PDA

View Full Version : After Today, does anyone still want Henderson as pitching coach?

Bulldog1
06-01-2018, 05:14 PM
I hope not.

MaroonFlounder
06-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Negative. Henderson had chances to stop the bleeding, and caused further hemorrhaging.

msstate7
06-01-2018, 05:40 PM
I thought Henderson did a good job last season. I'm not gonna hold this year against him as much bc henderson got a lot more responsibility thrown on him. I do want to move on though. I don't like that none of our pitchers seem to have gained any velocity under him. I want more velocity, and a pitching coach with a plan to get it the right way. I also want to see better S&C with our baseball program.

MetEdDawg
06-01-2018, 05:50 PM
To be mildly fair, how many of us would be bitching had France nutted up and done what he's done all year? Instead he got the yips and started walking people.

Now having said that, regardless of how France did, you ride James and bring France in to save him if he gets in trouble. A fresh France for tomorrow to go along with Small in a winners bracket game is what we needed. James could go multiple innings and looked good. Ride that crap to the 8th if you can, then go France/Self. But it was an extremely poor decision to pull him then no matter what France would have done.

Todd4State
06-01-2018, 06:44 PM
I thought Henderson did a good job last season. I'm not gonna hold this year against him as much bc henderson got a lot more responsibility thrown on him. I do want to move on though. I don't like that none of our pitchers seem to have gained any velocity under him. I want more velocity, and a pitching coach with a plan to get it the right way. I also want to see better S&C with our baseball program.

Velocity? How about just progress in general. I can't think of anyone that is significantly better than last year except for maybe Small. And a lot of that is because he has recovered from an injury.

And velocity is part of progress so don't get me wrong. But the command and location have been way off too.

tcdog70
06-01-2018, 06:47 PM
A 17ing umpire with a pie plate strike zone didn't help.

Skydawg1
06-01-2018, 06:49 PM
He embarrassed Bulldog Baseball today. Tomorrow should be his last day in an MSU uniform.

Todd4State
06-01-2018, 06:51 PM

All I ask of an umpire is that they are consistent. If it's small for both teams I'm OK with that.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Anyone did before today?

Bulldog1
06-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Anyone did before today?

Yeah. About 2 or 3 here worship him. He does no wrong in their eyes.

Doggie_Style
06-01-2018, 06:57 PM

He was consistent though....we just sucked today...it wasn?t just one person....baseball, we should bounce back tomorrow

Katdoc12
06-01-2018, 07:04 PM
Yeah. About 2 or 3 here worship him. He does no wrong in their eyes.

Hell, some wanted him considered for Head Coach!! SMDH!

Pit Bull
06-01-2018, 07:22 PM
I hope not.

Not up to us, but if Schloss wants him, I'm fine with it. He did a good job.....just had nothing to work with. Our pitching depth and quality is way down from typical Bulldog teams in the past. Tommy Lasorda, Sparky Anderson, Joe Torre, nor Tony LaRussa would have done any better with this team this year under the same circumstances. Many thanks to coach Henderson for his efforts. We need a talent infusion of major proportions that MLB will not quite be interested in until their junior years. All Schloss needs to do is recruit and recruit some more.....sell the new stadium to good players and get the local fans involved to come out for weekday games to give us better support. I think it will take about 2 years for Schloss to get us back to serious winning....unless we can secure some big time Juco players to jump start it.

Lord McBuckethead
06-01-2018, 07:29 PM
The only issue I have with Henderson is how he manages our pitching staff. It seems like almost every move Henderson does in a game like this is exactly opposite of what should be done. You have a hot hand from a guy that usually doesn't pitch, stay with that guy until he actually gets himself into trouble. The kid was pitching well, leave him in to eat innings. We only needed 9 outs up by three.

Bulldog1
06-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Tommy Lasorda, Sparky Anderson, Joe Torre, nor Tony LaRussa would have done any better with this team this year under the same circumstances.
I don't know about that.

weblow
06-01-2018, 08:12 PM
If he wears a state uniform after this season we will have messed up. He proved today that he isn’t capable of even being a pitching coach and it wasn’t the 4th time this year.

He has gotten a lot of misplaced credit this year and it is bullshit. This team has won do to upperclassman leadership and Jake G. They have done all this in spite of Henderson.

Henderson needs to be put out to pasture. His decision making today proved that he was one step away from the dementia ward at the local psych facility.

Henderson deserves credit for continuing to be positive and not be an ass to the players but he has proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Kentucky firing his ass was not a mistake.

Today, his decision making was unforgivable and this team and this university deserved a hell of a lot better.

Dawg61
06-01-2018, 08:15 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/23BST5FQOc8k8/giphy.gif

yjnkdawg
06-01-2018, 08:16 PM
I want our incoming HC to chose the pitching coach, who he thinks will help us to obtain and maintain that elite status in our college baseball program that both he and us (our fanbase) want to see become a reality. My comment probably doesn't fit in with your intent in initiating this thread, but whatever.

Cooterpoot
06-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Henderson lived off out previous two pitching coaches last year. This year was his work. The guy never wanted to coach when Cohen begged him to come here due to the late hire of an inexperienced Canz.

Todd4State
06-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Henderson lived off out previous two pitching coaches last year. This year was his work. The guy never wanted to coach when Cohen begged him to come here due to the late hire of an inexperienced Canz.

Henderson was here because Cohen threw him a bone. He was here before Cann and that had nothing to do with it.

Bdawg
06-01-2018, 10:37 PM
If he wears a state uniform after this season we will have messed up. He proved today that he isn’t capable of even being a pitching coach and it wasn’t the 4th time this year.

He has gotten a lot of misplaced credit this year and it is bullshit. This team has won do to upperclassman leadership and Jake G. They have done all this in spite of Henderson.

Henderson needs to be put out to pasture. His decision making today proved that he was one step away from the dementia ward at the local psych facility.

Henderson deserves credit for continuing to be positive and not be an ass to the players but he has proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Kentucky firing his ass was not a mistake.

Today, his decision making was unforgivable and this team and this university deserved a hell of a lot better.

You read my mind here.

confucius say
06-01-2018, 10:54 PM

Damn good post.

We need a pitching coach that impresses the mentality upon our guys of, "Im about to shove it up your ass and pull it out through your throat." We have lost that since Wes left. We are soft and we don't attack hitters. It's a reflection of coaching.

Pit Bull
06-02-2018, 02:17 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/23BST5FQOc8k8/giphy.gif

Grand mal seizure?

yjnkdawg
06-02-2018, 10:42 AM
If he wears a state uniform after this season we will have messed up. He proved today that he isn?t capable of even being a pitching coach and it wasn?t the 4th time this year.

He's won't be. He is probably going to retire after this season. I can't see him accepting an off the field position in the athletic department, if one is actually offered, but I guess anything is possible.