PDA

View Full Version : Pilk

stalkingpoon
06-02-2018, 08:57 AM
Is it set in stone that he?s leaving? He?s had a pretty rough year and you have to think that?s hat hurts his draft stock. I think it?s from being overworked this past summer, so I think if he rests this coming summer he can come back and have a stellar senior year. He would really help our rotation next year if he could be his old self.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-02-2018, 09:10 AM
MLB doesn't draft based on results, they draft based on projectability. If results were what mattered, Rooker would have been the 1st hitter taken. Pilk supposedly projets well, even though his fb doesn't seem to be fast. The NFL and NBA drafts are far more about on field results. MLB will pic him high regardless of his objectively bad year

Hambone
06-02-2018, 09:26 AM
Last year was definitely a better year for him. He almost guarantees 4 runs by the 2nd inning now.

msstate7
06-02-2018, 09:34 AM
MLB doesn't draft based on results, they draft based on projectability. If results were what mattered, Rooker would have been the 1st hitter taken. Pilk supposedly projets well, even though his fb doesn't seem to be fast. The NFL and NBA drafts are far more about on field results. MLB will pic him high regardless of his objectively bad year

I think he's gone.

What do you consider high? I say no way on top 2 rounds... probably 3-5 rounds. His velocity dropping is a big problem for him

dawgs
06-02-2018, 09:56 AM

No doubt projectability plays a roll in mlb drafts, but josh Allen says it plays a role in the nfl draft too. And nba teams draft guys like Zach Collins in the lottery and he was a backup in his 1 year of college or guys like kyrie Irving or Michael porter jr who were hurt and barely even touched the court. They all go off projections, it's just that often guys who project well also have produced.

MaroonFlounder
06-02-2018, 10:05 AM
What if he comes back, and he’s still not effective. We can’t afford to have an “ace” pitcher that throws BP every Friday night.

AlSwearengen
06-02-2018, 10:37 AM
I imagine his drop in velocity will be a concern for scouts. I’m assuming it is just a tired arm.