PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to start a thread to say

OldFatDog
06-01-2018, 01:36 PM
How much I appreciate Gary Henderson leading this team during a very difficult season. Thanks, Coach Henderson.

BuckyIsAB****
06-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Trash

Rick Danko
06-01-2018, 02:30 PM
How much I appreciate Gary Henderson leading this team during a very difficult season. Thanks, Coach Henderson.

Thanks for the encouraging words Mrs Henderson

sleepy dawg
06-01-2018, 02:39 PM

While I agree with you, you must not pay much attention to the board here. This thread was not a good idea to start, fyi.

Leroy Jenkins
06-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Shucks we are po' ole' mittitippi tate. We should be greatfull they allow us to play ball when we can't even read good.

I will never understand cucks and beta-males.

Jack Lambert
06-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Shucks we are po' ole' mittitippi tate. We should be greatfull they allow us to play ball when we can't even read good.

What's a cucks? Is it a Swedish chicken?

hopsondawg22
06-01-2018, 02:58 PM
You are not a cuck, Jack. Pu**ies like OP are cucks

sleepy dawg
06-01-2018, 03:25 PM

That's not even remotely what he (I don't think) or I are saying. Nobody (mostly) wants him to stay as our head coach. We all want the best coach in the land and now have expectations that we're trying to do that. Henderson, just like the rest of us, got thrown into a ****ed up situation with this season thanks to Cann. Very few interim coaches eventually become the head coach and most won't even be with the team the next year either due to new coaches overhaul or the fact that they were the head coach for a bit and now they have to go back down.

I will always be thankful for the job Henderson has done this year in this completely f*cked up situation we landed in this year. There weren't really any other options and he took over and we made the post season. Even if we made it mostly b/c the players and not him, this season could have gone down as one of the worst ever, but it didn't and at the very least, I can be thankful for the Henderson stepping in to a train-wreck of a situation and at least coasting us a stop still on the tracks. Nobodies quit the team. We didn't go on any crazy losing streaks. Nobody got into public fights and the players have handled it great. Even if Henderson may not be good enough to be our head coach in a normal season, he stepped in this year and did us a solid until we could find someone else.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Gautreau could have stepped in and kept the program in a good place. Everybody acts like if henderson wouldn't have been here our program would have turned into a prison gang. We made a regional because we have a few talented guys and for the most part play hard. And we started playing better when Henderson got the **** out of the way and let Gautreau take over the offense. Henderson coached pitchers, called pitches, and handled all the media shit. Gautreau got us in a regional. **** henderson.

Lord McBuckethead
06-01-2018, 03:33 PM
Well today has been tough to watch. Bad pitching management decision led to the last 11 runs on only 5 outs. Sorry 12 runs as I type this.
Cannot understand removing our pitcher that was dealing for 3 batters just to let them score 12 unanswered.
It doesn't take a baseball genius to understand you stay with the hot hand, even if a normal day would lead you to taking him out after facing 5 batters.

Leave the guy who ended the 6th and we would have won this game, saved our bullpen and are in the drivers seat, more than likely.

Jack Lambert
06-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Well today has been tough to watch. Bad pitching management decision led to the last 11 runs on only 5 outs. Sorry 12 runs as I type this.
Cannot understand removing our pitcher that was dealing for 3 batters just to let them score 12 unanswered.
It doesn't take a baseball genius to understand you stay with the hot hand, even if a normal day would lead you to taking him out after facing 5 batters.

Leave the guy who ended the 6th and we would have won this game, saved our bullpen and are in the drivers seat, more than likely.

Maybe Henderson was just trying to get home sooner unfortunately his strategy might make the stay longer.

OldFatDog
06-01-2018, 03:51 PM
That's not even remotely what he (I don't think) or I are saying. Nobody (mostly) wants him to stay as our head coach. We all want the best coach in the land and now have expectations that we're trying to do that. Henderson, just like the rest of us, got thrown into a ****ed up situation with this season thanks to Cann. Very few interim coaches eventually become the head coach and most won't even be with the team the next year either due to new coaches overhaul or the fact that they were the head coach for a bit and now they have to go back down.

I will always be thankful for the job Henderson has done this year in this completely f*cked up situation we landed in this year. There weren't really any other options and he took over and we made the post season. Even if we made it mostly b/c the players and not him, this season could have gone down as one of the worst ever, but it didn't and at the very least, I can be thankful for the Henderson stepping in to a train-wreck of a situation and at least coasting us a stop still on the tracks. Nobodies quit the team. We didn't go on any crazy losing streaks. Nobody got into public fights and the players have handled it great. Even if Henderson may not be good enough to be our head coach in a normal season, he stepped in this year and did us a solid until we could find someone else.

