PDA

View Full Version : Regional eve predictions

CadaverDawg
05-31-2018, 07:42 PM
Everybody throw your predictions out there. How many will we win in Tallahassee? Who ya got going to Omaha?

I think we go 2-2 with 2 wins over Oklahoma and 2 losses to FSU.

I think at least 3 SEC teams make Omaha, with Florida, Arkansas, and unfortunately Ole Miss being my 3 locks. Florida and Arkansas are stout, and Ole Miss is very good and may not have to play a power 5 team to get there (cakewalk).

I think Arkansas will make the Championship series and I think they win it all.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-31-2018, 07:48 PM
2 and Que... new coach named Monday.

Liverpooldawg
05-31-2018, 07:52 PM
2 and Que... new coach named Monday.

Yep.

Bulldog1
05-31-2018, 07:53 PM
I believe we will win this regional. There, I said it!

My Locks for Omaha
1. Florida
2. Arkansas
3. Oregon State
4. Stanford
5. North Carolina
6. Texas
7. Texas Tech OR Georgia
8. Clemson

TNDawg35
05-31-2018, 07:56 PM
Beat Okie, beat FSU, then run out of pitching and loose 2 to FsU.

I think Florida doesn't make it to Omaha or if they do, gets beat pretty quick.
Arkansas makes it to Omaha and makes championship series and prolly wins it.
Texas or Texas A&M takes out NM in the supers.
LSU goes 2 and Q
Vandy goes down in Regionals
Auburn goes down in regionals.

We name Schloss Monday or Tuesday.

msstate7
05-31-2018, 08:03 PM
No idea if we win regional or not, but I expect jake to go out with a bang for as long as we stay alive.

shoeless joe
05-31-2018, 08:05 PM
Power 5 is over rated in baseball...power arms, however, are not.

I could actually see us comin out of this regional but I'm more inclined to see a loss, win, win, loss. Good showing but just not enough to get it done.

MarketingBully
05-31-2018, 08:08 PM
We win the first two against Oklahoma and Florida State then lose the next two. I think Pilk and Small give us great performances and our bats do well the first two games. Then we lose two to Florida State. This team will give a valiant effort. I just don’t trust our 3rd and 4th starters and I don’t trust Henderson to utilize the bullpen efficiently or know who to put in or when to take them out.

The Federalist Engineer
05-31-2018, 08:10 PM
We win the Tallahassee regional 3-1. During the clinching game things will seem hopeless and we have Leibelt on the mound or something- I will go mow the grass and do some weeding - then "what the heck" - we Win Tallahassee

We play at Clemson for the supers. Even as we just chop wood and never seem in command- we win the Super

I don't care about the other SEC schools and their regional success, that's for the obsessed. I think we go to Omaha and it doesn't matter who else is there

BuckyIsAB****
05-31-2018, 08:18 PM
We win the Tallahassee regional 3-1. During the clinching game things will seem hopeless and we have Leibelt on the mound or something- I will go mow the grass and do some weeding - then "what the heck" - we Win Tallahassee

We play at Clemson for the supers. Even as we just chop wood and never seem in command- we win the Super

I don't care about the other SEC schools and their regional success, that's for the obsessed. I think we go to Omaha and it doesn't matter who else is there

this guy gets it. I think we win the regional

mparkerfd20
05-31-2018, 08:26 PM
We either go 2 and Q or make it all the way to Omaha. Neither will surprise me. I do think we have a great chance to win the regional tho.

bobcat91
05-31-2018, 08:33 PM
If Pilk beat Oklahoma, we win the Tallahassee regional.

preachermatt83
05-31-2018, 08:42 PM
I say lose game 1, win game 2, lose game 3.

sleepy dawg
05-31-2018, 08:43 PM
I think 2-2 as well. With what we've done this year though, who knows. 0-2 or 3-0 would also not surprise me. FSU is really good though.

I picked mostly favorites, but really don't feel there are any locks either. I like Stanford and Oregon State way more than the rest of the of that side of the tournament, but I like all the 1 seed SEC teams are set up in good position. Ole Miss especially. They by far have the easiest super regional pairing.

My 8 are:
Florida
Georgia
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Stanford
Florida State
UCLA
Oregon State

Stanford over Arkansas for the championship.

