PDA

View Full Version : JT Ginn interview.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2018, 10:17 PM
I know we all hate the clarion ledger but y'all need to watch this interview and read the article on this fine young man. He helped the lady load up all her equipment after the interview because he thought it was to hot to be doing it by herself. He's gonna be a great ambassador for MSU!

http://https://amp.clarionledger.com/amp/662265002?__twitter_impression=true (https://amp.clarionledger.com/amp/662265002?__twitter_impression=true)

The Federalist Engineer
05-31-2018, 10:23 PM
I'll take your word for it, I never give them clicks or even gaze upon a physical CL. That's enemy media.

preachermatt83
05-31-2018, 10:36 PM
#HailState... i can really see this guy being aloud Friday starter next year if small leaves. If not he will def be sat or Sunday.

deltadawg99
05-31-2018, 11:09 PM
Is there any chance he ends up on campus next year? Sounds like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Todd4State
05-31-2018, 11:37 PM
Is there any chance he ends up on campus next year? Sounds like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders.

I'm saying there's a chance.

And better than the chance in Dumb and Dumber.

preachermatt83
05-31-2018, 11:50 PM
I really trust commerce on this and I think commerce feels like he is gonna be in maroon and white.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2018, 12:04 AM
No guarantees but I'm extremely confident we will have JT's services for the next 2 years.

HoopsDawg
06-01-2018, 12:23 AM
No guarantees but I'm extremely confident we will have JT's services for the next 2 years.

Do you think he DH's or plays a position?

msbulldog
06-01-2018, 06:16 AM
Please be right, CC!

Cooterpoot
06-01-2018, 06:24 AM
He’s going to be rich. I know you have the ins CC, but if he gets $2M, he can’t turn that down.

Homedawg
06-01-2018, 07:27 AM
Im not sure he’s a starting pitcher. He’s a max effort guy. I think he’s a reliever and plays a position. Assuming he makes it. Which I sure hope so

Bully13
06-01-2018, 07:47 AM
I'll take your word for it, I never give them clicks or even gaze upon a physical CL. That's enemy media.

Don't let the CL deprive you of some solid morning wood. oops, meant "wool".

Commercecomet24
06-01-2018, 07:55 AM
Do you think he DH's or plays a position?

Pitch and DH, possibly play a corner infield position.

HoopsDawg
06-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Im not sure he’s a starting pitcher. He’s a max effort guy. I think he’s a reliever and plays a position. Assuming he makes it. Which I sure hope so

With our roster, he's a starter.

shoeless joe
06-01-2018, 08:29 AM
With our roster, he's a starter.

MLB scouts aren't convinced he's a starter. He's an elite arm tho. If he makes it here I'll bet he's a pen guy as a freshman but groomed to be a starter as a sophomore. That is the one thing he'd need to prove to the guys at the next level. But with his arm somebody will prolly take a chance and pay him so I doubt we see him...hope in wrong and will gladly dine on crow.

BuckyIsAB****
06-01-2018, 08:36 AM
I dont care what he plays he is a SEC baseball player. Would be a huge get

Tbonewannabe
06-01-2018, 08:48 AM
MLB scouts aren't convinced he's a starter. He's an elite arm tho. If he makes it here I'll bet he's a pen guy as a freshman but groomed to be a starter as a sophomore. That is the one thing he'd need to prove to the guys at the next level. But with his arm somebody will prolly take a chance and pay him so I doubt we see him...hope in wrong and will gladly dine on crow.

If MLB doesn't think he is a starter then he probably won't get 1st round money unless it is as a hitter.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2018, 09:53 AM
His last 2 starts he was 95-97 in the 7th. He can start.

Tbonewannabe
06-01-2018, 10:31 AM

That is Friday or Saturday starter for us next year probably depending on if Small returns. Can we let him hit if he is pitching or is that too much? Do we use him like the Angels are using the new guy?

Commercecomet24
06-01-2018, 10:41 AM
That is Friday or Saturday starter for us next year probably depending on if Small returns. Can we let him hit if he is pitching or is that too much? Do we use him like the Angels are using the new guy?

I think the plan will be for him to DH when he's not pitching but doubt he'll hit when he's pitching. Be our Tim Hudson but with more velo and more power.

Bully13
06-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Like the Japanese dude for the Angels?

Ari Gold
06-01-2018, 11:02 AM
I hope the kid makes it Starkville and is a 3 time all American.. there is no denying his talent and potential talent.. but let?s all pump the brakes a little.
Shit at this rate no matter what he does if he plays here it will be an underachievement to some.

shoeless joe
06-01-2018, 12:38 PM

But he wasn't there all game. He was 90-92 with the ability to reach back. Nothing wrong with that but he wasn't pounding 95-97 all game. Late in the year he was consciously trying to show he could extend himself because he knew that's what needed to be seen from the scouts.