This is exactly what I?m saying. Coach Henderson did an incredible job with last year?s staff after 8 Tommy Johns. He steadied the ship this year. I simply don?t understand the desire to dump on the man. Thanks him for his work. Move on.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2018, 03:53 PM
This thread will be soft like Henderson's pitching staff which reflects their pitching coach. This team started playing better when henderson just went back to pitching.

06-01-2018, 03:58 PM
Agreed, he didn't ask for it, but he got it. And honestly, he's probably coached himself into a smaller gig somewhere. It has to be hard trying to focus on the current job when you know it's not permanent

MarketingBully
06-01-2018, 04:11 PM

Exactly. Gordon did what he has done in that situation which is allow big innings. Hell if we put in Neff there he probably gets out of it or maybe only 2 runs score but not ****ing 9. When he put Gordon in that situation, that was the turning point in the game. That MFer didn’t get a single out. Once they scored 9 runs that inning the game was over as everyone just went through the motions after that. It reminded me of the Auburn game we were up 4-0 in a similar situation. Henderson puts in Gordon and a 7 run inning insues. Henderson has made more puzzling decisione this year then I have seen in our baseball program the last 20 years. That brings him up to -11 coaching affect. He really should retire. He’s washed up.

HoopsDawg
06-01-2018, 04:14 PM
I will just say that Henderson seems like a nice man and he didn't ask or expect to be our head coach. I wish him well in his future endeavors.

Doggie_Style
06-01-2018, 04:15 PM

.....good lord...

preachermatt83
06-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Gautreau could have stepped in and kept the program in a good place. Everybody acts like if henderson wouldn't have been here our program would have turned into a prison gang. We made a regional because we have a few talented guys and for the most part play hard. And we started playing better when Henderson got the **** out of the way and let Gautreau take over the offense. Henderson coached pitchers, called pitches, and handled all the media shit. Gautreau got us in a regional. **** henderson.

Exactly

sleepy dawg
06-01-2018, 06:08 PM

You don't ask a guy you might want to keep on staff for the next coach to be your interim coach. Had Gautreu been interim, he'd either be our next head coach (which wouldn't happen) or he'd be gone next year. With Henderson taking over we might can still keep Gautreu. What ever happened to the "trust Cohen" mentality? This move was made for a reason... multiple reasons actually.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2018, 06:49 PM
You don't ask a guy you might want to keep on staff for the next coach to be your interim coach. Had Gautreu been interim, he'd either be our next head coach (which wouldn't happen) or he'd be gone next year. With Henderson taking over we might can still keep Gautreu. What ever happened to the "trust Cohen" mentality? This move was made for a reason... multiple reasons actually.

I never said Gautreau should have been appointed head. The right move was henderson bc he had experience navigating being a head coach and it was pretty elementary and a no brainer. But all the blowjobs for Henderson bc he "held things together" are too much. Let's be real all these soft boys got in as much trouble with Henderson as head coach as they would have with Gautreau, Brown, me or you.

This team started playing worth a shit when Henderson got the **** out of the way and let Gautreau control offense and defense. If we would have kept things like they were we would not have made the tournament much less put on the pathetic horseshit embarrassing performance that was orchestrated by the pussified pitching staff led by the pitching coach Henderson today.

Henderson was largely responsible for making a regional by getting the **** out of the way so by that he did a great job. But to say Henderson is responsible for keeping the program from becoming 80s Oklahoma football and to keep for fellating him as such is ridiculous. Gautreau and the players are much more responsible and to insinuate Henderson was totally responsible for "holding things together" is a slap in the face to anyone with any intelligence. Hence it plays well with some here.

msbulldog
06-02-2018, 05:45 AM

Agree.

ShotgunDawg
06-02-2018, 07:23 AM
I wish our fans demanded more.

Show a pulse a good part of our fan base, and you receive unlimited loyalty.

OldFatDog
06-02-2018, 07:46 AM
I wish our fans demanded more.

Show a pulse a good part of our fan base, and you receive unlimited loyalty.

I wish fewer of our fans were dicks. We all know that Coach Henderson is leaving. He was part of an overachieving team that made it to a super regional. He is part of an overachieving team that is playing in a regional. Thank him for his effort and accomplishments. Wish him the best for the future. Move on. This has absolutely nothing to do with ?demanding more.? The man is leaving when the season is over. Seems strange to me that some of you insist that only two options exist, either scream insults at Coach or you are accepting mediocrity. Odd.