PDA

View Full Version : SEC changes rules for Grad and Post-Season Ban Transfers

msstate7
06-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Alabama will raid your HS talent and nowThey can raid your current roster. Sec allows transfers within conference without sitting out. Can't imagine this is good for us

THIS IS INCORRECT - ONLY GRADUATE and Schools on POST-SEASON BAN - Scooba
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23670817/under-new-rule-sec-graduates-transfer-conference-play-immediately

msstate7
06-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Anyone know when this takes effect? It would be nice to snag heron from auburn

Mobile Bay
06-01-2018, 09:34 PM
You are very fake news.

Schools can still restrict where players go within the SEC

Bulldog1
06-01-2018, 09:35 PM
I'm pretty sure it's effective immediately.

msstate7
06-01-2018, 09:35 PM
You are very fake news.

Just reading ESPN ticker

Pit Bull
06-01-2018, 09:39 PM
I would think we would want their extras more than them wanting our backups. If I was them, I would be more worried about all those 4 and 5 stars not getting a lot of PT. Not sure they're interested in our depth full of 2 & 3 star players.

msstate7
06-01-2018, 09:40 PM
You are very fake news.

If schools were just gonna block other sec schools, why would the ADs vote to pass it?

dickiedawg
06-01-2018, 09:41 PM
I think this came up because Alabama was blocking a transfer for one of its players.

preachermatt83
I would think we would want their extras more than them wanting our backups. If I was them, I would be more worried about all those 4 and 5 stars not getting a lot of PT.

Exactly

Dawg61
This rule only applies to SEC grad transfers and conveniently for Muffins it also applies to any student transferring from a school on post-season ban so Van Jefferson is immediately eligible for Florida.

Quaoarsking
06-01-2018, 09:42 PM
I think there will be more players trickling away from the Alabamas than to them

msstate7
06-01-2018, 09:43 PM
I think there will be more players trickling away from the Alabamas than to them

I can see that. I can also see an all sec player on a bad team transfer to Bama

ScoobaDawg
06-01-2018, 10:01 PM
They can raid your current roster. Sec allows transfers within conference without sitting out. Can't imagine this is good for us

this is just false...it's only for grad transfer and schools on post-season ban
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23670817/under-new-rule-sec-graduates-transfer-conference-play-immediately

Todd4State
06-01-2018, 10:04 PM

I agree. I could see someone like a Scott Lashley transferring out whereas in the past Saban would "process" them.

Hambone
06-01-2018, 11:30 PM
Yea I don’t understand why this thread started out the way it did. You have to be a grad transfer in order for this to take place.

ScoobaDawg
06-01-2018, 11:31 PM
I agree. I could see someone like a Scott Lashley transferring out whereas in the past Saban would "process" them.

If they transfer out from Bama and aren't a grad transfer.. then the rules will still apply and they will have to sit a year...

msstate7
06-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Yea I don’t understand why this thread started out the way it did. You have to be a grad transfer in order for this to take place.

I thought I read it was for any transfer within the sec. I was wrong on that. Honestly though, do you guys really feel bama with all their resources will not use this rule to benefit themselves? If you are a good junior at a less than blue blood that will graduate early, bama and Georgia will do their best to get those guys to transfer. Sure others will benefit from taking bama and Georgia's 4th string lb, but they'll get your 1st string all sec OT.

The Federalist Engineer
06-02-2018, 12:15 AM
This red tape on players is totally unfair and probably could not survive a Thomas A. Mars challenge

Seriously, how can Mullen (the coach and the guy that recruits the players) just leave while on contract and coach the very next season in the conference, but a punter or a backup QB have no equivalent freedoms

Same for Strickland, the AD... no restrictions on his "transfer" and no sitting out a year

Dawg61
06-02-2018, 12:24 AM
I thought I read it was for any transfer within the sec. I was wrong on that. Honestly though, do you guys really feel bama with all their resources will not use this rule to benefit themselves? If you are a good junior at a less than blue blood that will graduate early, bama and Georgia will do their best to get those guys to transfer. Sure others will benefit from taking bama and Georgia's 4th string lb, but they'll get your 1st string all sec OT.

Sure it helps Bama but it helps all SEC teams keep the talent in the SEC so this is a win for the SEC. The SEC made a rule to make all of the SEC better instead of losing grad transfers to other leagues. You're worried about Bama poaching players but the SEC is worried about other leagues poaching players. This helps minimize that.