I hope like all get out that he comes here and is a Friday nite ace from day one but I'm afraid I'm seein some of the same things I saw when shump and aeris got here in football. The hype was so much that it was a disappointment no matter what they did.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2018, 01:02 PM
But he wasn't there all game. He was 90-92 with the ability to reach back. Nothing wrong with that but he wasn't pounding 95-97 all game. Late in the year he was consciously trying to show he could extend himself because he knew that's what needed to be seen from the scouts.

I hope like all get out that he comes here and is a Friday nite ace from day one but I'm afraid I'm seein some of the same things I saw when shump and aeris got here in football. The hype was so much that it was a disappointment no matter what they did.

Think what you want but he hit 100 3 times and was consistently mid 90s. He's for real that's why mlb all over him.

shoeless joe
06-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Think what you want but he hit 100 3 times and was consistently mid 90s. He's for real that's why mlb all over him.

It's not about what I think.

Bully13
06-01-2018, 01:20 PM

Do you know a scout who thinks Ginn's draft projections are misleading?

Commercecomet24
06-01-2018, 01:27 PM

Yeah it's not what I think either.

Bully13
06-01-2018, 01:51 PM
I just feel fortunate that a quality young man like Ginn is considering turning down a lot of money to come play for us. The guy is getting national attention and 1st & 2nd round mentions. Not sure why anybody would want to critique him at this juncture and be "sure" that he's not quality MLB material and not worthy of a big pay day in an early round.

Let's just be grateful and hope for the best for him, his family and MSU.

shoeless joe
06-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Do you know a scout who thinks Ginn's draft projections are misleading?

I know what scouts have said they want to see out of him. A high school kid that can throw upper 90s is gonna go high in the draft. How high may depend on if the scouts saw what they wanted to see.

I know any time someone comes on here to try to temper expectations based on reality they're labeled as trying to run somebody down or not giving them credit. The kid is elite. I hope he comes to school. But I'm not sure he'll be our Friday nite savior next yr...which is what some in this thread have said.

Tbonewannabe
06-01-2018, 04:10 PM
I know what scouts have said they want to see out of him. A high school kid that can throw upper 90s is gonna go high in the draft. How high may depend on if the scouts saw what they wanted to see.

I know any time someone comes on here to try to temper expectations based on reality they're labeled as trying to run somebody down or not giving them credit. The kid is elite. I hope he comes to school. But I'm not sure he'll be our Friday nite savior next yr...which is what some in this thread have said.

If Small leaves then I have no clue who would step into the Fri/Sat starter role. I don't necessarily think he will be our "savior" but guys that turn down 1st or 2nd round money typically end up starting on the weekend. You can look at LSU, UF, Vandy, and just about any other elite program. That doesn't even take into account how big a hole we have in our starting spots. We don't even have a legitimate Sunday starter. Billingsley is completely hit or miss and McQ is mostly miss with some hit.

I don't think it would be a stretch to think someone with his talent could come in and start for a rebuilding pitching staff.

Todd4State
06-01-2018, 06:57 PM

What's wrong with Aeris? He rushed for 1000 yards last year and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. I mean, I think Hill is better but he's a special talent. But I have no problems with Aeris or how he has turned out.

And if Ginn comes to MSU he will have an immediate impact on our team. He's legit.

Pit Bull
06-01-2018, 07:05 PM

A chance....but gonna be difficult.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2018, 07:11 PM

I understand where you're coming from. However, when you compared him to shump who really didn't live up to expectations well you're wrong there. JT is one of the top 30-40 player in the country shump was never considered that elite. I'm not saying JT will be a savior but he's gonna help us a bunch. He dominated hitting against best pitchers in country the last 2 years on showcase circuit and at USA tryouts, he went 11-24 with 4 bombs there. He dominated on the mound against the best players in the country and world last year. He's played and dominated against the best so he's not like a regular freshman. I do understand that some might expect to much, but no one expects more out of JT than JT. He'll be alright.

AlSwearengen
06-01-2018, 07:14 PM
If/when he is a starter (assuming weekend), you dh or let him play in the field Friday and Saturday, then pitch him on Sunday. Let the arm rest Monday.

AlSwearengen
06-01-2018, 07:18 PM
BTW Bully13, your GIF is really hindering my daily productivity.

shoeless joe
06-01-2018, 07:34 PM
I understand where you're coming from. However, when you compared him to shump who really didn't live up to expectations well you're wrong there. JT is one of the top 30-40 player in the country shump was never considered that elite. I'm not saying JT will be a savior but he's gonna help us a bunch. He dominated hitting against best pitchers in country the last 2 years on showcase circuit and at USA tryouts, he went 11-24 with 4 bombs there. He dominated on the mound against the best players in the country and world last year. He's played and dominated against the best so he's not like a regular freshman. I do understand that some might expect to much, but no one expects more out of JT than JT. He'll be alright.

