PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding read on Dan & Megan from Bob Carscadon

FlabLoser
10-09-2013, 10:12 AM
http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/dan-and-megan-mullen-a-football-love-story/

Story about how Dan & Megan met, Megan's chance encounter with Old Waverly & MSU while Dan was coaching at UF, and how they got to MSU.

Great read. Funny story. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll fall in love all over again.

TheRef
10-09-2013, 10:17 AM
I love how Bob is bringing a background story to a bunch of people. I like it.

Political Hack
10-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I ripped our PR department earlier, but bob has made it 1,000 times better.

Westdawg
10-09-2013, 10:47 AM
freaking great story, Bob! I really want Mullen to be successful here. I truly believe they have gone "all in" with our university. People are gonna have to understand that this is a long term relationship. I want to beat the Alabama's and LSU's, and I believe those will come.

Political Hack
10-09-2013, 10:49 AM
freaking great story, Bob! I really want Mullen to be successful here. I truly believe they have gone "all in" with our university. People are gonna have to understand that this is a long term relationship. I want to beat the Alabama's and LSU's, and I believe those will come.

this is what I'm hoping to see too. I see CDM as our Frank Beamer, but Strick's back door meetings as of late worry me. If he pulls a "Cutcliff" he needs to be cut from the Ath Dept. CDM has accomplished more in 4.5 years than any other coach has in a decade.

Dawgdom
10-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Damn fall allergies...

FlabLoser
10-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Its been said that the Mullen family likes Starkville a whole lot. So much so that people have wondered why. Now it makes sense.

Barking 13
10-09-2013, 11:00 AM
that was cute... thankth bobby....

Westdawg
10-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Hack, I couldn't agree more. I will admit that I have hated to see some of the coaching mistakes. However, I was thrust into a head coaching position this fall unexpectedly, and granted, it ain't SEC football, but it has brought an entirely new viewpoint to my thinking. If you have never been on the sidelines as the head of a program and dealing with ALL of the inner workings of a program, it is completely impossible to understand how hard it is on coaches, especially the HC. I can see growth in Mullen since he has been here, and I think he does want to be loyal to those upperclassmen, but also wants to win and is beginning to understand that he needs to play the best for the position. I think we are seeing that spot in the recruiting from the 2010-11 classes that was not very deep nor as talented as hoped. I think that the next year or two will be the signs of what can really take place. I will say that if the record is not far better ( at least 8 wins next year) then Mullen may have hit his ceiling.

angusyoung
10-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Nice article but the grammar is painful.

Dawgdom
10-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Nice article but the grammar is painful.

Your and idiot...sorry I thought I was on the pack.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2013, 11:42 AM
And people say he can't recruit!!! Dan is going to be here for a while. I couldn't help that think after the Jesse Jackson commitment, and how we already lead for many of the top MS in the 2015 class, that Dan is replacing Seniors with better players. If you can't see the potential of this years team and the young talent we have, then you don't understand football.

Our program is moving forward, and it isn't smoke and mirrors. The big wins will come in time, but good food takes time.

Dawg61
10-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Good read, thanks for posting

Thick
10-09-2013, 12:08 PM
It's tough to read that, and get upset about the season right now. I really hope that Dan can get over the hump with a signature win this year!!!

CJDAWG85
10-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Just have faith guys... We finally have a coach who is successfull AND loves this university and town.

godlluB
10-09-2013, 12:53 PM
this is what I'm hoping to see too. I see CDM as our Frank Beamer,

Great, does that mean that we get an empty trophy case too?! **

Westdawg
10-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Great, does that mean that we get an empty trophy case too?! **

Dumb. Beamer has a case full of them. Conference championships, bowl wins, and played for a BCS NC. You can't say Beamer is not a good coach. I think he is suffering more than anyone the rise of schools like Clemson, South Carolina, and to a degree even West Virginia. They are in an area with a huge population but not a hotbed of football talent/tradition. I, for one, wanted the expansion to include them, a d would have greatly enhanced VaTech's ability to recruit better.