I seen it dawg
05-31-2018, 09:16 PM
Super melt with no score or game situation updates on game thread.

Randolph Dupree
05-31-2018, 09:22 PM
This whole thing has shades of 2007. We are hot at the right time, we roll through Tallahassee into a super against a heavily favored Clemson team (only difference from '07 is we play in Clemson). We continue to take care of business, but we just aren't built for a marathon slugfest and go 1-2 in the CWS and are out.

My remaining CWS prediction: UM chokes in their own regional and doesn't make it. The championship is played between Arkansas and Stanford. Mini me makes the Arky pitching staff do weighted ball drills the day before game 1 in an effort to gain an extra 0.0175 mph in velocity, and 10 pitchers go down with TJ. Arky ends up having to convert their first baseman to a pitcher and relying on their CF for mid inning relief. Stanford wins the whole thing.

Todd4State
05-31-2018, 09:30 PM
I think what will happen is:

We will see full force Hendersoning with Pilkington which means 100 pitches no matter how he looks or how many runs he allows (The exception being Pilkington's arm actually physically falls off) and the guy from Oklahoma holds us down and we can't overcome the 6 runs that Pilkington allows.

Small shuts down Samford. HEY BAPTISTS! PAYBACK IS A BITCH!

We play Oklahoma or FSU again and JB has a rough outing but we find a way to come back and win it in the 9th on a LA grand slam foam run.

Denver Laloosh has control issues against Oklahoma or FSU and we lose game two.

I guess that makes us 2-2.

We name Schlossnagle the head coach on Tuesday. We see a crazy woman meet him at the airport who proceeds to run up and kiss him like that crazy female Alabama fan did when Saban was hired. Hey wait! That's no MSU fan! It's Leigh Ann Begley!

StarkVegasSteve
05-31-2018, 09:35 PM
This team has a real 07 feel about it. As well as Pilk has pitched OOC and Small has pitched against just about everyone I feel like we can take the first 2 of the regional and just throw Johnny Wholestaff in Game 3 and hope to get enough out of Billingsley to get to some combo of France, Neff, Smith, and whoever else is available to pitch

Randolph Dupree
05-31-2018, 09:57 PM
Really like what you've done here Todd. Good work with the "foam run". I've been thinking about the crazy lady at the airport ever since someone said this would be the Saban hire of Baseball, but you took it to another level by incorporating LB. Really nice work. <golf clap> rep given.

Bully13
05-31-2018, 09:58 PM
Rumor has it that Fitz was seen at Walmart on the women's hair coloring isle with an electric hair shaver.

yjnkdawg
05-31-2018, 10:20 PM

Best and probably the most accurate prediction in this thread, ISID. Rep given.

Pit Bull
06-01-2018, 01:05 AM
Everybody throw your predictions out there. How many will we win in Tallahassee? Who ya got going to Omaha?

I think we go 2-2 with 2 wins over Oklahoma and 2 losses to FSU.

I think at least 3 SEC teams make Omaha, with Florida, Arkansas, and unfortunately Ole Miss being my 3 locks. Florida and Arkansas are stout, and Ole Miss is very good and may not have to play a power 5 team to get there (cakewalk).

I think Arkansas will make the Championship series and I think they win it all.

Just hope we play well and whoever wins it, will do it by beating us straight up better. Would hate to see us lose it by making a bunch of silly mistakes or base running errors. I do think FSU is the heavy favorite to win this regional and later take it on to Omaha. And I kind of think this will be the year they break through and bring home that evasive NC.

Cooterpoot
06-01-2018, 06:22 AM
I don’t see us winning more than 2 games.

State82
06-01-2018, 08:23 AM

I spit coffee on this one.

Bully13
06-01-2018, 09:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0kO1ikfL54

Leroy Jenkins
06-01-2018, 03:57 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/troll.gif

I seen it dawg
06-01-2018, 04:02 PM

Boom i finally won a prediction thread

RocketDawg
06-01-2018, 04:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0kO1ikfL54

How old is that picture/video?

Leroy Jenkins
06-01-2018, 04:31 PM
How old is that picture/video?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Are_Marshall

yjnkdawg
06-02-2018, 09:57 AM

You were 100% correct, ISID, with 43 pages of drama.