PDA

View Full Version : Cole Cubelic: Don't judge Shoop based on Tennessee

TrapGame
06-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Cole was on OOB this morning and spoke highly of MSU's football team and how impressed he was with Moorhead. He said Shoop is a sharp DC and do not hold his Vols tenure against him. Shoop was micromanaged by Butch who wanted him to run "his" defense. He said Pruitt has his job cut out for him at Tennessee because Butch left him a team full of lazy divas.

Tbonewannabe
06-01-2018, 08:46 AM
Cole was on OOB this morning and spoke highly of MSU's football team and how impressed he was with Moorhead. He said Shoop is a sharp DC and do not hold his Vols tenure against him. Shoop was micromanaged by Butch who wanted him to run "his" defense. He said Pruitt has his job cut out for him at Tennessee because Butch left him a team full of lazy divas.

Sounds like Dan until he hired Grantham. Everyone bitched about bend defense but every DC we had ran it here. A lot of times they look different at other schools.

Bully13
06-01-2018, 09:12 AM
I'll never forget Dan chewing out our 2 stint DC who is now at Miami in front of the cameras and players. I thought that was a lack of leadership on Mullen's part and think stunts like that are overall counterproductive. I feel certain ass chewings need to be one on one. I guess there's a time and place for everything.

Red Sox Dawg
06-01-2018, 09:52 AM
I'll never forget Dan chewing out our 2 stint DC who is now at Miami in front of the cameras and players. I thought that was a lack of leadership on Mullen's part and think stunts like that are overall counterproductive. I feel certain ass chewings need to be one on one. I guess there's a time and place for everything.

Dan was channeling his inner Saban.

Bully13
06-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Dan was channeling his inner Saban.

Saban is one of the very few who can get away with it. He's earned it. Muffin has not.

NYDawg
06-01-2018, 11:42 AM

The only ones it might have been productive with were the country club crew. Hell, I'd have celebrated if he publicly tore into Hevesy or Gonzales a tenth as much as he did Manny, who was much better at his job than either of those two.

Jack Lambert
06-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Saban is one of the very few who can get away with it. He's earned it. Muffin has not.

You have to give Dan credit for letting his coaches wear shorts on a hot day.

Tbonewannabe
06-01-2018, 04:02 PM

I am glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this or I would have spit it all over my keyboard. Thanks for the laugh. I read this after watching that abortion of a baseball game.

Leroy Jenkins
06-01-2018, 04:09 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/pCO5tKdP22RC8/giphy.gif