PDA

View Full Version : How long before

BeastMan
05-31-2018, 12:55 PM
Reverend Rub and Tug gets another job? Ole Hugh comes off really bad in Godfrey?s thing. I?m beginning to question him in big-time CFB coach again. The more time that goes by without a job, the harder it is to get back in.

Thick
05-31-2018, 01:33 PM
No doubt. If he ever gets a HC job, I think it will be lower tier conference, maybe a D II.

Todd4State
05-31-2018, 02:32 PM
I'm thinking Delta State, Mississippi College, Liberty, Northwest MS CC are his best options right now.

BeastMan
05-31-2018, 02:52 PM
I'm thinking Delta State, Mississippi College, Liberty, Northwest MS CC are his best options right now.

See I think the state of MS is too close.

BeastMan
05-31-2018, 02:53 PM
Full disclosure: When Godfrey said in his doc, “Who would have thought the most holy man in CFB would have got taken down by a rub and tug?” I almost spit out my drink and led to his new nickname: Rev Rub n Tug

Todd4State
05-31-2018, 03:40 PM
See I think the state of MS is too close.

Freeze still has Chip Henderson on his team right? That's my main reason for my choices.

BeastMan
05-31-2018, 04:00 PM
Freeze still has Chip Henderson on his team right? That's my main reason for my choices.

That a great point and Chip has a massive following. A true mega church. That said, and I'm not saying I'm in this camp, the popularity of that church has come with some negative backlash too. For example sake, Saint Matthews Methodist Church in Madison. I don't go there. I know a few people that do. I've never heard anyone say a negative word about that church. I don't know that that church has much a name or reach outside of Madison. Dude from Columbus probably has never heard of it. Dude in Columbus has heard of Pinelake. I have absolutely seen/heard negative comments on Pinelake. I say all that to say this: Chip is a big allie for Freeze but I'm not sure how much that resonates in MS outside of the Pinelake congregation. And I'm also not sold that all of the Pinelake congregation itself is totally thrilled with the Freeze connection. Miss College is southern baptist affiliated right? I don't know that Chip would help that much there.

It's just my opinion that Freeze needs to leave MS altogether. Matter of fact, get out of the bible belt. I think his road to the way back is going somewhere random like Indiana or Illinois and coach a small college. Quit the pious routine and fall out of love with being a celebrity. Just be a football coach. And win. I think he can rebuild that way easily. Personally, I don't think he is capable of doing that. Too much narcissism to not somehow make it about himself.

Drugdog
05-31-2018, 05:03 PM
I go to Pinelake. The whole Freeze deal with him preaching here made me sick.

AFDawg
05-31-2018, 05:33 PM
Wait, what?s the backlash connection to St Matthew?s? Or are you saying people are leaving Pinelake for there?

Bully13
05-31-2018, 05:36 PM
I still don't think Freeze was calling hookers for himself. I bet his wife knows that too. He just took the fall for the network. maybe I'm wrong, dunno. Just a hunch.

Kinda funny the NCAA didn't think he was such a bad guy, I mean no Show Cause, right? Why would he not be getting any calls for interviews these days? The NCAA gave him pretty much a clean bill of health along with the entire athletic dept in Oxford. Why would the NCAA put a school in their cross hairs for hiring Freeze after nothing more than a verbal / written scolding?

Could it be that the NCAA write up that screamed lack of institutional control coupled with Freeze's own comments "was surprised when I got here to see the out of control direct involvement the alumni had with recruits" be the reason no one wants to touch him with a 10 foot pole?

I still laugh when I think back to that T.V. piece where Hugh is talking about driving his wife to check out a SEC football stadium and how he told her he would one day be a SEC Head Coach.

BeastMan
05-31-2018, 05:39 PM
Wait, what?s the backlash connection to St Matthew?s? Or are you saying people are leaving Pinelake for there?

There isn’t any. Reread that post. Fine church I’m sure

msbulldog
05-31-2018, 05:52 PM
Hey guys, do yourselves a favor, Judge not, Ye without sin........

yjnkdawg
05-31-2018, 06:34 PM
Reverend Rub and Tug gets another job? Ole Hugh comes off really bad in Godfrey?s thing. I?m beginning to question him in big-time CFB coach again. The more time that goes by without a job, the harder it is to get back in.

It looked like Freeze was probably going to be hired by Bama, more than likely as their OC, until the SEC Office got involved, and told Saban that would not be a good move on Bama's part. Saban likes Freeze and apparently thought that he would be good for Bama's football program.

BeastMan
05-31-2018, 07:23 PM

Calling a spade a spade isn’t judging. Proverbs 12:17. Tell me if you want to be the guy that speaks the truth or deceived. I know which one I’d rather be

Todd4State
05-31-2018, 07:37 PM
I still don't think Freeze was calling hookers for himself. I bet his wife knows that too. He just took the fall for the network. maybe I'm wrong, dunno. Just a hunch.

Kinda funny the NCAA didn't think he was such a bad guy, I mean no Show Cause, right? Why would he not be getting any calls for interviews these days? The NCAA gave him pretty much a clean bill of health along with the entire athletic dept in Oxford. Why would the NCAA put a school in their cross hairs for hiring Freeze after nothing more than a verbal / written scolding?

Could it be that the NCAA write up that screamed lack of institutional control coupled with Freeze's own comments "was surprised when I got here to see the out of control direct involvement the alumni had with recruits" be the reason no one wants to touch him with a 10 foot pole?

I still laugh when I think back to that T.V. piece where Hugh is talking about driving his wife to check out a SEC football stadium and how he told her he would one day be a SEC Head Coach.

Here's the thing about Freeze:

I don't think he's THAT good of a coach. He's not bad. He's average. And he has proven that he doesn't develop players very well- see Treadwell, Nkemdiche, etc.

Now with that said he hasn't won without players that were bought. Ole Miss can't get away with buying players much less Troy or Middle Tennessee State.

And yes he won at Arkansas State but he was only there for one year and that was with another coach's players. So, I don't think that's enough of a sample size at the mid major level to convince me that he can consistently win at a mid major.

So, if you were an AD at a mid major you have to also take those things into account along with the NCAA and ethical issues. It's a huge risk- and one that probably doesn't need to be taken when there are people out there like Les Miles on the market currently.

Todd4State
05-31-2018, 07:37 PM

I'll remember that the next time I'm with a hooker.**

Todd4State
05-31-2018, 07:39 PM
It looked like Freeze was probably going to be hired by Bama, more than likely as their OC, until the SEC Office got involved, and told Saban that would not be a good move on Bama's part. Saban likes Freeze and apparently thought that he would be good for Bama's football program.

I don't think Freeze would handle Saban's ass chewings very well.

Liverpooldawg
05-31-2018, 07:55 PM

Independence High School.

Martianlander
06-01-2018, 07:55 AM
OC for John Bond****