PDA

View Full Version : Random Thought... SEC Teams Alliance

AlaDawg
10-09-2013, 10:14 AM
With Alabama's "process" coming to light and playing out right in front of the media and nothing major being done about it by the SEC and NCAA, what would stop the other 13 SEC member institutions from forming an alliance and basically telling the SEC we will not play Alabama in football until the "process" is cleaned up. What could the SEC and Alabama do? Think of the revenue hit Alabama would take by eliminating an entire SEC home schedule. Think of the TV revenue hit the SEC would face. I'm sure each institution is under contract and must field a team, but if all 13 teams did this the SEC wouldn't be able to replace 13 institutions and would basically be held hostage to some degree and be forced to look deeply into Alabama's program. Not just Alabama, what if it was Texas A&M, LSU, Florida that needed cleaning up. Just a random thought on a slow Wednesday morning.

engie
10-09-2013, 10:36 AM
No.

:crickets:

Coach34
10-09-2013, 10:39 AM
The Big 6 will always align together

Political Hack
10-09-2013, 10:41 AM
that's what is happening against OM right now. just sit back and enjoy it.

M.Fillmore
10-09-2013, 11:26 AM

I know you are being sarcastic, but how I would love that. It would make my year. My dream is for the NCAA to hammer OM, the press to turn on OM and go on a relentless campaign against their racist history, traditions and recent failings, then the NAACP and such to go nuts on them, and for the SEC to drop them and add another school.

It'll never happen but Ole Miss in CUSA or the Sun Belt would be nice.

AROB44
10-09-2013, 11:55 AM
With Alabama's "process" coming to light and playing out right in front of the media and nothing major being done about it by the SEC and NCAA, what would stop the other 13 SEC member institutions from forming an alliance and basically telling the SEC we will not play Alabama in football until the "process" is cleaned up. What could the SEC and Alabama do? Think of the revenue hit Alabama would take by eliminating an entire SEC home schedule. Think of the TV revenue hit the SEC would face. I'm sure each institution is under contract and must field a team, but if all 13 teams did this the SEC wouldn't be able to replace 13 institutions and would basically be held hostage to some degree and be forced to look deeply into Alabama's program. Not just Alabama, what if it was Texas A&M, LSU, Florida that needed cleaning up. Just a random thought on a slow Wednesday morning.

Not sure what "process" you are referring to. The only process I see at Bama is winning crystal balls.

ChupacabraDawg
10-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Yeah not going to happen... EVER. Considering the conference members are in some sort of contractual obligation to play each other I don't see this ever been a possibility.

M.Fillmore
10-09-2013, 12:17 PM
The Big 6 will always align together

And the Little 6 enjoy the extra million or so dollars that comes in their annual SEC checks when one of the Big 6 make the Title Game.

TUSK
10-09-2013, 07:14 PM
And do you know the Illuminati/Bammer handshake?

Political Hack
10-09-2013, 08:14 PM
And do you know the Illuminati/Bammer handshake?

I laughed.

Fred Garvin
10-09-2013, 08:43 PM
I know you are being sarcastic, but how I would love that. It would make my year. My dream is for the NCAA to hammer OM, the press to turn on OM and go on a relentless campaign against their racist history, traditions and recent failings, then the NAACP and GLAAD and such to go nuts on them, and for the SEC to drop them and add another school.

It'll never happen but Ole Miss in CUSA or the Sun Belt would be nice.

Fixed that for you

AlaDawg
10-10-2013, 02:48 PM

This is actually why I posted this random thought.