 PM
It's Schlossnagle. It has been Schlossnagle, it is Schlossnagle, it will be Schlossnagle.

I don’t believe you ;)

yjnkdawg
06-03-2018, 04:12 PM

Good work IYOK, but one question? Are you having to go and buy groceries in Orlando yet? :cool:

Bully13
06-03-2018, 04:21 PM
Why is an official announcement from our athletic department issued right now so critical in your thinking? If things have already been worked out for an incoming coach, and the key people know why would you want to screw up a possible college baseball run. Yeah, we are well aware that you care nothing for Henderson. That has been said by you many many many times. But he and our team would like to play more baseball, so why add something that could detract them from doing that, when an official announcement is not something that has to be released right now. Yeah Cohen is smart and he isn't going to do anything that would jeopardize our current baseball tournament play right now as some on this board would probably do.

All of our players and coaches know who our new coach is. We are not going public with it until our season is over. Those in the media who know not about our situation or those who do but don't give a shit would capitalize and slam us for dissing Henderson. Cohen will not provide the low hanging fruit for nefarious journalists.

"MSU's Head Coach Shocked as he is Replaced in the Middle of Post Season"

"Players Dismayed and Heartbroken"

"Head Coached Axed after Pulling the Team Together Late in the Season in Middle of an Omaha Run"