Comparison to shump was based on how he was perceived coming in and how he ended up. He was good when he was put in position to be successful but never did and never was going to meet the expectations set by some. But I agree 100% that ginn is on another level talent wise compared to his peers as opposed to shump.

shoeless joe
06-01-2018, 07:36 PM
What's wrong with Aeris? He rushed for 1000 yards last year and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. I mean, I think Hill is better but he's a special talent. But I have no problems with Aeris or how he has turned out.

And if Ginn comes to MSU he will have an immediate impact on our team. He's legit.

Nothing. I'm his biggest supporter. I'm just talking about how we sometimes put unreasonable expectations on kids before they ever set foot on a college field and it affects how they're perceived by fans going forward.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2018, 11:09 PM
Nothing. I'm his biggest supporter. I'm just talking about how we sometimes put unreasonable expectations on kids before they ever set foot on a college field and it affects how they're perceived by fans going forward.

I'm with you and I understand exactly where you're coming from. We do as fans sometimes expect to much out of these kids. I agree wholeheartedly on that.

msstate7
06-01-2018, 11:16 PM

What about Malik Newman then? Malik was top 10 coming into college

Commercecomet24
06-01-2018, 11:22 PM
What about Malik Newman then? Malik was top 10 coming into college

What about him? Great player for Kansas this past year, apparently didn't fit into howlands system here.

msstate7
06-01-2018, 11:25 PM
What about him? Great player for Kansas this past year, apparently didn't fit into howlands system here.

Took him a few years to figure it out. Personally, I don't blame howland for Malik, but you can

Steakonastick
06-01-2018, 11:28 PM
I hope he ends up in maroon. But hey if he gets his number I’d sign in a heartbeat. It’s gonna be interesting to see how our new pitching coach uses pitchers. Ginn reminds me of Zach Hess. What helps our team more? Him throwing twice a weekend 3-4 innings throwing mid 90’s. Or being a Sunday starter and going 4-7 innings.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2018, 11:36 PM
Took him a few years to figure it out. Personally, I don't blame howland for Malik, but you can

Where did you hear me blame Howland for Malik? You didn't , I said he didn't fit in howlands system and it's obvious he didn't so he moved on. Sometimes that happens in life.

Todd4State
06-01-2018, 11:40 PM

I find it interesting that Malik is vilified by a lot of MSU fans while Luke Reynolds is glorified.

msstate7
06-01-2018, 11:45 PM
Where did you hear me blame Howland for Malik? You didn't , I said he didn't fit in howlands system and it's obvious he didn't so he moved on. Sometimes that happens in life.

Malik wanted to play the 1 here. Howland didn't want him as a 1. Self sold Malik a dream telling him he'd be his 1. Malik didn't play the 1 at Kansas... he plays the 2. Once he bought into playing the 2, Malik took off. That isn't not fitting howland's system... howland wanted Malik as a 2.

Regardless, I was just making the point that being highly rated doesn't always mean you will dominate your freshman year

msstate7
06-01-2018, 11:46 PM
I find it interesting that Malik is vilified by a lot of MSU fans while Luke Reynolds is glorified.

One left on his terms. One got essentially cut

Commercecomet24
06-01-2018, 11:50 PM
Malik wanted to play the 1 here. Howland didn't want him as a 1. Self sold Malik a dream telling him he'd be his 1. Malik didn't play the 1 at Kansas... he plays the 2. Once he bought into playing the 2, Malik took off. That isn't not fitting howland's system... howland wanted Malik as a 2.

Regardless, I was just making the point that being highly rated doesn't always mean you will dominate your freshman year

And I agree that being highly rated doesn't guarantee anything but it sure helps to have the skills, besides baseball and basketball is apples and oranges. And no Malik didn't buy into what howland was selling that's not fitting in. It happens sometimes. I don't have any will toward anyone when they move on cause sometimes the minds just don't meet.

msbulldog
06-02-2018, 05:37 AM
Ginn and Newman are apple to oranges too, attitude. I would love to welcome JT to our Bulldog family!

HaggardDawg
06-02-2018, 04:37 PM
The dodgers want him at #30 in the 1st round. What kind of money is that?

KB21
06-02-2018, 06:00 PM
The dodgers want him at #30 in the 1st round. What kind of money is that?

$2,275,800 slot value

Todd4State
06-02-2018, 07:06 PM
One left on his terms. One got essentially cut

Not really. There was a choice in the matter. But believe what you want to believe.